v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

nbp

Staff member
Do you guys think the ios11 Screen Record feature would work for that? I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe I should. That would be the simplest way to record/save the flash program.

egginator1

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Do you guys think the ios11 Screen Record feature would work for that? I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe I should. That would be the simplest way to record/save the flash program.

That’s a great idea!

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

That’s a good idea! Only concern I can see with that is the file size taking up much more space? The original file is tiny because it’s just a pixel blown up. But if you start recording the screen, the file size is going to be a lot bigger. Anyways I might just try that...

nbp

Staff member
I think it would basically just be a 15 second video, or however long it is. If you are pressed for space it might be a problem but to save a couple videos for different levels shoudn’t take too much storage.

I actually wasn’t clever enough to think of it. Haha. I was showing this 17 yr old kid I know who likes to check out my lights and knives the BOSS and website and he says to me ‘Hey why don’t you just use the screen record on your iphone so you can have different levels if you need to change it out in the woods where you don’t have cell service?’ I thought Oh man how did I not think of that?! Kids these days hey?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha yeah I like Android’s flexibility. You’re right that it’s the file size is still small. It’s about 2mb when you use the screen recorder. The original file is 25kb though, so technicalllly that’s like 70 times bigger lol. Not a big deal with most devices now which have a ton of storage, but would’ve mattered on my old Galaxy S4. I was living on the edge with like 20mb left most of the time...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Downloading as we speak, thanks Dan.
P

Edit: looks like a useful app, thanks,
Anything that makes my pnone more Maclike is a bonus.
P

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
How does a Boss owner change settings if/when internet goes down (ei. SHTF situation) and Boss owner has no operational pc. Not such a "boss" flashlight then is it?

honestly in a shtf setting you should really only have one MAYBE two modes. You wouldn’t be programming your light in that scenario. Doesn’t matter what driver or LE yiure using.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
honestly in a shtf setting you should really only have one MAYBE two modes. You wouldn’t be programming your light in that scenario. Doesn’t matter what driver or LE yiure using.

I did this during Hurricane Irma. Reprogramming was available even with no internet.

🤗

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
what I did is program a bunch of modes, I even made a CR123 friendly program that can run on 2xCR123 and 1xCR123 for emergency use. save all files to my phone. ;)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Announcement

Our overall goal for 2017 was building and migrating to a new website. Our overall goal for 2018 is improving availability on many popular products. First up is most v5 options, so the team is working like crazy to boost production...

Our next v5 releases are this week, here are the details:

WHEN
Wednesday, January 24 - early afternoon pacific time (after lunch)

WHAT
BOSS Raw Titanium XPL HI 4000k + amber (all models)
BOSS Raw Titanium XPL HI 4000k + red (limited)
BOSS Raw Titanium 219c 4000k + amber (all models)
BOSS Raw Titanium 219c 4000k + red (all models)

BOSS Satin Black XPL HI 4000k + amber (Q2 heads)
BOSS Satin Black 219c 4000k + red (Q2 heads)

Triple P60 dropin XPL HI 4000k + amber
Triple P60 dropin XPL HI 4000k + red
Triple P60 dropin 219c 4000k + red

HOW
All stock will be released in a single large batch
We'll work to ship all orders together this week

MODIFICATIONS
Order pages include a Special Instructions text box, for things like:

• Bezel ring changes
  • GID / clip removal
  • Optic swaps
  • For fastest shipping, leave this box empty

UPDATES
Our CPF forum will be updated with the latest info including shipping
Our FB group controlthedark.com will be updated with the latest info including shipping

Last edited: