V54 Monthly Giveaway

M

MiniLights

Newly Enlightened
I was at my parent's house early this year, visiting my brother who was home from college for winter break. We were watching some late night west coast hockey, tossing back some of our new favorite IPA's and shooting the breeze. Suddenly, I hear the distinct thud of a cell phone falling to the floor. I check my pockets, my surroundings, and conclude that it was indeed my phone. We search next to, under, and all around the couch and can't find it. My brother then postulates that I may be crazy (true) and never had my phone at all (false). I insist otherwise and arrive at the conclusion that it must have fallen into a veryyy small opening leading to the enclosed frame of the couch. Basically the black hole of pocket change, choking hazards and other accouterments. He laughed at me while I flipped the couch upside down and rattled it over my head, trying to tilt the phone perfectly back to the small opening it entered through, my Olight Copper i3S in my mouth, hoping to catch a glimpse as it slides by. As is often the case, I was correct. After roughly 30 minutes of digging, hoping, and peering into the dark cavern of my parent's couch, the phone was successfully extracted.

What is the number you folks are adding to the bottom of your post? I have not found reference to it.

Bdm82

Bdm82

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I was at my parent's house early this year, visiting my brother who was home from college for winter break. We were watching some late night west coast hockey, tossing back some of our new favorite IPA's and shooting the breeze. Suddenly, I hear the distinct thud of a cell phone falling to the floor. I check my pockets, my surroundings, and conclude that it was indeed my phone. We search next to, under, and all around the couch and can't find it. My brother then postulates that I may be crazy (true) and never had my phone at all (false). I insist otherwise and arrive at the conclusion that it must have fallen into a veryyy small opening leading to the enclosed frame of the couch. Basically the black hole of pocket change, choking hazards and other accouterments. He laughed at me while I flipped the couch upside down and rattled it over my head, trying to tilt the phone perfectly back to the small opening it entered through, my Olight Copper i3S in my mouth, hoping to catch a glimpse as it slides by. As is often the case, I was correct. After roughly 30 minutes of digging, hoping, and peering into the dark cavern of my parent's couch, the phone was successfully extracted.

What is the number you folks are adding to the bottom of your post? I have not found reference to it.
Enter a number. There will be one randomly drawn and the person closest to the number wins.
Normally the range is 1 to 5400. More recently he's used the range 1-54000; I'm not sure which this one is so hopefully Vinh will clarify.

B

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Several years ago I was out walking my dog after dark. As we passed by a house, several dogs that resided there decided to come “visit” us. I hit them with my SC600 which slowed them down. Luckily the dogs got along nicely and we parted ways. As we headed toward home my dog kept looking behind us, looking for that other dog to come back. We were several blocks from that house and had just turned on to our street when my dog turned around and tugged at his leash. I thought he was just still searching for that other dog. So I turned around and turned the SC600 on high to show him there was nothing back there. Imagine my surprise when two pair of eyes were shining back at me! Turns out it was two coyotes. Luckily they didn’t care to be lit up, trotted away, and we made our way home uneventfully. But I was very thankful for my dog’s senses alerting me and for the brightness of my SC600 that shooed away those coyotes! That SC600 is the original model, so now I’m in search of something updated that is higher lumens. So many choices makes it tough to decide! #2022

Last edited:
P

plow_2

Newly Enlightened
I was visiting my parents last year and they have terrible cell coverage. So I'm out in their driveway in the 3 square feet area that gets cell coverage chatting with my girlfriend when I heard a noise. Lit up the area with my now lost Jetbeam AA and watched a skunk walk by about 10 feet away. Decided to hop in my car for the remainder of the conversation.

Last edited:
K

k9ghost

Newly Enlightened
This is going back a little while but I will share, not for praise, "it's just another day at the office", but a realization of I needed more throw in my light. I was carrying a Malkoff Wildcat at the time when we were sent to a call for someone crying for help. When we reached the general area, we could hear voices coming from over the bank leading to the water, Lake Erie. After chasing my much younger partner down the embankment, we reached the beach and could now hear two people crying out for for help. The people were out in the water a good distance but due to the extremely dark conditions the beam of my Wildcat could not provide any great detail regarding their situation(s). With almost no ambient light in the area and the fact the lake really soaks up any and all light, I came to realize as great as my Wildcat was it wasn't good enough for the conditions presented to me. I won't go into any detail regarding the rescue other than everybody went home safe that night and will end by saying, always critique your equipment and carry the best equipment you can afford. #0064

Last edited:
B

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were we supposed to pick to 5400 or 54000 this time? Haha

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
If noone post anything more than 5400 then we go with that. If someone did then we go 54000

vinhnguyen54

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Someone please help me draw. This time please draw three number and then take the average. Thanks

H

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
Someone please help me draw. This time please draw three number and then take the average. Thanks
I'll do the draw - just let me know the range. (I'm a nonparticipant, and only looked at this thread because I saw that you'd posted today.

N

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll do the draw - just let me know the range. (I'm a nonparticipant, and only looked at this thread because I saw that you'd posted today.

1 - 54000

N

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't participate in the giveaway.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Vinh doesn't care who pulls the drawing numbers. Even if you did participate. So anyone feeling motivated draw three numbers between 1 and 54000 come up with an average and give us an answer. I didn't participate but I'm curious as to who won.

I could draw them for you all but want to give someone else a chance.

B

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
You didn’t participate you may as well do it to make it fair. : )

luxxlightsaber

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
I would do it but im not computer savy and i don't know how to post pictures to show the numbers from random. org someone please do it thank you!