• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 / Sky Lumen Warranty

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
Come on. Vinh has been nothing but fair in all I've seen on this forum. Let's just leave this to Vinh to decide, and let him get back to building lights. And I'm not just saying that because he's building one for me. ;)

Capolini

Banned
I have 14 of his lights. I never said he was not fair!

I raised a legitimate question about his warranty!

I have one for you. Is that Leopard[?] alive or dead?

revilo951

Newly Enlightened
Capo, would you wear a live leopard over your shoulders like that? I wouldn't! Unless it was drugged maybe? :eek:

Capolini

Banned
Capo, would you wear a live leopard over your shoulders like that? I wouldn't! Unless it was drugged maybe? :eek:

lol!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shocked/shocked-scream-smiley-emoticon.gif No,,,,,,,,,,maybe he works at a Zoo or for a circus. I guess those were my thoughts at the time! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shocked/shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just hope the animal was used for more than his fur,,,,,,like Native Americans who used every bit of the animal they killed.,,,,,,,,,If I opened up a can of worms,,we can all go Fishing!

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
8) If the light is defective due to the manufacturer's fault I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.

No decision is ever 100% clear to determine who is exactly at fault and what the related costs are. You just have to trust that I will make a fair decision when buying from me. I do want to be clear that the final call will be with me.

I have not had #8 issues arise yet so we will see when we get there. Sorry I can't be more clear.

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
The leopard is dead. And it was delicious. And yes, every part gets used. And no, it doesn't taste like chicken, it was almost exactly like pork. That's something to think about next time you order pork at a sketchy restaurant.

Capolini

Banned
The leopard is dead. And it was delicious. And yes, every part gets used. And no, it doesn't taste like chicken, it was almost exactly like pork. That's something to think about next time you order pork at a sketchy restaurant.
Where are you from? South Africa? a wild guess . Or is that where you killed it?,,,,,,,,,,I know some animals like that are protected?

Capolini

Banned
8) If the light is defective due to the manufacturer's fault I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.

No decision is ever 100% clear to determine who is exactly at fault and what the related costs are. You just have to trust that I will make a fair decision when buying from me. I do want to be clear that the final call will be with me.

I have not had #8 issues arise yet so we will see when we get there. Sorry I can't be more clear.[/QUOTE]

I trust you! If I did not I would not have ALL[14] these lights of yours!

It is confusing because I was trying to think of a manufacturer defect that MAY arise after you mod the light being that you fix and improve things. Being that things like the LED,DRIVER are changed or upgraded by you the only thing that may be left are the switches and lenses?

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
I'm from FL, hunted in Namibia. There is a limited quota on leopard, and you can only shoot males. Because the landowners make money from hunters, they don't poison the leopards like is done to cheetahs.

I have 3 Vinh lights, waiting on TK61vn 3.5. Not sure which I'll take when I go back, but probably have to buy one specially built for that. ;)

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
I'm from FL, hunted in Namibia. There is a limited quota on leopard, and you can only shoot males. Because the landowners make money from hunters, they don't poison the leopards like is done to cheetahs.

I have 3 Vinh lights, waiting on TK61vn 3.5. Not sure which I'll take when I go back, but probably have to buy one specially built for that. ;)

I think all you would need is the TK61vn, TK75vn and the M25C2vn T-KIT to mount on your rifle! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/smile/happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392775-M25C2vnT-KIT-Best-Single-18650-Thrower

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
Exactly! More lights. I like the way you think, but you forgot that I'll need a Vinh headlamp too. ;)

Capolini

Banned
Does anyone have a lawyer friend that could go over this and suggest improvements?

I am NOT a lawyer[a few in my family] but a deep thinker with experience with many, many leases and contracts!

Vinh is VERY fair and I am sure he would honor this. With that said, I think it would be good to include this!

Basically a "GRACE PERIOD" FROM THE DOB until the customer gets his light. That could be 2 weeks plus for people in Europe/Australia/Asia ect.

The odds of it happening are slim. Eventually it certainly could.

EX: DOB- 6.4.2015. Luigi in Roma gets light on 6.18.2015. Unfortunately light malfunctions on 12.6.15

Should Luigi lose out on his warranty when he did NOT have it 6 months?

WHAT HAPPENS?!! :thinking:

I do not expect Vihn to keep track of when ALL his customers get their lights.That is not his job and he does not have the time.

That is the Customers responsibility

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to formally thank you for answering my questions on batteries and usage after the sale. Although not exactly a warranty question your answers have helped my lights work better.
Thank you.