Vape as smoking cessation

Wurkkos

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
I started out in the modern vape days with one called a Penguin. I wish I'd have just stuck with that as it got the job done, but no I had to go all into the weeds of trying devices and juices galore. Of course the Penguin is long gone in the market place so I will probably end up going to yet another device at some point since the ones I like are here today, gone tomorrow types.

For now I'll try out a couple and pick a day soon to just not smoke anymore instead of the dual user thing that always leads back to smoking full time. Last evening I vaped instead of smoking and could feel a positive difference this morning.

Glad to hear you stuck it out KA and kinda-neighbor AT.

What's your favorite vape Katherine?

Katherine Alicia

Glad to hear you stuck it out KA and kinda-neighbor AT.

What's your favorite vape Katherine?

Thanks, I don`t think I could have done it if not for that nearly 2 weeks cold turkey first, it kinda made me appreciate the little vape thing and proved to me that it actually worked and wasn`t all placebo effect.

I started off with a juice called Apple Jax, now I use Morello Cherry by Vape88 (I order 25 at a time), my actual vape mod is the Smok X Cube Mini in white with the leds set to pink :)

PartyPete

Approaching 2 years cigarette free!

Lots of different devices over the last few years, but using a Uwell Caliburn primarily just because it's so simple and convenient.

It does suck with the new regulations because it seems like a lot of the juice vendors out there can't afford to comply and are slowly disappearing. I'm a creature of habit, so I hate rolling the dice on new flavors because I'm so picky.

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
I was a member of a vape forum where smok products were seen like "navy seal lights" are here. But many members swore by them at the same time. I used mainly Vaporesso products partly because they'd send me new products to try and part because I just liked them.
I have used a juice by Black Note called VA Tobacco the most. It's a very mild flavor and very smooth. It's made from tobacco leaves and the near flavorless taste keeps the cigarette urges at bay. 6mg is my strength at this point. I also like grapes, strawberries and one called Shur Burst by Burst has an orange sherbert, vanilla ice cream and lemon-lime soda combo that tastes different depending on the device. I use that in a Target Mini 2 as a direct lung drag at 3mg. So smooth at 12.5 watts. The rest of my devices are mouth to lung devices that fire between 10 and 13 watts depending on the device.

So you use Kayfun "atomizers" on your ProVari Astro Turf. I was curious where you get parts. I always admired those old school rigs.

Johnnyh

I’ve settled into twin 18650 box mods. Right now I’m using an Innokin Zenith tank on a Geek Vape Aegis box which is not a super “cloud” producer which is why I like it. It’s specifically for “ mouth-to-lung” vaping...like smoking. I order unflavored juice because here in NY the geniuses in Albany banned flavored stuff. I have to buy the juice and the flavoring separately if I want flavor. Mostly I just go unflavored since it’s really for the nicotine fix anyways. Haven’t smoked cigarettes for a long time...[emoji72]

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
How do you deal with a seeping Zenith Johnny? I have a 22 mm tank and a pair 25(?) tanks on Innokin Kromas with the tapered tip on them. One of the big tanks seeps. Not bad but after a day it slurps a lot where the others don't.

My brother used an Aegis too. He stopped smoking through vaping then stopped vaping later. I have the single battery Aegis style box but since I rarely used it put it back in the box it came in. It has a Zenith too.

I like flavors but they tend to get muted after a while from that vape tongue thing as right now I vape a lot. Like 3 times for every drag I would take from a cigarette. So I use the tobacco the most since it may as well be flavorless. Then as a treat do a flavored vape or two.

It's easy to vape instead of smoking for me indoors since every where you go has banned smoking. Outdoors is another matter. Yesterday I vaped too much. I forgot that vaping after 8 pm causes me to lose sleep. At 9 pm I was puffing away and at 3am was wide awake. When I first started vaping I'd go two or three nights in a row with an hour sleep and not even feel tired. But then I discovered vaping after 7pm was the problem due to the chain vaping thing. But after a day and a half I feel better already.

AstroTurf

CPF Supporter
So you use Kayfun "atomizers" on your ProVari Astro Turf. I was curious where you get parts. I always admired those old school rigs.

Yes, But most are current models, V5, V3 Mini, Prime.

Parts are easily found and consist of an oring kit or tank glass at most.

Creme De Vape in the UK has the most current stuff, and is a highly recommend vendor.

Jim

PS Black Note “Solo” is one of my favorite ejuices.

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
The VA tobacco was called Prelude at one point.

I realized why the Vladin RE with "prelude" in it was curing the urges. 12mg is 2x strength of everything else I use. Those nicotine salts just made me want to smoke even more. It seems like 12 is a good strength (for now).

ProVari are German made? Were?

AstroTurf

CPF Supporter
USA made, driven out of business by the regs of the day.

6mg is my daily driver, unflavored by Nude Nicotine.

An 80 dollar gallon of unflavored will last me almost 2 years.

PS I wanted a cigarette everyday for the first 3 years.

ven

CPF Supporter
I’ve settled into twin 18650 box mods. Right now I’m using an Innokin Zenith tank on a Geek Vape Aegis box which is not a super “cloud” producer which is why I like it. It’s specifically for “ mouth-to-lung” vaping...like smoking. I order unflavored juice because here in NY the geniuses in Albany banned flavored stuff. I have to buy the juice and the flavoring separately if I want flavor. Mostly I just go unflavored since it’s really for the nicotine fix anyways. Haven’t smoked cigarettes for a long time...[emoji72]

I tend to always use dual 18650, still have 21700 and 26650 mods, kind of a happy middle ground. Not as long lasting as 2x18650, but a little slimmer in hand, but better than single 18650 mods. I tend to vape around 35w, so thats at least 2 x2cell swaps a day.

Some i can get my hand on, twin set up mods
rgCWXzMl.jpg

One been using a bit now, makes a change from me rebuildable tanks. The new mesh coils seem to last 2-3+ weeks, especially with the freemax. I have the freemax 1 tank and still use, also wanted to try the freemax 2 out, made more sense just to buy the mod to. Other than a little slippy compared to say the geekvape mods, its decent. Strangely there is 2 arrows for battery installation, does not matter which way you fit the 18650 batteries, upside down, pos up, 1 up 1 down.......

y0bwsSJl.jpg

Several colour options
hHdXcdol.jpg

Small display for todays standards, however once set i rarely look at.
kXvwkknl.jpg

The all important 6ml fish bowl
Vu18pgfl.jpg

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
That smart load feature is awesome.

It's strange how I do not want a flashlight with an internal battery but every vape device I use has one.

One day at a time is the phrase of the moment. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Johnnyh

How do you deal with a seeping Zenith Johnny? I have a 22 mm tank and a pair 25(?) tanks on Innokin Kromas with the tapered tip on them. One of the big tanks seeps. Not bad but after a day it slurps a lot where the others don't.

Haven had any problems with seeping with that Zenith...it’s been very good so far...had probably 9 months or so...
It’s probably near time to start shopping around though...but I have too many Zenith coils on hand to switch now.

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
Zenith was a very popular tank for good reason. Stepping away from vaping for a while I do not know if it has been replaced, upgraded or anything of the sort.

I used my Kroma kit (w/25 mm Zenith) a few days this week and got in the habit of drawing a little bit after letting off the fire button and I have had no seeping. I suppose it was unused steam building up in the chimney and seemingly acting like juice was getting past the coil pack.

But mostly use a Vladin RE with a mild tobacco flavored juice right now. It's so smooth that when the urge to smoke is too much the actual cigarette is harsh. So my mind is actually starting to prefer the smoother e-juice. It's a start. And this week I have half a carton left when normally I'd be on my last pack tonight. I restock on Sunday. I remember in 019 I was down to a carton a month at one point. That is the goal by thanksgiving with not smoking at all by Christmas.

ven

CPF Supporter
That smart load feature is awesome.

It's strange how I do not want a flashlight with an internal battery but every vape device I use has one.

One day at a time is the phrase of the moment. :thumbsup:

Haha, it would be cool maybe to have that feature of any way goes for flashlights maybe. I tend to not use built in batteries with vapes, simply because it would always end up plugged in. I can swap out batteries be it at work or home, once i plug in a mod, i have to vape plugged in, or use another(no big deal i guess). Also the built in are a little limited in mah, i can eat through 2x 18650 up to 3 times in a day!

AstroTurf

CPF Supporter
ConGrats!!!

Zenith was a very popular tank for good reason. Stepping away from vaping for a while I do not know if it has been replaced, upgraded or anything of the sort.

I used my Kroma kit (w/25 mm Zenith) a few days this week and got in the habit of drawing a little bit after letting off the fire button and I have had no seeping. I suppose it was unused steam building up in the chimney and seemingly acting like juice was getting past the coil pack.

But mostly use a Vladin RE with a mild tobacco flavored juice right now. It's so smooth that when the urge to smoke is too much the actual cigarette is harsh. So my mind is actually starting to prefer the smoother e-juice. It's a start. And this week I have half a carton left when normally I'd be on my last pack tonight. I restock on Sunday. I remember in 019 I was down to a carton a month at one point. That is the goal by thanksgiving with not smoking at all by Christmas.

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
Being a toodle puffer means a 30 ml bottle of juice lasts months instead of hours.

My brother used to go through juice like a helicopter goes the jet fuel until he started using pods. His favorite was a nice little thing by Vape Ants called E8 and one by JusFog called MiniFit. Now he kept 3 tanks and batteries with him but eventually he got used to difference. I think when he stopped vaping he was down to one a day at work instead of three.

I gave him a 25ml bottle of a favorite juice called Pandoras Box by Avail and he said it lasted him a day. Once he started using pods he set aside certain juices he made at home for the dual battery box mod and used store bought juices I gave him in the pods. He had a heart attack shortly before the pandemic broke out and stopped vaping at all. I asked if he felt any different. He said "yeah, tired and hungry".

ven

CPF Supporter
Sorry to hear . Hope he is doing ok?

I go through about 100ml every 5 or so days. It’s not me though.........it’s my tank!;) It’s a thirsty bu88er even though the freemax coils, I’m at 35w.

There defo the best bought coils I have used, hardly any leak at all(that’s a bottom air flow to), smooth and getting 3 weeks or more out of them. They are huge and not cheap for that matter, around £10 for 3. My rebuildables have took a back shelf for now at least. Still need to try a pod out, sure would save some juice!

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
He was fine after a few days of thinking he could die any second. He chose to relax and let life do what life does instead of trying to control everything. One day he turned off his vape and puffed on that for a while until a day he just stopped. He carries one with him still but does not use it anymore.

It took him a few tries to leave cigarettes. I think he started vaping around 2010 doing the dual use thing until about 2018. He used to fill a room with vape in about 30 minutes. My house would smell like his cocoa puffs vape for days when he used a dual battery mod. He would draw for like 5-8 seconds. I used to whince watching him. One day I was riding with him to a vape shop and couldn't see out the front window. I was like "dude, roll down your window" to which he replied "it is" lol. I was waiting for a fire truck to come put us out at red lights. It was hard to imagine him switching to pods but once he found one fit for direct lung he made the switch.

I'm down to less than a pack a day again. My wife's brand used to smell so wonderful after a meal. Not anymore. It's not one of those "ew that smells awful" things. Instead it's a "I would rather vape than cough" things.

Poppy

CPF Supporter
How I quit:
I was smoking about a pack a day, usually filtered Marlboro's.
After a cup of coffee, and a dish of rice pudding, at a diner, I lit up a smoke. My best friend asked me... "Why did you ever start?" With a shrug of my shoulders, "IDK, I guess just to be cool."

He asked: "Why don't you stop?"
I thought for a second and said: "OK" and with that I put the remainder of a half pack into the pocket of the Viet Nam era Army surplus Field Jacket.

ACtC-3eul88GAAFnOGRqm8zL_wOPP6rHUZhDnVBzueUVj1Xf4t-tFgj_1uUuRjkGqKVpVTxJwJx_-62d5a3d6fO1CaJzDN-lIC9ia73rpPET0QDt4D3_NRkgzXSQzfqq6_mlGFo9km21RLJV0w03yFXgOkUi=s732-no

A year later they were still in there.
When someone would ask to bum a smoke, I'd offer them one, with the warning that they are pretty old. But when you want a smoke... you want a smoke.

About a year later, I went to Florida during "Spring Break" and I figured: "what the heck, I'm on vacation" and within a week I was back up to a pack a day.

One summer I got a job driving a beer truck. About 30-40 stops a day. I'd jump into the truck, and light up. I was never one to let the smoke hang in my mouth while using two hands to do anything. I couldn't stand getting the smoke in my eyes. So, at each stop, I'd put the smoke out, and then light up when I jumped back into the truck. At some point I realized, that it actually HURT to take a deep drag. SO I quit.

At some point, I went to Florida on vacation, and figured... what the heck I am on vacation, and within a week, I was back to a pack a day!

Two or three years later, I decided to quit. That was January 1980.

Each of the three times I quit, I found that the first three days were the hardest. At least 20 times a day, I would typically reach for a smoke, and have to remind myself... "no, I quit. I don't smoke anymore."

The next three weeks, I didn't have to remind myself quite as often, but still quite a lot. You know... there are certain habitual times that you would light up: after coffee, or getting into the car, after a meal, particularly challenging was when having a beer, and pizza, etc.

After three months, it was easy. To go back after that, it was pure stupidity. I had proven that I was stupid, at least twice.

It took about three years before I could go to a bar, and not have to fight the urge to have a smoke.

My dad smoked Chesterfields. When he would get a cold, he would quit for a couple of days so he could get better quicker. That may have been before the surgeon generals warnings. At any rate, one day he reasoned, that if he quit to get better quicker, if he stayed quit, he would stay better. So he did.

SO I had an advantage over others. "If my dad could quit... so could I!"

Good luck to those of you who want to quit. It is doable, you just need to be determined to do so.

Last edited:

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
When I was a teen one winter afternoon my buddy "Scandal" and I walked a lap around the high school to puff a J while waiting on his parents (who were both teachers there) to give us a ride home. We were both out of cigarettes or so I thought but my sherpa lined Levis denim jacket had a pack of Kool's left from the previous year. That was the worst cigarette but at the same point best I'd ever had. It was so nasty, but it was completely unexpected so it was also a winner.

When I arrived home I gave them to Scandal who gladly took them. Scandal was raised in a home like the Brady Bunch. 3 boys, 3 girls but……instead of being like Peter he was like that kid Sid in the movie Toy Story.

Anyway today I began 85mm instead of the usual 100mm smokes, which used to mean 40-50 a day in the first week or so. Today was 15. But I puffed and puffed (and puffed some more) on a juice sipping pod instead of smoking.