Vape as smoking cessation

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah, for some reason they changed the "Virginia tobacco" flavor that comes from Italian seeds that were from once tobacco grown in VA to Virginia Tobacco instead of Prelude. I do not know if it was a rule change, a copyright thing or just simply marketing. I got an email a while ago mentioning some products being eliminated and some products being renamed.

B5-F8-DE88-BF0-C-42-B5-84-DC-DC2-C6-C3-D3-F31.jpg

Left is Prelude. Right is same flavor, different name.

70-FE0-A91-BB0-C-4-D80-82-D8-EDCD739-A8-A1-E.jpg

The carton(s)

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The new packaging.

C29-B59-CF-A096-43-B0-831-C-B3-CCF98-E6-DE6.jpg

30 ML was $23. Doubled now for $10 more and no more eyedropper.
Oh and each order includes a 60ML bottle of hand sanitizer.
Black Note is pricey so if you vape a a litre or more a month it aint practical. But us toodle puffers literally save hundreds of dollars per bottle versus smoking.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Glad I carry a spare.
Last evening I charged up my backup device and while at it decided to refill it. On the way to work I noticed a very pleasant aroma wofting from my shirt pocket area. Hmm, smells like that sweet and sour grape vape juice I use. While commuting down a busy interstate I use the one with tobacco instead of smoking and the tastey grape after arriving at my job. I pulled it out to take a drag and it acted clogged. Hmm, check it over and see the tank is empty. I just refilled it last night so how can that be?

76-A16-E01-199-E-4487-BAD8-55275437-D58-A.jpg

That little cap on the left is important.
I had left the cap off and it all drained into the device and literally drained through the charge port into my shirt pocket. I spent the rest of the day wicking the juice from the device using paper towel plugs and by sundown had it working again. I really thought it was ruined. My third device ended up being the backup today.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After reducing to about 1/2 my former smoking habit I figured it's time to reduce vaping too. A few cigarettes a day, and occasional puffs from a vaper tool.

Next step, cut back what smoking does still occur in half while not increasing vaping.

scout24

Flashaholic
I quit smoking eight years ago this month. I don't preach, I know folks who still smoke, including my Wife. I quit when my mother passed away from lung cancer that had spread to her brain. She fought the good fight for 10 months, the last month wasn't pretty. My brother-in-law passed away this past Monday at age 50. Metastatic stage 4 lung cancer. He was diagnosed Sept. 2019, and fought like hell. In November, after surgery to place a rod in his leg after cutting out a huge tumor from his femur, he was bed ridden. We drove him to the hospital the thursday before he passed, he refused to go by ambulance. They sent him home on hospice 30 hours later, he lasted 2 days at home. He leaves an 18 year old daughter and a 47 year old widow. Please, please find the strength to quit. All of it. If I can, you can. I promise I won't post here again... I care about you folks, here in my extended CPF family. Over and out...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wise words Scout. Sorry about your mom and brother.

I got a call from my nephew after I made the previous post. He was all frantic about his dad (my oldest brother) who discovered shortly after Christmas he's ate up with lung cancer that has spread. It seems he's going downhill faster than an Olympic snow skier.
Now in my family he will be the first with lung cancer even though our family crest has a pair of cigarettes crossed instead of swords. But he has the other ailments every elder family member has from smoking. Clogged arteries, heart disease, diabetes and copd/emphesema. His heart doctor gave him five years to live about 20 years ago if he did not change his ways.

Anyway, I hear what you're saying loud and clear.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nearly a year later: my brother had passed away a couple of days after that last post.

I still smoke some, but way way less anymore. I just don't want them that much anymore. I even detest the smell of a cigarette at times.
Sometimes I take a puff or two from a vape device instead of smoking.

Because I don't vape much either my stockpile is holding out, which has paid off since CBD devices have largely shoved my favorite devices off the shelves. Either that or attrition as they are replaced by newer, sexier so-called upgrades.
I take part of that back. It seems the Renova Zero is still being sold and now has an optional 3ml tank and optional 1ohm tank pod.

Gotta say my first thought on seeing this title was:

"Oxycodone as opium cessation." o_O

Hope it works for someone. Seems vape is filled with all kinds of nasty things for your lungs.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
To start with, I like cigarettes. I like coffee, and I like chocolate. In moderation none of those is a big deal but....

Like anything too much of a good this is.... too much.
Comparing smoking to eating chocolate is like comparing a lethal traffic accident to a bumping into stranger on the sidewalk.
Lets not sugarcoat this, there is no such thing as smoking in moderation.
cope.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
O Lord, I see the scoffers have arrived. Yall get your info from CNN or the NEA? There was a breif time where the earliest of the vape juice had some nasty stuff but those are long gone. And when you see those dummies filling up a room with steam, https://i.postimg.cc/W3PqLZqm/IMG-20181028-130411.jpg
that is not the norm for most smokers who chose to switch to a vape device.

Are they harmless? None of us argue they are. But they contain no carbon monoxide or a whole bunch of other nasty's that burning tobacco comes with.

I had a lady at the ER say "you know vaping is worse than smoking right because it contains all kinds of"……I stopped her there and showed her my renova zero and said "this tank that holds the juice is made of the same plastic as the needle you just stuck in my arm, the sauce inside is made of polyglycol mixed with a tiny bit of nicotine, vegetable glycol and food flavoring and it produces a tiny whisp of vapor via a heated chunk of porus ceramic" then took a drag and when I exhaled and nothing came out her coworker says "you can't do that in here, is that thing even on?"

My mom smoked in moderation and when she passed away they listed her as a non smoker saying there was no evidence that she had ever smoked.

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My great grandmother lived to be over 90 while being a strong & daily smoker to the end. My grandfather was just diagnosed with lung cancer last week despite having stopped almost 3 decades ago. Some people get lucky, I wouldn't count on it. I know nothing of vaping my comment was regarding tobacco.

jimjonas9384

Newly Enlightened
Nearly a year later: my brother had passed away a couple of days after that last post.

I still smoke some, but way way less anymore. I just don't want them that much anymore. I even detest the smell of a cigarette at times.
Sometimes I take a puff or two from a vape device instead of smoking.

Because I don't vape much either my stockpile is holding out, which has paid off since CBD devices have largely shoved my favorite devices off the shelves. Either that or attrition as they are replaced by newer, sexier so-called upgrades.
I take part of that back. It seems the Renova Zero is still being sold and now has an optional 3ml tank and optional 1ohm tank pod.
Very Sorry for your Loss.

chip100t

Enlightened
I started smoking at 11 and gave up at 36, I am now 48. My dad has lost three brothers to cancer and survived cancer himself.

I gave up when I did because I figured one day I might find myself in a doctors office being told I have cancer, and then it will be too late to take it back.

I smoked for 25 years, much of that time on 40 a day so that and given my family history it still may do for me.

My current battle is with poor diet and constantly being hungry. I used to be a very lean 13 stone and as fit as a butchers dog.
But one of the side effects of my current medication is weight gain due to apparently making you constantly hungry, even after a big meal. Since starting this medication I have put on 7 stone. Which I am now going to do my damnedest to shift as I am of an age that if I don't do it now and I continue at this weight in to old age it could seriously impact both my health and mobility.

chip100t

Enlightened
how to quit smoking permanently ?
This may sound obvious. But you must really really want to stop for yourself. Not I don't really want to stop but my other half or anyone else says I should. Half hearted attempts are doomed to fail. When I stopped I was resolute that come hell or high water I would never smoke another cigarette again.

First week was hard beating the addiction, then after that it was breaking the habit.
For months after, the moment I finished a meal and put my knife and fork down on my empty plate I would think "cigarette" and then almost as quickly I would remember I don't smoke anymore.