Vape Lounge

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
You will get on with the crown RBA Sean . Lot more forgiving I find compared to the tfv4(yet again my build last night leaked for England!!, the second I think I have got it. Basically need lots of wick left on the ends, tuck back under coil and feed in with small screwdriver before fitting cap fully,then place with small screwdriver though top. No leaks !!!!) . The draw is a little tighter and kind of similar flavour to the mini RBA (which is great). Have bubble gum in the crown and vanilla custard in the tfv4. Great flavour of Capella .

Just ordered 2L of VG as I am doing 80% with the pg flavour being the other 20%

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know I've been trying to get a good wick on the Subtank Mini RBA and I'm just not getting good liquid flow. I may get one or two good pulls but then it suddenly get's dry and I'll either get a wicked burnt hit or just a touch of burning if I back off quick enough.

I like to chain vape and the RBAs not really keeping up even the way the OCC coils will at higher temps.

What's your secret?

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I dont know as i find the opposite Sean , if you can show me a few pics(going to post some after this as an example, but wicks extra long). But if you can get some of the wick length etc i might be able to tell. Too much and it can cause dry hits, ideally you want to trim to the edge of the base. So maybe 5mm or so left before fitting cap.

Holly mother of..............outstanding and absolutely ridiculous. I think IE is going to be blown away by these clouds of awesome flavour. There is always a 1st............for choking as i could not stop giggling like a girl! :laughing:

Made the clone up
Mutation X v4 with 2 tiger coils

Glowing(i used 65w when in use, just left low to test)

Idea of wick length

Yes that long, then tucked under into wells

And again

Serious stuff hear and defo one for IE and cloud chasing.............unbelievable

Fitted the extension part to aid air flow and keep cooler

Air holes fully open

Really is amazing !!!!!

InfinitusEquitas

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been kind of swamped with home and work projects lately, and truth be told just haven't come across any "must buy" things. I have 5 mods (one thanks to Sean), 6 or 7 tanks... and don't really need anymore.

Once things settle down a bit, the thing that's most on my to do list, is to start mixing my own fluid. Aside from that I'm STILL waiting on gearbest to deliver the black TFV4, the mini, and 40 coils! Though I suspect my original order of 3 packs of coils is never going to actually make it to me.

So uhm, dummy question I suppose... do you need to drip fluid on the cotton before every couple of vapes with that setup Ven?

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I soaked the wicks and dropped juice in the wells, really is easy to build compared to small RBA's. Then soaked wicks fully,and vaped a few times. Few more drops and repeat. The hit(supposed to not use nic) is intense,the vapor is like nothing i have experienced before..........Defo for fun and if you like clouds its a must(pretty cheap to buy.
These are what i would consider
tugboat
mutation X
Hellboy
VS vortice

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Well decided on an RTA, kind of a happy medium rather than using a dripper(RDA). Dripper is awesome for clouds and flavour, but not for constant use as.......well having to drip :laughing: So the goblin mini through a little research seems the tank of choice. Only 3ml but still more convenient than dripping, down side other than that is filling from the base..........can live with that. Pretty good value and will report back after some use!

And from a recommendation, sent a message about the custom big tips drip tip:) Like the idea of how it secures under the top.........and the designs.

KuanR

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Youde Bellus on order right now. I am loving the idea of an RDTA, I might be able to get the same flavor from them while using lower wattage compared to the TFv4.

I'll report back on what I find when I get it :)

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
:cool:Ryan thanks:) just had a google and looks very cool.................will see how your impressions are;)

Took the mutation X in work the other day and had a group of giggling girls, its that ridiculous :laughing: I would say it produces at least twice the cloud of the tfv4 at its best. A must for a cheap cloud chaser and of course dont mind dripping(best used at home really).

I nipped into my local new vape shop for the 1st time and quite impressed:) Quite a good selection from vtc mini's to smok tfv4's, quite a few RDA's and lots of juice flavours. Some 50/50,others 80% which i now use..............closest to using 100%VG i can get(flavour is PG and using 20% makes the max VG 80% if makes sense. Anyway i tried an american flavour(lots of different brands that are USA made=awesome) . Although its not my first choice having menthol, i will admit it was very nice(cant remember the name of it as useless with names:shakehead). Only problem i have is that it is £8 for 30ml.........baring in mind i can make 100ml for that! Maybe for special occasions :laughing: .
Ordered 2L of VG and 1L of PG, the latter to make some pre-mixed diluent up for work friends .

Trying a new bubble gum soon which smells similar to the capella one and have that coming as well. More vanilla custard as i wasted 200ml mix:crazy:.........yep i though i had washed the previous berry flavour out well................nope so 200ml thrown out.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven - that Goblin looks awesome. I've been looking at that for about a month or so now and I've been tempted.

But- I have a problem at the moment - I have more tanks than flavors I enjoy right now..... LOL!! I've actually been doubling up some of my favorite flavors in two or three tanks depending on how big a cloud I want with it.

I haven't been able to use the TFV4 for a while now because I couldn't fire the quad coil until I got the VT200 yesterday. I was struggling trying to figure out what flavor to put in it and I found an old 120ml bottle of Moon Mountain Summer Solstice (minty melon and berry - YUMM!) I hadn't had for a while. They are probably one of the least expensive brands out there - you can get 100ml bottles of their liquid for $40. Man that stuff comes alive when you put it in the big tank!

The VT200 has been awesome. All the problems with the IPV D2 gone away and the Subtanks and others are just smooooooooooth vaping right now. A good mod really makes a difference - hard to believe as it's just a battery heating a coil but it's totally true. The DNA chips, while so many knock their cost, are just a smoother and better vape than the other options available.

I have a flavor I picked up on a whim from Capella while ordering some others: Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble. I think it's about time to mix it up and see what it's like in one of the big tanks. :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW - I am also quite tempted by the Russian 3.0 I see out now. Doesn't look like it's by Kebo but still a solid looking design and a big 5.5ml tank. Dual coil, adjustable fluid and air.

Maybe I'll be tempted for Black Friday sales but I think I have more than enough vape gear at the moment. Damn! I feel like I've gone from a flashaholic to a vapaholic.

On another note - ven - I built up the Crown RBA and had nothing but problems:
- It won't even detect on most of my mods.
- Again I am just burning up cotton after a few vapes.
I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong. I have wicking the Russians down with no problem but when it comes to these RBA tanks for the Mini, TFV4, Crown I am just getting really poor juice flow. Even hitting these in the 15-18w range I get a few hits and then burning. I can't chain them at all.

One other thing I was reading about:
I was having a problem with the Mini 0.5 Ohm OCC vertical coils only lasting a day or so on the subtank. After 10-15ml of fluid I would start to getting a flavor profile change and some burning in the flavor. Went through a lot of coils like this - especially on the NEBOX when plowing through 10ml per tank refill.
I found a reddit thread on the issue and people were talking a bout a fix where you basically soak the cotton and then poke a seweing needle through the wick hole on one side and out the wick hole on the other side. Wiggle it around a bit and then remove. I've given it a try and will report back if this simple fix makes life better in terms of coil life.

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Sorry to hear, not having much luck with these RBA's:( I just made up another RBA for the crown for some new juice. Bought some more cotton too whilst at the new cloud chaser shop near me........(oh dear,will have to be very careful!!!) . With the coil and no wickj, have you fired it a few times to make sure it heats from the centre out?. I find it a very responsive coil and pretty much instantaneous . Around 4mm strip in width, thread through and trim to a little past the base, can soak now or later,then position wick ends up or fit under cap(if up then fit cap and then push into place ). Another few drops of juice,fit tank,couple of draws without power and should be good to go. Too much wick could also be an issue,maybe a thinner strip still at 3mm and try that.
The crown will not work on the mini sub units due to it being 0.25 ish ohm,the dna40 will pick it up or any device down to 0.1ohm(most new ones seem to go that low now)
Check gap under coil, ideally around 1mm to 1.5mm

Maybe the % of VG is not high enough, i am using 70 or 80%(most i can get due to flavour being PG)...........Just a thought
Also are the air vents fully open and a strong draw to the lings to aid the vape.

Reg the needle ,yes it just allows juice to flow better and no doubt be corrected in future coils. Would use a small needle at 1st and do a single hole to try out because if too far it will just flood and no going back. Least you can work it around a bit if it does not make any difference at first.:)
Just tried out one of the 2 new flavours.........not cheap either at £9($15 ish) for 30ml:faint: and filled my spare crown and RBA tank

Very nice and......well for special occasions with that price :laughing:
Probably by a couple or so bottles every month or so to try some more flavours. Some really nice ones, next one will be a sweet one thats like a tutti frutti type with immense flavour..........really like that one too and all dripper bottles. Had a good long vape chat with the owner who is recently got into dripping. His reasons are simple, easy and quick to change flavours over emptying tanks out. Of course a huge intense hit of flavour and huge clouds........... He is going to knock me some coils up , learned something with the gauge as i use 24g or 26g. When you use 32g for example it heats up a lot quicker so get instant hit/vape/clouds. Also pre-twisted kanthal which holds the juice better=better flavour. So i have a good way to go on this journey yet:D

I had a go on his dripper, £20 clone which is for sale with 0.5ohm coil at 71w...................simply astonishing. Instant warm vape with the most flavour hit i have had. No nic in it at all...........awesome vape!

So out and about tanks (RTA)and maybe drippers for in house use so have a few set ups dedicated for a specific vape experience :D

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven - you are really getting into the dripping huh?

I'll be trying out the RBA setups again when I get a chance. For now I'm going to use up all the coils I purchased.

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I don't know if I will full time Sean, due to what I find a bit of an inconvenience . Going to see how this goblin mini is when it arrives . Only 3ml capacity and to top up requires filling from the base (kind of a backwards step from
top fills). Still if easy to build and a great vape I don't mind the little negs.

Certainly more intense flavour and clouds from drippers, maybe something I will do a couple of times throughout the week. Quite messy too RDA,s with bottom air holes that is ! If any fluid gets on the coils, it ends up dripping into air holes directly bellow and out the sides.

What at I did notice , just dropping vanilla custard on the wicks after a previous flavour gave almost an instant flavour change. Couple of vapes/drips later and the full flavour .

Just a little variety I guess :thumbsup:

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Big thanks Sean:bow:, using the sigelei right now and will be my work mod:thumbsup: Came today so fed it some vtc5's and using the crown with creamy vanilla custard :D

KuanR

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought it's time I report back on the temperatur coils on the TFv4.

I got the coils a few days ago and have been using them since. I have the TFv4 on my HCigar VT200 set at 580F and so far I'm liking it. It's very smooth and not too hot. The flavor and vapor is great. I'm new to TC and even set near max, you can feel the mod pulling back the power once the temperature is reached. It doesn't bother me because it happens near the end of my inhale.

The only downside is, if you thought the triple coils guzzles juice, the TC coils are worse! I'm going through around 15ML a day whereas with the quad coils I was using less than 10ML a day. This is with me not even vaping all the time, just grabbing a few hits here and there.

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Wow that's some thirst!!!! I have not recovered yet after using a pre made shop liquid 80%VG in 30ml size over a couple of days.....Making your own juice is a must. It would cost me around £150 a month on bought fluid! as the bottles are £8.50 each.

Still not tried TC yet, will have to give it a go at some point.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a lot of fluid. Admittedly I've been going through quite a lot of fluids with the sub-ohm tanks. Glad to be mixing up my own for the most part.

A quick report on the pin hole in the Subtank OCC coils. I'm on my fourth 10mL tank with fluid and still no burning. I can tell the coil is getting used up as the fluid that is condensing up around the drip tip is starting to darken a bit. Seems like a good solution.

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Got the goblin mini yesterday

Seems nicely made and like the look of the air control underneath. Only problem is the coil size.... Made up a dual set up and my coils I have are too big! The screw down surround part will not fit over . So have some micro 0.5ohm ones on the way . Really looking forward to trying it out and it will be paired with the sigelei .

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Well the goblin mini is finally being used thanks to the ridiculous sized base.........what were UD thinking!!!! 2mm coils so they dont foul on the silly little surround , so fiddly at best. Bottom fill is via a very small screw that can(will) get dropped and probably lost(why???). From now on top fill tanks are the way forward and so easy....

Any way pics or not true

For the guys with the mini RBA, just imagine having a dual set up in it :laughing: you wont be far off the mark and can see its not the easiest base to work on!
Wicked with 2mm strips,not actually as bad as I anticipated..........

Mini! oh yes

3ml capacity

At its new home

The base has a pendulum type adjustment for air flow which works well, like the idea/design. Vape wise(the important bit) is good, the coils are 28g and 5 wraps=0.6ohm for the dual readout,when wicked and on the device 0.43ohm=nice vape. The plastic mouth piece takes a little getting used to being small(well small compared to the wide bores) but soon feels fine.

So my 1st proper RBA (not RTA Rebuild-able Tank Atomizer like the tfv4 and crown for examples which you can use ready made coils and rebuild-able).

Juice is 80% VG as all of mine now as i prefer the clouds/smooth vape. Getting a pretty much instant warm vape due to the thinner gauge wire.

It will probably grow on me over time,not bad by any means but would find it hard to recommend being restricted with the coils size.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the Goblin review. Looks like it's a lot of work and a bit limited.

I've got a TFV4 mini on the way as well that I picked up as part of a Black Friday sale deal along with a bunch of replacement coil heads for some of the tanks. I think my wife would look at me funny if I put them under the Christmas tree as stocking stuffers, so I don't think I'll say anything about that. :)