Vape Lounge

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one thing I am concerned about after feeling like I got burnt on the IPV D2 purchases if is these mods have step down in addition to boost.
The thing that makes me suspect is when I see a rating for just power (ie: 7-200W) and not a rating for voltage too (ie: 1.0 - 7 volts). That's were I was duped on the D2 and didn't find out until later that it had no step down and couldn't fire at less than the battery voltage.

Not saying the Kanger equipment would do this, but I would want to make sure before I bought it.

BTW - I just watched a video the other of Twisted420 ripping the Provari Radius to pieces. The thing that really irritated me is that he said the D2 was better without address any of the D2 flaws. I find Twisted420 entertaining, but I think he smokes a little bit too much of his 420 sometimes.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
:laughing: like it!

Well not watched any vids on the provari simply because its out right away. Nice looking mod though and if anything to go by, probably a hefty weight and very solid feel.

Its out due to 40w..........although i dont use much over that, its just restrictive for future tanks/coils imho. Plus the prices are usually £179+ here in the UK so $250+ which for that kind of investment it has to be perfect!

The radius would have been great 2yrs ago...........Today,min of 75w for single cell,min of 150w for dual cell and triple 200w or more. Imo anything over 40w really needs 2 cells for vape time,just eats mah for fun ~30mins on a single cell. Its ok for short uses or if you dont mind having several cells with you(not always convenient for me).

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick update on the Subtank vertical OCC coil pinhole trick. I got about 50mL on one coil before it started losing a bit of flavor and the residue e-liquid under the tip was darkening. Seems like a success to me.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Thats not bad i guess, but 50ml can be a few days for me :laughing: I probably vape 100ml a week,may be a tad less. I do know the 30ml of kick the bucket was gone in 2 days easy.............so so nice though :laughing:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: like it!

Well not watched any vids on the provari simply because its out right away. Nice looking mod though and if anything to go by, probably a hefty weight and very solid feel.

Its out due to 40w..........although i dont use much over that, its just restrictive for future tanks/coils imho. Plus the prices are usually £179+ here in the UK so $250+ which for that kind of investment it has to be perfect!

The radius would have been great 2yrs ago...........Today,min of 75w for single cell,min of 150w for dual cell and triple 200w or more. Imo anything over 40w really needs 2 cells for vape time,just eats mah for fun ~30mins on a single cell. Its ok for short uses or if you dont mind having several cells with you(not always convenient for me).

I think that was one of Twisted's main points as well - this thing is at least one year behind the times. If it had been out at the beginning of the year it would've been a great thing - now? Not so much. Although I bet it feels really good in the hand. I recall the button on the Provari I had for a bit was heavenly feeling - hi quality with no play in it.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Yes, i had one too but ended up selling it.........guess how much on ebay ?

£110 so $160 ish at time.........Thats how expensive they are in the UK

Solid and nice feel, limited to 0.9ohm and above and iirc 15w ish of power. After reading so much i just wanted an American made mod, i was not disappointed........Just i kind of out grew it and prefer box mods now. Ironically when box mods started to come out, i really did not want one....i mean who would want a square thing in their hand when one could have a nice tube! :whistle:

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Nuts it is, i think part of the attraction for some is the cost! Is a high quality dependable mod,just lacking in too many requirements now......Plus i find pen style not as comfy to vape.

Box mods for ever!!! Need to get 3 special cells next for the wismec,that i cant wait for with 3 cells............vape time must substantial and although chunky, it does look comfy . Mini thought/review once in :)

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Just opened a ticket and contacted Kathy on refunding the cube mini and wismec, woke up today and thought WTF am i messing about here for. Stupid wait times on the mini which has been in stock in the UK for weeks ,yet not even showing stock yet. Then time to ship and receive..........had it. Rather pay more and have today as now the cube mini is kind of getting dated. The vape world moves that quick, whats good this month is old hat next..........

Nope not got out on wrong side of bed, call it a wake up call :laughing:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven - I'm surprised you haven't ordered the Realoux DNA200 3x18650 mod. I know it's expensive but I think would really be a mod to last you for a while. I am absolutely loving my VT200. The DNA200 chip is rock solid and every vape is a joy mo matter what the tank.

I may have become a DNA chipset fanboy but everytime I come back to a mod with these chip I feel like I am getting a better vape, better flavor, etc.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I may do yet Sean, will wait for refunds and decide then, will be UK sourced though as per usual. Only last few i have imported and have been fine until my last 2 orders. The cube was on the understanding that the pre-sale was over (order 22nd Oct)on the 15th Nov........payment was taken on the 13th Nov, so one would presume it was then in stock and to be shipped ~5 days. Well its been weeks, the pre-sale went back on with an increased date to the 30th Nov. Now still nothing shipped, it was only Kathy who told me it would be 30thNov + as no other contact.
To say i am annoyed about the whole farce is an understatement. Enough to throw my toys out of the pram and cancel other orders now! One thing i struggle suffering is incompetence ...............seems to be in abundance in some online shops/stores!

Still would like a cube mini for size/design so may nip local and pick on up, £55 though ! Could have had one weeks back........

Probably hold back now(will try to anyway) and have a look about, would like a 3 cell mod, would like the dna200 chip too, so the realoux does suit well:) Prices UK are not cheap, maybe £140+ right now so $200.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I didn't realize the wismec was the Reuleaux device. But you had originally bought the cheaper chipset one, right? Not the DNA200 version.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Yes correct Sean, tbh although the rdn200 is awesome and customisable etc , i can live without it for a good saving. The chip set for the cheaper wismec is by joytech iirc and they are not too shabby! In fact i will go as far as saying the mini vt60's are superb and very simple/user friendly for updates that work.

Here in the uk, cheaper version is around £70-£80 and dna200 £140+

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thing to not put in your TFV4 with a quad coil......

VaporShark Candy Cane Menthol.

WOW - the flavor is amazing but with the mint and menthol I think I got frostbite!

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
:laughing: bit too cool then!

Latest tank came the other day, quite like it and a lot better than the goblin mini! UD Zephyrus(V2 version coming out soon) , coil that comes with it is like a dual RBA build, 0.3ohm and excellent. Still on it right now, made some 2.5mm coils up for the RBA base that comes supplied for next coil change.

Ready made 0.3ohm dual coil(excellent)

Kind of like a rifled barrel, helps the clouds!!.............apparently

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I recently got back from vacation in Cancun Mexico. Went with three vapes, one iStick 100W, two Smoke Cube II's, and three TFV4 tanks, as well as 10 coils. Also ~10 bottles of fluid, most of them sealed. Two mods in checked luggage, and 7 bottles of sealed liquid also checked. One mod, spare coils, and 3 open bottles of juice, in carry on.

Had zero issues with customs on the US side, except they yelled at me for not putting my two laptops in separate plastic bins.

On the way into mexico also had zero issues, although I expect in part that was luck. They have a random system where you press a button, if it turns red you go through customs where they x-ray and may look at your stuff more. I got green.

On the way leaving I did get flagged, and my carry on, with all three mods now, and basically all my electronics gear, lights, etc,. got stopped. After a quick look and a laugh - literally, that I had three of them, and that they were so big - I was on my way.

On the resort itself, and going out in the clubs, it was not an issue at all. Given that the clubs are somewhat uptight about security, I half expected to have to check the mod, but to my surprise they had no issue with it whatsoever. Also seemed to not care in the least about it being used outside of the smoking areas. Although to be fair, past midnight or so, they really stopped caring about where anyone was smoking.

Got lots of curious questions, and very little negative feedback. Only truly negative feedback was from two people, one an older woman in her 60's who is a bar owner, and "just don't like it". Despite having a bar with a smoking area, this apparently to her was no good. Then again, she was also a trump supporter, and went a little red when I told her I'm a democratically leaning independent in favor of sanders, and from the new york area :p

The other "bad" experience was when I was in a large hot tub - meant for ~12-16 people - was there first, was vaping. Air currents were pretty consistent. This guy and his wife both sit down literally in the stream of vapor... mind you they didn't have to cross it, or sit there. Figured they were smokers and didn't care. I shifted a bit just to be courteous anyway. Few minutes later the wife starts LOUDLY coughing and husband complaining. I mean if anyone asks me to stop, I always, always, stop, and do make an effort to not have clouds drift into people, but some people, I feel like they really get joy in life from complaining.

So overall... Cancun Mexico seems to be vape friendly.

Personally I'm taking a bit of a break though, as I manage to pick up a bug, cold, flu, not sure, but while I have the sniffles, I figure it can't hurt to lay off the vapor.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting travel info. I don't fly frequently enough to have had to deal with this but good to know it won't be that big a deal.

On another note I haven't used my Russians that much since hopping on the sub-ohm wagon. There's a few flavors that I prefer in the Russian because they are so intense, but for the majority the big vapes are really doing it for me big time. :D

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Sounds a good break and would like to get there one day. Glad no issues with your gear, nothing worse if it got confiscated on the way in! Probably picked something up on the plane as its a breading ground for germs . Hopefully out of the way for the holidays .

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I met a very nice girl from your neck of the woods there, and couple other people from the UK. In truth, while it's very nice, I would not suggest it for you as a must go destination. Hit asia first, shorter flight (for you), quite a bit easier on on the wallet too. Definitely don't even think of going during mid march to mid april (spring break).

Haven't had a vape for a week now :( But ordered the Reuleaux this morning... $45 and coming from a shop in the US, so figured why not. Now just need a set of matched batteries to go with it.