Vape Lounge

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears it would have a larger heated surface area coming in contact with the wick. I like the idea behind it, I guess time (and Ven) will tell how it works out.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

I reckon Sean will be the 1st:nana: have seen a tank on amazon for £32 , so not too bad!! Not getting one yet though as i reckon if it takes off, all the other brands will follow.............and this being the 1st will be soon updated for better still.

Never know, may change my mind :eek:................seem good at that:p

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a while I posted in here because there hasn't been anything new, but this ceramic tank has my interest!

I talked to my vape shop and they are seeing if they can help me get that Atlus tank. If they can I'm going for it and I'll report back.

In the mean time I have been enjoying the Youde Bellus and put my TFV4 on the shelf after running out of coils

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the KangerTech SubTank Clapton coils in today. Nice quick shipping - gotta love it! They are 0.5 Ohm. Normally I vape the standard vertical 0.5 ohm coils at around 28 Watts. That was definitely not enough power to push the Clapton. 40 Watts and they are cranking some really nice vapor.

Took about half a tank for the flavor to fully settle in but man they are a huge improvement over what is a really good coil in the standard vertical 0.5 ohm coils. The flavor is just really nice and the clouds are full, heavy and just a little bit warm.

Definitely worth the purchase! I scooped them on a whim when I got an email sale for 5 for $10.

ven

Flashaholic
Excellent !!! , had some Clapton wire (not coils though)in and it's been just sat around. Will give them
a try on the next build.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
All right guys. Need some advice here. I want another high power mod. The VT200 is great but with the amount I am chugging through at 75Watts it's draining batteries pretty quickly. I'm thinking of getting another one as the DNA200 chipset is giving amazing smooth vapes for me.

The single 18650 cells just aren't cutting it for me at this vape level. Anything over 50-60W and they just are not accurate and the batteries can't handle the load very well.

Here are some of the mods I've been looking at to fill this need:
- HCigar VT200 (Can get for about $115)
- KangerTech KBOX 120W (about $50)
- Reuleaux DNA200 (can get for $150 with 3 LG 2500mAh HE4 18650s)

Any thoughts?

ven

Flashaholic
I think the kanger is hard to beat for the money, there is a 200w version for only a few $'s more than the 120w. iirc same firmware as the reuleaux(none dna)200w. The 200w Reuleaux is quite a bit cheaper than the dna200 version, maybe a happy medium for cost/performance (must admit $150 is good value compared to our prices).

The latter being 3 cells would be a strong contender for me, i did have one ordered but gave in after many weeks of wait(GB). I find anything over 30w really dual cell mods are better for vape time.

If i had to pick out of your 3, then the dna200 closely by the kanger. Reasons, 3 cells, like the design and looks comfy and of course the dna200 firmware is still probably the best . Little too in depth for me, i like to just vape :laughing:, if customising you gear is of interest then the dna200 is a must.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i had to pick out of your 3, then the dna200 closely by the kanger. Reasons, 3 cells, like the design and looks comfy and of course the dna200 firmware is still probably the best . Little too in depth for me, i like to just vape :laughing:, if customising you gear is of interest then the dna200 is a must.

Agreed, but the Non DNA200 version of it, I've seen for under $50 many many times. Not sure the chip is worth tripling the price, or more.

ven

Flashaholic
Has anyone tried the OBS crius v3 tank yet, still used every day, an awesome tank! Best RTA imo, just works so well. Got 2x 0.7ohm coils in for a 0.35ohm dual build. The Heisenberg concentrate ...........well lets say i have knocked 500ml up :laughing: ..........its that good.

To make yourself from scratch, menthol,blackcurrant and a hint of liquorice .........very nice refreshing vape thats very addictive! Since making it, 4 people in work are on it now and wont entertain much else :laughing:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went with the DNA200 version of the Reuleuax.

I just feel that the DNA chip is a better vape - I've had other mods at this point with no name chipsets and the vape is not as smooth.

My HCiger VT200 with DNA200 is the smoothest vape I've ever had at most level settings. Maybe some of it's in my head, who knows.

Will post up some thoughts when it arrives.

ven

Flashaholic
:cool: who knows, maybe i might even splash some cash........:laughing:
<<<<<<<<<<mr sensible or trying to be! Trying to get some value out of the stuff i have and resisting the latest and greatest. Doing well, been 4 weeks since the OBS tanks:whistle:

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using the Cube, with TFV4, and triple or quads... one at work, one at home, and don't even use them everyday. It's a vicious cycle really. Now in order to use the releux I need to order 3 dedicated batteries for it :/ Don't like to mess around with non matched cells for vaping. Aside from a quick test, also haven't really used the Cube Mini. It's a nice mod, but not really so mini. Just a 1x18650 not as wide version, but otherwise, not anymore compact.

ven

Flashaholic
I keep eyeing the cube mini up after all this time . Bit of a bummer if it's not noticeably smaller as the cube2 with dual cells has a big advantage.

TFV4 is still a tank to be reckoned with, kind of side lined mine for now with this v3. Vape is great, easier to fill up and prefer the base design...no leaks!

Pondering over these new vaporsflasks , the stout I like, as find the 26650 fuel a happy medium in between single and dual cells. But not sure on the shape /design....kind of fugly to me and prefer the classic style(after all I want a vaporflask to be like a flask!).

Mainly been using the sigelei and platinum , both with crius v3's.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I haven't been spending any money on Vaping much this past month. just supplies for making juices and some coils here and there. Some of these newer coils are actually lasting me a pretty good time so I don't mind so much the cost rather than using the RBA at the moment. Just enjoying simple vaping :) But with 2 TFV4s and 2 Crowns and only 1 mod capable of driving them to the flavor levels I want there is just and imbalance in the force.

I still look at it this way - I was spending $900-1000 on cigars monthly. One mod here or there is still a better deal. :grin2:

ven

Flashaholic
Holy smoke!!! wow that's some cigar fund..........new mod a week and still be $300 a month better off :laughing:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah - well when you're smoking 3 cigars a day at a minimum of $10 a pop........ 3 x 10 x 30 = $$$$$ Throw in some nicer Padrons a few times a week and such and you know why I quit smoking them for the vaping hobby.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
So here's my latest gadget fix - the Reuleaux DNA200 and I must say I am very pleased. The DNA200 chip hits just as nicely as the VT200 does - no surprise there but nice to have consistency. Both mods are very nice but I was surprised how much nicer in the hand the Reuleaux felt. The Reuleaux has its pluses and minuses when you compare it with the HCigar VT200.

Pros:
Smaller in terms of height.
Smaller in terms of length.
Actually feels smaller in the hand because your hand wraps around the slightly cylindrical shape better.

Cons:
Weight. Wow - with 3 x 18650s this thing is heavy. I think if it was the only mod you used and you used it all day you'd actually start to get Carpal Tunnel or some other wrist disorder!

I took pics with a Crown tank on each one to give the best comparison of size and scale.

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4635.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

IMG_4637.JPG