Vape Lounge

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome: Glad you enjoy , yes mixing your fluid does save extra money too. Costs here in the uk are around £7.50 for 30ml, some days I can get through that(although very rarely).......making my own is definitely the way to go for me. Last few flavours have been from vampire vape, really enjoying the strawberry milkshake right now, still using Heisenberg as well. I tend to mix 70% VG, even up to 80% at times for the smooth vape.

Although i I have been enjoying the SMOK I keep going back to the kanger platinum and crown tank! Not too happy with the new crown 2, coils look the same as the rafiel tank=not good! . So have avoided that one, I prefer RBA over bought coils ,as I can tweak them to my taste and again save money !

ven

Flashaholic
That's when using the beast tanks that drink , mainly use the crown or mini tfv4 ,so more frugal at 10-15ml a day.

terjee

Enlightened
:welcome: Glad you enjoy , yes mixing your fluid does save extra money too. Costs here in the uk are around £7.50 for 30ml, some days I can get through that(although very rarely).......making my own is definitely the way to go for me. Last few flavours have been from vampire vape, really enjoying the strawberry milkshake right now, still using Heisenberg as well. I tend to mix 70% VG, even up to 80% at times for the smooth vape.

In Norway, we can't buy it locally, but have to import it ourselves, typically postal import. Quite used to the UK prices by now, as we Norwegians typically buy from wither UK, Sweden or Spain. Some of my preferred vendors are in UK actually, such as Chefs Flavours, Pirates Vape and Creme de Vape (formerly Cloud 9). Typically 70-80% VG for me as well, though I sometimes prefer 50/50 when I want a lot of flavour for MTL.

(If I recall correctly, linking to products at specific vendors were prohibited or discouraged here on CPF, but casually mentioning vendors during conversation is okay? Sorry if I got that wrong, please do let me know).

terjee

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL - won't even comment on how much juice I go through on some days when using the thirsty tanks.

The TFV4 and the Aromamizer are two tanks that plow through liquid. Loving the Aromamizer - nice build deck and the juice flow is perfect - it doesn't leak at all unless you put it on it's side but I would imagine that would be an issue with many of the RBA tanks.

Trying to get rid of the nic component to my vapes at the moment and move on to just enjoying the flavors. Starting a new job in a few weeks and it will be fairly hard to find a place to take vape breaks - plus I want to make a good impression and not be hopping up from my desk every hour or so.

ven - your review of the Crown 2 is similar to many other reviews I've read. I haven't personally tried one out so I can't say first hand. I have three Crown tanks and they have been running strong for a while now. Just ordered some extra coils for them.

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats on the new job Sean, hope it all works out well for you, i have a friend in a real good job in IT for Barclays Bank,team leader then up from there. Ended up ironically going to India setting them up there which of course does yourself out of a job. Contracting brings more money still, like £250 a day which he went into before coming full circle and being an at home dad! Crazy how things go.........think his 911 has gone to now.

Defo feet under the table 1st, probably be surprised how many do vape and have an ecig area(hopefully). Its a good place to get away from the desk, talk stuff and escape the office(or factory floor in my case!) .

The TFV8 is a real tempting tank Sean, its a biggen but now there is a smaller version iirc, nice big base to build on(that is my main want). Sure a 7ml tank too, just dont want crazy outputs, consistent nice vapes is my enjoyment. If its 20w or 30w or even 40w , i dont care as long as smooth, tasty and enjoyable(clouds a benefit).

The Crown(1) is just so good, basic, stainless, works every time................only down side is no dual coil RBA and not that big to work on.

terjee

Enlightened
I got the RBA deck for my Crown. I haven't tried building on it yet. I got it partly so if I want to start rebuilding and partly in case I need to start rebuilding (i.e.-coils no longer available).

Sorry, and I really hope you don't mind me saying, but don't get your hopes up too high. It can work as a backup, but it's not very satisfying, and I suspect it's not very reliable either. If you're concerned about coil availability and generic FDA/TPD-issues, I'd strongly recommend looking into getting a dedicated RBA-tank. Coiling is fun and generally enjoyable as well, and doesn't have to break the bank.

Part of the reason I'm saying it, is because it'd be a shame to give up on rebuildables if you don't like doing it with the Crown kit. It's not representative of what rebuildables can give you, nor how they are to work with.

(Same goes for the Triton/Triton 2 RBA-kit btw).

terjee

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
Thanks terjee. Yeah, I realize the Crown's RBA deck (also Herakles and Starre) is designed to fit into the coil space, rather than the tank itself being designed around a more practical build deck and thus might not be ideal. It's really more of a last resort, "post-vape-apocalypse" measure for me since the day may come when I can't legally buy coils for this tank anymore. A buddy of mine went RDA last year and hasn't turned back since. I'm not quite there yet, but I like the convenience of a tank so may go the route of a "proper" RBA at some point.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd be surprised how easy to build some of the RBA/RTA/RDTA tanks are. Get a few pre-wrapped coils and some cotton. Follow a few youtube videos. You'll be up and running in no time.

The Aromamizer Supreme RDTA has become one of my favorite tanks - and the build is so good that I barely have to re-wick it. I think I've gone through close to 200mL on the current cotton and there isn't a hint of burning or darkening. The flavor is just stellar even compared to the Crown.

terjee

Enlightened
A buddy of mine went RDA last year and hasn't turned back since. I'm not quite there yet, but I like the convenience of a tank so may go the route of a "proper" RBA at some point.

I can't recommend this highly enough. And as ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond says, it's a lot easier to do than one might think.

Only real problem is choosing which tank to start with.

If you're a mount-to-lung vaper, I'd really love to recommend the SQuape R. It's got that "post-vape-apocalypse" build quality, and it might be the easiest tank to build. The Kayfuns are getting similar reviews (esp. Kayfun 3 and Kayfun 5), but I don't know them personally (yet). If you're more of a direct-lung kinda vaper, then there's a lot more options out there.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Hey Everyone. I'm having a small panic attack, so a reply would be wonderful. I'm a non smoker, but enjoy some nicotine occasionally on my smoktech tfv4. I thought it would be fun to try some disposable e-cigs. I read good things about the NJoy Daily ones, so I got a pack of 10. I later realized they claim to have 4.5% nicotine. Is this going to give me a really bad experience, or should I be fine?

ven

Flashaholic
You will be fine , it's nicotine % is actually not that high. I use 3% on my sub ohm tanks, before sub ohm the % was 18 or even 24%!!!

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened
You will be fine , it's nicotine % is actually not that high. I use 3% on my sub ohm tanks, before sub ohm the % was 18 or even 24%!!!

I'd bet good money this isn't accurate. It's almost certain that what you actually used was 18mg/ml - 24mg/ml before sub ohm, and 3mg/ml with sub ohm.
That's 1.8 - 2.4%, and 0.3% now. Those are some very usual numbers, but they're mg/ml, not %. This means your comment is off by about 1000%.

To put this into context, the highest concentrated nicotine base you'll typically find for DIY mixers, is 10%, or 100mg/ml. That's typically flagged as severely dangerous, and can lead to a pretty bad experience if you just get some on your skin for a tiny amount of time. The ods that you inhaled more than double that, are slim to none.

For more context, the highest dosage in common use is 2.4%, and anything over 2% will be banned with TPD in Europe.

All of that said, it's quite likely that these single use disposable ones put out a lot less of the liquid in a single puff. If it's about half the amount of vapor, then 4.5% would roughly equal to 2.25% for normal vaping for example. If it's 1/4th of the vapour, it roughly equals 1.125%, or about 11mg/ml. Those are some pretty normal numbers.

One way to go about this could be to just err on the side of caution; Instead of just puffing like mad until the nicotine hits, take a careful drag and wait for a little bit, try a couple of more and wait some more, and so on. Keep in mind that nicotine from vapour takes a longer amount of time before it "hits", compared to sigarettes and the like. Wouldn't want you to get too much, and only realise once it's already done.

While I think ven is off on the numbers, he brings up the interesting difference of equipment. You really can be satisfied by 3mg/ml using one type of equipment, while you'd normally want 18mg/ml on other equipment, that produce less vapour. Disposable ones are typically further in the "less vapour" category, meaning higher nicotine content could be about equal.

Just remember to be careful, 4.5% is quite strong.

Lantern32

Enlightened
I'd bet good money this isn't accurate. It's almost certain that what you actually used was 18mg/ml - 24mg/ml before sub ohm, and 3mg/ml with sub ohm.
That's 1.8 - 2.4%, and 0.3% now. Those are some very usual numbers, but they're mg/ml, not %. This means your comment is off by about 1000%.

To put this into context, the highest concentrated nicotine base you'll typically find for DIY mixers, is 10%, or 100mg/ml. That's typically flagged as severely dangerous, and can lead to a pretty bad experience if you just get some on your skin for a tiny amount of time. The ods that you inhaled more than double that, are slim to none.

For more context, the highest dosage in common use is 2.4%, and anything over 2% will be banned with TPD in Europe.

All of that said, it's quite likely that these single use disposable ones put out a lot less of the liquid in a single puff. If it's about half the amount of vapor, then 4.5% would roughly equal to 2.25% for normal vaping for example. If it's 1/4th of the vapour, it roughly equals 1.125%, or about 11mg/ml. Those are some pretty normal numbers.

One way to go about this could be to just err on the side of caution; Instead of just puffing like mad until the nicotine hits, take a careful drag and wait for a little bit, try a couple of more and wait some more, and so on. Keep in mind that nicotine from vapour takes a longer amount of time before it "hits", compared to sigarettes and the like. Wouldn't want you to get too much, and only realise once it's already done.

While I think ven is off on the numbers, he brings up the interesting difference of equipment. You really can be satisfied by 3mg/ml using one type of equipment, while you'd normally want 18mg/ml on other equipment, that produce less vapour. Disposable ones are typically further in the "less vapour" category, meaning higher nicotine content could be about equal.

Just remember to be careful, 4.5% is quite strong.

Thank you. I just emailed them asking to cancel my order. I'm thinking of getting an epuffer because they allow me to get 1.2 and .6 mg doses. I think that would be better than playing with some big numbers. I tried 12mg nicotine in my .6 ohm Smok TFV4, and have had a fear of nicotine ever since. I certainly want to make sure I make right decision. The disposables are still surprisingly expensive, but they're worth a shot.

terjee

Enlightened
I tried 12mg nicotine in my .6 ohm Smok TFV4, and have had a fear of nicotine ever since. I certainly want to make sure I make right decision. The disposables are still surprisingly expensive, but they're worth a shot.

Using something like the TFv4, I wouldn't go above 3mg/ml personally, and would probably mix myself to get it down to 1.5 - 2mg/ml.

If you want something more like a disposable, but allowing refilling, then this might be interesting:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kam...2672323846.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.80.LwIyNz

I haven't tested it yet, but I've got one waiting for me at the postal office, waiting to get picked up.

You're talking about the two extremes of vaping by the way, with TFv4 and big clouds on one side, and disposable fairly weak ones on the other. There's a huge middle ground to explore though. These days, if you live in the US or Europe, it's also worth keeping in mind that there's a lot of upcoming new regulations, which means buying high quality things that'll last, could be worthwhile.

ven

Flashaholic
Of previous and on bought liquids , and before sub ohm coils hit the market, the measurements were in mg and not % on the ones I used to buy. Then one I used then was the 18mg strength or now labelled 1.8%. My use now with sub ohm coils has brought it down to 3mg / 0.3% strength to clear up the confusion . I don't buy bought liquids that regular these days as prefer to make my own to tweak to my taste. Which is for a smoother vape over throat hit. But yes new rules/regulations/laws are changing things . Tank size limits to fluid strength and no doubt many more to follow.

Before I started on the liquid side , I bought some ecigs from a chemist (type you draw on and tip lights up). These kind of worked for a couple of weeks and I started back in the lights again(in other words I think they are *beep* or the ones I had were. The liquid /vape certainly made a huge difference to my life and habits . Not always for the cheaper !

Last edited: