Vapextech Instant 2300 mAh

fellie

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I tried these in AAA, quoted capacity 1100mAh, tested capacity around 800mAh, 8 cells tested, capacity not as consistent as Eneloop.

I purchased 8 X AAA on Ebay, contacted the seller about the cells not meeting the quoted specification he agreed to send me 8 X Eneloops for the difference in cost, he didn't want the Vapex cells returned. All 8 Eneloops were very consistent in capacity also around 800mAh.

It will be interesting to see how these cells fare over a number of years, all of my 2006 eneloop AA's (approximately 30) are still extremely close to there original capacity.

It will be interesting to see how the actual capacity stacks up against the quoted capacity.

These cells are inexpensive and may turn out to be good value, time will tell.

Norm

fellie

Newly Enlightened
Norm, are your aaa the non LSD version as seen on the website ?

http://www.vapextech.co.uk/acatalog/High_Power_Consumer_Batteries.html

I'll put a few of the AA 2300 through my bl700 , see if I match the figures given in the test above... hopefully so.
If they hit 2000mAh I'll be happy at that price, I've only got them to keep the childrens gadgets / toys running, will keep the Eneloops back for more importnat use :)

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a test of Vapextech Instant 2300 mAh few years ago and they have no LSD capability. They self discharge like regular NiMH batteries...

fellie

Newly Enlightened
Norm the aaa are listed as 900mAh.. 800mAh on test is way off mark though.

Jirik, do you have a source for the 2300mAh test ?

I shall keep 4 of these for a month and see what they test at.

fellie

Newly Enlightened
Not very impressive 56% !!

But not an issue with the turnaround I have with AA's :) Non are stored much over a week... except spare bike light batteries at work, which are always Eneloops :)

fellie

Newly Enlightened
First 4 out of the bc 700..

Shall let them sit as long as possible in the neat plastic case, supplied with them. And see if they qualify as LSD at a later date :)

fellie

Newly Enlightened
Certainly seems so, and exactly what the manufacturer claims.

But, as they felt pretty hot, I have placed an 80mm pc fan powered by usb ( so only 5v , silent / slow ) to cool them.

Look at these figures !!

Whats going on there !! ... Have I fooled the charger by cooling , or actually squeezed to much into the cells ?

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
This is what tickles my funnybone.
When I use my mh-c9000 in break-in mode on Sanyo Eneloops, either original [1,000 rated cycles] or the Eneloop tones [1,500 rated cycles], I've always ranged between 1940-1989.
Will different revisions of the mh-c9000 give different results for the break-in, or should they be the same?
Which figures are more accurate, mh-c9000 or bc700/900? I think I know the answer, but I'm continually seeing people post larger generous figures when using Lacrosse models.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C9000 in break-in mode is going to be more accurate than the LaCrosse. I don't know exactly what the accuracy of the C9000 is, but I imagine the break-in capacity measurements could vary as much as +/- 50 mAh. Therefore the same Eneloops could measure anywhere from 1950 mAh to 2050 mAh on different samples of the C9000, but also varying with ambient temperature and number of prior cycles on the cells.

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
The C9000 in break-in mode is going to be more accurate than the LaCrosse. I don't know exactly what the accuracy of the C9000 is, but I imagine the break-in capacity measurements could vary as much as +/- 50 mAh. Therefore the same Eneloops could measure anywhere from 1950 mAh to 2050 mAh on different samples of the C9000, but also varying with ambient temperature and number of prior cycles on the cells.

Oh ok thanks. I was aware of the ambient temp/prior cycles variables but wasn't aware that different c9000 revisions could produce different break-in results on same battery. Actually my dad has a different revision c9000 than mine I think. Perhaps I'll test out 1 battery on both and see what the variance is. I also noticed that slot 2 on my machine usually produces higher results for whatever reason, either break-in or R&A.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok thanks. I was aware of the ambient temp/prior cycles variables but wasn't aware that different c9000 revisions could produce different break-in results on same battery. Actually my dad has a different revision c9000 than mine I think. Perhaps I'll test out 1 battery on both and see what the variance is. I also noticed that slot 2 on my machine usually produces higher results for whatever reason, either break-in or R&A.
Instrumentation always has limits. There are component tolerances in manufacturing, original calibration accuracy, drift over time, and of course temperature variations. For instance, if you use 1% tolerance resistors in the measurement path, that might affect the measurements by +/- 1%, or 20 mAh in 2000. On average I suspect the C9000 is better than 50 mAh, but there are always outliers.

Last edited:

fellie

Newly Enlightened
Figures obtained the same way as the first batch.

Technoline bl700 , 700 charge rate, 350 discharge via the refresh setting.

First batch came out at

and the second with a cooling fan above the 4 cells came out at

from what I've seen with several sets of Eneloops the result varies little with different charge rates..

and slate these 'lesser than a Maha c9000' chargers all you like, but the eneloop figures seem to be on point from past experience in comparison to other more in depth measurements seen on the forum, and even if a little less accurate, maybe a little semi decent info is better than non ! ?

Just thought I'd post some useful info on some cells I didn't find any info on here...

I'll not bother in the future , I do apologise .

Last edited:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
and slate these 'lesser than a Maha c9000' chargers all you like...I'll not bother in the future , I do apologise
No need to get upset. I thought I was "slating" the Maha C9000 actually...

Thanks for noting the test method. A good tester always describes how the test was performed, otherwise we cannot know how to read the results.

fellie

Newly Enlightened
I'd mentioned the bc / bl700 prior in the thread, it does only have test / refresh availabled to give a mAh reading. ;)

Not upset, that's the numbers I got, the charger may not be the most accurate, but it works well alongside my Maha 808m ( as my main charger ) to decipher nimh cell issues and the such.

My question though was.. why when cooled with the fan, have I got such higher figures ?

And back on topic...... are these cels LSD or not ... time will tell ?