VersaLux vs LS

D

**DONOTDELETE**

darell, you know, that's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that configuration. neato. thanks!

Darell

Flashaholic
I like the idea that the Versalux could be attached to the hinged lid, so it would flip up out of your way to access the switch and batteries stored below. Maybe it could include a power port on the side so you could plug it into the automotive 12V socket for extended road-side use (or maybe charging the NiMH AA batteries that you use???). But then how do you make that port waterproof? Aragorn? Get on it!

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JollyRoger:
Radio Shack makes a decent 4AA battery holder with a built in switch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This one? switched holder

Thanks for the tip.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
thanks quickbeam for correcting that
darell i cant afford a nother ulm now and even if i could the fist thing id do is fill it with turquiose leds and try to sell it. doubt id have any takers though
wink.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
The links to my site may not be working because of a period at the end of the URL. also, you cannot direct-link to tripod hosted images - you must link to the html page.

Ted, Aragorn made this mod, not Wolfman.

otterbox.jpg

http://thelightsite.tripod.com/mods/2vers_otterbox.htm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

========================================

Nice job Aragorn... Between you and tedtheled, you cost me another 150 bucks LOL. I really like not having to drill the case. I did a drill job on mine, squeezed a bead of clear aquarium selant on the holes and then pushed the led's through. After letting it dry, the little excess came off easily with a q-tip. I still wished I did not have to drill the case. I missed seeing the clear job. Do you have the part number or name/size handy? Where did you order yours from? I got one of the solid black ones.

Thanks
PS>>>

I used a magnet reed switch in place of a manual switch. I used one that I got from Radio Shack as it comes with a small round long magnet. I attached the magnet to the lanyard at the correct length so that when I draped the lanyard over the case, it fell exactly over the spot for the relay...ie LIGHT....and when I picked it up, it goes off. That way I don't have to open and shut the case so much....The magnet is tiny and is barely noticed..ie not tacky looking.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:

Ted, Aragorn made this mod, not Wolfman.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops. sorry Aragorn, nice mod!
cool.gif

Just got an email from techass' Thomas, they don't sell 'em ganged..so I guess I'll have to get one, and then another...
rolleyes.gif