Very Happy… Surefire Tactician + Malkoff MDC + Efest IMR Flat Top Battery

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tactician head fits perfectly on the MDC body and works perfectly to give both a high and low beam. I was able to get around 30 minutes at something better than ~325 lumens with the Efest battery. I shut the light down when it looked like the output was dropping below ~325 Lumens and this was right at 33 minutes.

it started out at what I would say was easily better than 600 lumens (I compared it to my Baton Pro).

It is small, runs plenty long on high and looks great!

Has anyone else fallen in love with this combo?

Last edited:

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I do not have the Tactician. I have thought about it buying one before. I have always wanted something with the Maxvision beam, to check it out. How do you change back and forth from high to low on the MDC body?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the Tactician. I have thought about it buying one before. I have always wanted something with the Maxvision beam, to check it out. How do you change back and forth from high to low on the MDC body?

it works identical to the way that the Tactician head works on a Surefire body, by loosening the head a bit. I am smitten with the Maxvision beam profile and the output in this configuration is just spectacular! It makes my 325 Lumen HDS look a bit anemic. It ran for an awful long time also… I think 30 minutes for my use on a single battery is pretty great and it didn't go out either, it just kept on going albeit dimmer which is why I shut it down.