Very long run time p60 drop-in needed. Suggestions?

flip

Enlightened
Guys, my daughter's scout troop is going to stay overnight in a cave. I would like to give her a flashlight to take that has extremely long run time but isn't too bulky. I think an led Mag is a bit much. I'm thinking a 6P size light running on 1 18650 battery or even a 3P size on 1 primary. I have the hosts covered but not sure of a drop-in that will give her enough run time in case the little girls decide they need a night light. Suggestions please.

Or, anybody know the run time of an E1E with a 5mm led conversion? Maybe swap in a 17500 body...

Marduke

Flashaholic
Couple E01's will provide great runtime in a very small package. Cheap, durable, and come in some girly colors to boot!!

GPB

Enlightened
The multi-mode LED Minimag will run for over 48 hours on low, and the high is decent enough for a pitch black cave. It can be replaced for $20 if it gets lost and would run off of batteries that someone would have in their radio, camera, etc.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Get her a 6p with a malkoff M60LL! It will give her plenty of light for 14-16 hours on a AW 18650.You might even want to get a S/F diffuser for it to broaden the beam a bit.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
#1: What is her age.
Is she responsible enough to follow your directions reguarding li-ion use?
Would battery changes period be a problem for her?
Can she operate a muti-mode UI?
Does she understand that full output is not always nessesary even if it is an option?

Perhaps a basic G3 and an M60LL on primary cells would be a safe bet. Almost childproof.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Edit: I just reread the original post, sorry I think I missed the point. :oops:

Last edited: