Very satisfied with my MTE M3-2I

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Hello fellow flashaholics.

I got my MTE M3-2I XM-L drop-in from Greg McGee Engineering about a week ago, and i have used it a lot. Thought i just wanted to share my experience.

This drop-in fits in the older M3-2I light which used the MC-E LED. I've had the M3-2I with the MC-E for about a year, but i haven't used it much. It was a bit floody without much throw.

Now, with the new drop-in the case is different; The M3-2I uses TIR optic and now with a XM-L LED it provides pretty good throw. This lights up the the woods which are over 200 meters away from me, not bad! It throws more than that too, but i haven't done any testings.

I have also lost the light at concentrate asphalt a few times, and it still works. Seems like the quality is very good.

It's kinda bulky, it looks very tacticool and have a fairly stupid way to change modes. Half push to get a new mode. Hi-Strobe-Medium-Low-SOS-Blink. However, i'm very satisfied with it and it will see a lot of use just for lightening up the woods for a few minutes.

Because it's a bit bulky it will not see much, but i love to use the light while walking around.

Very satisfied with it, but the tacticool look is a turn-off.

It seems like a well-built light with very good output! A bright and wide hotspot who throws. Haven't had any problems with it.

Btw,
I have no idea if this light is the same as the MTE lights DX sells. This light i have here has a very nice laser print where it stands MTE-USA.

*This is not a review, just want to share my experience.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
This thread is almost three years old and received no responses in that time.
Surely that means CPF members are neither for or against.

Norm

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why doesnt CPFer's have love for MTE products? Am i missing something here???

SPC Smith

I don't think many people know of MTE lights due to their lack of visibility (marketing?). I have been active on CPF for several years and only learned of MTE lights by watching a few Youtube.com video clips.

Some of the other dealers/manufacturers are CPFM sponsors or furnish lights to CPFers for review so they get publicity.