Very tempted to buy this.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hi guys,

This is probably my first post which has nothing to do with the business. :laughing:

But anyways, I saw this on Ebay and I am very tempted to buy this.

It's an really really old torch made in Hong Kong, you don't see many things made in Hong Kong nowadays and I was thinking of buying this as like a first step into the hobby. :huh:

I have brought many many flashlights in the past, but those are mainly for testing and developement purposes, so I can't say I am into the hobby of flashlight collecting myself. Although the SF E Series was pretty good aside from the nonremovable reflector part, LOL.

So, I just want some opinions from real flashlight collectors like you guys because I think this torch looks pretty neat.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chung-Nam-Military-Flashlight-Torch-Parrot-Hong-Kong_W0QQitemZ260088564340QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks guys. :laughing:

Mark

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like its in very good condition. If you can get it I would give it a shot. You
could clean it up and put a Cree in it.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a nice light. You really should try and get it. I bet it would clean up nice. I think I have a light made in HK, I should look for it :thinking:

cutlerylover

Banned
After postign it here you might have other bidders now to compete with, lol...I say go for it, it would be cool to have a few vintage lights in the Ol' collection!

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark@LF said:
But anyways, I saw this on Ebay and I am very tempted to buy this.

It's an really really old torch made in Hong Kong, you don't see many things made in Hong Kong nowadays and I was thinking of buying this as like a first step into the hobby. :huh:

So, I just want some opinions from real flashlight collectors like you guys because I think this torch looks pretty neat.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chung-Nam-Military-Flashlight-Torch-Parrot-Hong-Kong_W0QQitemZ260088564340QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks guys. :laughing:

Mark

If you go to the Hong Kong Museum of History. 100 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, opposite the Ramada Hotel, there's a section on old torches, and I seem to remember a similar one there.

It's actually just a glass case with old HK torches.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Cool, thanks guys. I will place a bid on this torch then. I wouldn't mod it or anything since it is an old piece of history, but I'll probably try to fix it up so it will be in working conditions though. :D

Thanks for all the input guys. :)

abvidledUK,

Thanks for the info, I will go check it out soon. :)

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark@LF said:
abvidledUK,

Thanks for the info, I will go check it out soon. :)

Choose your day.

It's free entry one day a week, maybe Wednesday, can't remember which.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have something like this too, bought it from a old hardware shop. It's not parrot brand but it looks similar. Just thin sheets of metal forming a flashlight. 2D if I'm not wrong, and a feeble bulb :D

Mine's in super good shiny condition though! But I believe it's really a torch from history and not some remake (who'd bother??) :D

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would make a good conversation piece for times when you have investors or shareholders visiting your office. :)

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you dont bid on it I will :) Looks like there is already a bid though. And from the looks of it he's a subaru driver like myself. :)

Shoot me a PM if you decide not to pick this up. This would be an awesome candidate to clean up and then put jet-hot coating on to give it that raw aluminum look that won't tarnish.

Shane

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Yeah, I placed that bid and yes, my first car was a subaru.

The ebay account was created back in the day when I drive the subaru. LOL. :D

Mark@LF

Enlightened
I had a Black 1998 Impreza 2.5RS, it was my first car and sorry to say, it was an automatic. LOL.

That baby saved my life a couple times with the AWD, but I managed to moved on to stick shift and rear wheel drive. My last car was a 2001 Mazda Miata which brought me loads of fun.

The family car at that time was the Infiniti G35, much more boring then the miata, but still a very good car.

All this was back when I was in Canada of course, I don't drive anymore in Hong Kong. Gas cost 4 times as much here and no parking space anywhere. :D

The company car is available if I wish to drive though, it's a Nissan Gloria. It's kind of a previous generation infiniti M45 but with a 3.0 turbo engine (same engine as the 300zx in single turbo configuration). I never drove it, but it's a nice car.