very very cool dvd burner

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love the new technolgy caled light scribe that is so cool i think. link wont work sorry but its a new way to mark the dvds ya record

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Here's a link...

Yeah, I've seen it also and it looks cool. I bought a small pack of LS discs in anticipation of experimenting with an LS drive.

BTW, held a leadlight up to a lightscribe disc to see if I could doodle on the writable surface; nothing. There, I saved 'ya the trouble! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool ty for the links everyone.i think its a very good idea.my handwriteing is as bad as my typeing

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how much of a premium the blank lightscribe discs will cost? I know regular black DVD's are pretty cheap now, typically less then 50 cents each on a spindle, sometimes much less with deals and rebates.

Duncan

Newly Enlightened
This comes directly from a BenQ marketing email (re: price of discs):

"HP, Verbatim, Memorex, and Imation offer both CD-R and DVD+R LightScribe media. Verbatim LightScribe 52x CD-R disc available in 10 and 30-pack spindles. Ten-packs of the LightScribe media have street Prices of about $10.95 for the 52x CD-R media, and $29.95 for the 30 packs. Verbatim LightScribe 8x DVD+R media will be available later in February 2005."

Hope that helps a bit!

GiveMeLight

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, pretty cool. Guy I know just got one. Benq branded. Walmart carries the HP branded drives for $100.
The problem I have is that the process requires specific media, and the process is slow. To burn a full label with graphics + text takes upwards of 20 minutes. (longer than it takes to burn the data on the disc!) Sure, maybe use it on a disc once in a while. But until the time it takes to complete a label is under 5 minutes, it's not worth the wait in my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gabe