Vintage dive lights and flashlights

JanCPF

Enlightened
I'm not really a vintage flashlight collector (yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) but I would like to buy a nice vintage chrome plated dive light and also one of those chrome plated vintage Eveready (or other) with a thick glass lens. Where would be a good place to search for them? Thanks.

Jan

Kirk

Enlightened
JanCPF,
I bought a Siebe-Gorman chrome-plated brass "hardhat" diver's light from www.deutscheoptik.com, but I believe they are all out of them. You can see one on my website, www.geocities.com/ktathwell. Do a google search for Siebe-Gorman and you might find one a store that specializes in maritime antiques. Be prepared to spend US$200 or more for a good one. The Eveready lights with the thick "bullseye" lenses are quite common on eBay.
Regards,
Kirk

JanCPF

Enlightened
Kirk,

Thanks. I read the post about that Siebe-Gorman of yours (very nice - I want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif) and I also visited both your website and www.deutscheoptik.com and you're right - they are all out of them. I did some Google'ing but it didn't come up with much, so I thought perhaps you guys knew several online shops for this.

Jan