- Jul 3, 2005
MSI said:Here is how to proceed:
1. Turn off tailcap (but leave the batteries inside the light)
2. Click the switch so it is in on position
3. Set your DMM (Digital Multi Meter) to DC current measurement, be sure that the red test probe is connected to the 10A/20A terminal.
4. Turn DMM on
5. Put black test probe to end of battery adapter, and apply some pressure so that it get good connection where the foremost adapter connects to the switch.
6. Put red test probe to the edge of the light where there is no anodizing, be sure to point the front of the light away from anyones face. I find it best to hold the light between/with my knees so it points toward the floor and I have my hands free for the test probes.
7. If everything is done properly the light should now light up and you should be able to read off the current from the DMM.
You should get ca. 3.3A for the WA1185 setup and 2A for the WA1331 setup.
:thanks: , MSI. I have been searching through the treads looking for clear instructions on how to measure current through a light.