Waaaaaa - My Arc-LE works half the time HELP!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
I've been having problems with one of my LE's as well .... Next I will try cleaning with rubbing alcohol, then pulling off the foam retainer and reforming the contact first with some sandpaper ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still running at 1/2 brightness. I will try another battery (just in case) and then out comes the soldering iron. Not much chance of that helping but it's worth a try.
Peter save one of those LE's for me!
grin.gif
It's good to here you have a few left.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
confused.gif

Hey everybody great news! Reforming the contact with a soldering iron worked! My only guess why, is that whatever is behind that blob of solder had a poor contact and turning it into a liquid for a second helped establish a good contact.

I'm glad I got it working again because even though I have two LE's this one had a better color tint (less yellow) My other LE has more blue to it though it is a tad bit brighter (I think because the way we percieve color)

If I have a repeat of the problem it goes back to Peter.

Now I want one of those "enhanced" Turquiose but how do I time it right to make sure I get a special one?
confused.gif

Coherence

Newly Enlightened
Well I haven't had any problems with my Arc-AAA but to 'proactively' head off any flickering I went ahead and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol.

Of course the battery retainer came unglued, I remember reading that would happen. Anyone remember the recommended way to glue it back on?

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:
The kind I use is cat.#16-125 from Hosfelt Electronics.-Also makes operation real smooooth. The spray is really made for cleaning & revitalizing industrial electrical connections (switches etc.), and is highly conductive. TV tuner cleaner works well too-as long as it has a light lube element.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...I just ordered this today from Hosfelt. Thanks Doug!
I have a feeling this will be a good tip. I am fairly picky about good contacts so I will probably know in a week or so how the clean/lube works.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
[QBNow I want one of those "enhanced" Turquiose but how do I time it right to make sure I get a special one?
confused.gif
[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How indeed. And when you figure it out - please pick one up for me!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good News and Bad news.

Bad news. The resoldering didn't take and my arc LE is back to low brightness flickering again.

Good news:
Darrell I've got you covered, TTS will be arranging a group buy of the turquoise EV. Check out the Arc 2002 thread pg 26-27 or so. Such a simple yet brilliant idea, I can't believe it was mine.
grin.gif