Waiting for the SureFire LX1...

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Add me to the list of folks who got tired of waiting and bought a Ra clicky. Thank you Surefire! lovecpf

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add me to the list of folks who got tired of waiting and bought a Ra clicky. Thank you Surefire! lovecpf
I am already on my 3rd Ra clicky. First was the 140 GT, then the 100 high CRI, and now I am awaiting the 170T to reach me. Kiss LX1 goodbye!!! I doubt it would be that good compared to the Ra clickies anyway.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit subjective considering it isn't even out yet, don't you think? :laughing:

If one has an LX2 and an E1B, then naturally the LX1 becomes very predictive even if it is still in it's vapor stage. Nothing to make me go gaga about.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy Carrot...it's a Surefire I don't have yet...:sick:

Seriously though, I missed my L1 so much, I had to buy another one to tide me over til this comes out...but, the L1 is an EXCELLENT light in it's own right...a ncie low, and just enough high for 90% of tasks. The perfect edc. Thanks for getting the L1 out so early Flip...it'll definitely come in handy over here!

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
for those having lx2 and eb1 as a friend said above, for me there is no reason to get the lx1. If you have to spend more than 170 dollars then buy one more eb1 110 lumens and end of story. I dont even think to get the lx1 any more. Got tired and after a long time thinking about how i spend my money, i prefer not to buy it. Sorry.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
for those having lx2 and eb1 as a friend said above, for me there is no reason to get the lx1. If you have to spend more than 170 dollars then buy one more eb1 110 lumens and end of story. I dont even think to get the lx1 any more. Got tired and after a long time thinking about how i spend my money, i prefer not to buy it. Sorry.

No. I don't see the need for another E1B even though it's slightly brighter. I would rather buy a HDS clicky. Equally tough, maybe even tougher than SF, has 4 user programmable modes, takes rechargeable very well, super flat regulation on batteries, superb customer service, and many more good reasons. LX1 would have to do way better than that. But, I would still get the LX1, just because I collect SF lights, not because I think it would be any better than HDS lights.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, fair enough. I'll continue to be happy with my L1 then. Given the 10 pages I thought I was missing something.

Without a doubt, L1 is a very nice light. My only gripe with my L1 is the very greenish tint I get from the beam, even on high mode.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Without a doubt, L1 is a very nice light. My only gripe with my L1 is the very greenish tint I get from the beam, even on high mode.
FWIW, my L1 has the best tint of any LED I own - a nice creamy white. :shrug:

I know I've said this before, but the #1 problem with the LX1 (IMO) is that the L1 is already such a fine light. It's not the smallest, brightest, or longest-running, it's for folks who find it a good fit for their uses. This group of people, on average, may not be attracted to the latest whiz-bang wonderlight, which is why the (incrementally improved) LX1 may have an uphill battle in this regard (eg. some of the previous posts).

I don't imagine that everybody will sell off their L1's for the LX1 when it comes out sometime in 2013 (;)), but people who would have purchased the L1 may simply purchase the LX1 instead.

My 2 lumens,

Edit: I find it amusing that this thread was started over a year ago and is up to nearly 300 posts by now, all about a light that hasn't even been released yet. :)
I do think that this is one measure of just how sucessful the L1 series was (and still is).

Last edited:

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been already discussed here but do we know for a FACT which TC the yet to be released LX1 has?

Hoping for the LX2 variant but ....

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Thx Carrot, knew I could count on an SME here for some good news today.

And the wait continues .......

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Well, just because it is smaller than the L1, brighter on the high mode, has a duo directional clip?

Smaller matters, I think. My one gripe about my existing, older L1 is that it's about 1/2" shorter than my LX2. This is not enough of a difference to make it more pocketable, so I just carry the LX2, which is generally superior.

I hope the LX1 is not as slippery as the E1B. I have an E1B, but I find I drop it - a lot. (It's fine if I carry it overhand, thumb over the button. This is my least favorite way to carry a light, although it's likely what it was designed for.)

I have to say though, that these Ra lights everyone keeps talking about are tempting.