Wanted: FLOOD/AREA LED

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 26, 2002
Messages
1,554
Location
St Louis
I'm wondering what's available as a Flood or Area light with some kind of LED.
Specifically, something small. I have one of those River Rock 4AA LED lanterns but it doesn't put out enough light to read by.

Ideas?
Suggestions?
 

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Nov 18, 2006
Messages
170
Location
Phoenix
The Inova X1 w/reflector is very floody, <4in x <3/4 in, takes 1AA (1AAA works just as well) and it's very solid. Not sure of the lumens from this version.
 

Newuser01

Enlightened
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
772
Location
concord, ca - eastbay - US
Try Streamlight Propolymar 7 LED version. Gives out floody light and it is bright, runs a long time on 4AA batteries and life time warranty.

You could pick up 1 for about 20 bucks.
 

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 26, 2002
Messages
1,554
Location
St Louis
stonehold said:
The Inova X1 w/reflector is very floody, <4in x <3/4 in, takes 1AA (1AAA works just as well) and it's very solid. Not sure of the lumens from this version.
I hadn't thought about that one since I thought all the new Inova's had that special optic for more throw and NO spill.

glockboy said:
Makita ML123 Fluorescent Light is an excellent flood light.
Will that light take special batteries or require other Makita parts to make it work or charge it?

Newuser01 said:
Try Streamlight Propolymar 7 LED version. Gives out floody light and it is bright, runs a long time on 4AA batteries and life time warranty.

You could pick up 1 for about 20 bucks.
I've got 1 of those, the older model, but was hoping for something a bit smaller...
 

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 26, 2002
Messages
1,554
Location
St Louis
Lexus said:
SF L4 or L2 are great flooders.
I forgot about the L4! Too bad I sold mine a while back :( That might do quite nicely with a 2-stage tailcap.

Blacklight said:
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=5307-752&categoryid=1118

There is a 2AA version, a 2D version, and a 2AA Headlamp. Beam pattern is like a rectangle on its side. Very floody.

I remember seeing those in Wal-Mart quite a while back. Haven't seen it in quite a while though. Anyone seen these recently?
 

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
3,027
Location
Connecticut Shoreline
How about something like this? We also have a 48 LED version not yet listed:

theshorelinemarket_1931_59497661

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ufoledcali.html
 

CancerLad

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Sep 10, 2006
Messages
60
You might try the Nuwai TM-301X 5W Luxeon 5 watt LED Flashlight. It is very compact and fairly cheap for a good quality light. It uses two CR123 primaries or rechargables. The tailswitch can be easily modded to give two levels and you can make the low as low as you want.
 

jb818

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
4
CancerLad said:
You might try the Nuwai TM-301X 5W Luxeon 5 watt LED Flashlight. It is very compact and fairly cheap for a good quality light. It uses two CR123 primaries or rechargables. The tailswitch can be easily modded to give two levels and you can make the low as low as you want.





I have the Nuwai TM 301 x5 and i like the flood

hope it help
 

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 26, 2002
Messages
1,554
Location
St Louis
CancerLad said:
You might try the Nuwai TM-301X 5W Luxeon 5 watt LED Flashlight. It is very compact and fairly cheap for a good quality light. It uses two CR123 primaries or rechargables. The tailswitch can be easily modded to give two levels and you can make the low as low as you want.

Who would I talk to about modding the tailswitch?
 

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 26, 2002
Messages
1,554
Location
St Louis
Roy said:
Do you want a 90 degree or 360 degree pattern....flashlight or lantern?

Probably around 90 degrees...and definately one of each!
What kind of CPF'er would I be if I just picked one? :D ;)
 

Latest posts

Top