Water Battery - truly green battery recharges in 5 minutes with water

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NoPoPo and that's no poopoo :whistle: It's a water battery that recharges in 3 to 5 minutes with regular water. It doesn't appear to have as high of current rating as some newer NiMH and such but for lower power lights it surely is one of the most eco-friendly green solutions yet for a battery. It's 500ma for the AA size battery. I think I can post thier web page - these aren't even available quite yet but will be soon. It's a U.S. based company having them made in Japan. No www - just waterbattery.com

roadie

Enlightened
tried the 'link', apparently www is needed ..... :thinking:

"can be recharged or "Re-Filled" up to 5 times" = 5 times isnt very useful though ...

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like the misnomer that it recharges with water. It doesn't. Water simply activates the electrolyte. If you could drain the battery and then refill with more water then I'll believe the "recharge with water" claim. Using the same terminology a carbon zinc battery with anhydrous acid is "rechargeable" with water albeit with the same one time use limitation. In fact the battery is pretty much that. It's a carbon magnesium wet cell with some sort of dry acid activated by water.

Burgess

Flashaholic
On a similar note . . . .

I've invented an Automobile Engine, which runs on Water ! ! !

But, the water has ta' come from the Gulf of Mexico.

:whistle:
_

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The NoPoPo and that's no poopoo :whistle: It's a water battery that recharges in 3 to 5 minutes with regular water. It doesn't appear to have as high of current rating as some newer NiMH and such but for lower power lights it surely is one of the most eco-friendly green solutions yet for a battery. It's 500ma for the AA size battery. I think I can post thier web page - these aren't even available quite yet but will be soon. It's a U.S. based company having them made in Japan. No www - just waterbattery.com

I love the characterization of being eco-friendly, green, blah blah blah.

Once manufactured through a typical environmentally damaging factory footprint process, the battery's electrolyte is then activated by water to provide a whopping 500mA output (with no mention of voltage performance or duration under that load)...but here's the kicker....it only can be re-activated up to 5 times. Then it becomes landfill garbage. Sorry, but I'll take the 1500 charge cycles Eneloops as the hands down favorite.