Water Bottles: What do you use?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
From the polarbottle website: How cool is that?

[FONT=&quot]All Polar Bottles are manufactured in Colorado, USA with parts sourced from Denver, CO and Garden City, MO.

[/FONT]

fuyume

Newly Enlightened
For clean water storage, two Nalgene HDPE 1 L, which are half the weight of the polycarbonate versions, but I carry a polycarbonate one to actually drink out of, because they are transparent, and I often mix drinks in them, so it's easier to see if there's any growth in them. The HDPE ones get water only, and I don't even touch a mouth to them. I also carry a green HDPE one for a urine bottle, because I hate getting out of my tent in the middle of the night to go pee.

woodsmith

Newly Enlightened
The last couple years I refilled empty gatorade bottles (actually made it over a year on the same one) but this spring I saw Nalgene Oasis 32 oz in a local shop so I've been using a pair those. I like that they are a bit more narrow so easier to fit in pockets. I actually prefer the rectangular bottles that seem to be standard issue for wildland fire but the caps on those are crap. I think I still have one or two bottles but no caps.

A few years ago I found a new version of a Platypus bottle that was a softer, more pliable plastic then the ones I had way back (late '90's?), with a hang loop at the top. I really liked that one for work but punctured it...when I went back for a replacement, all the Platy bottles were made from that old, less pliable material, so I didn't get one (thus my interim use of Gatorade bottles).

Does anyone know if any of the currently available Platy bottles are made from the softer material?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a couple bpa-free Nalgene 1 liter water bottles. One has a two stage Lifestraw water filter in it. I gave up on hydration pack water bladders when one leaked on me 25 miles back on a backpacking trip.