Wave of SunDrop 3S **SOLD OUT**

scout24

Staff member
Re: Wave of SunDrop 3S

Don-
High cri at 200 lumens? perhaps with multiple levels of power? I hope nichia sees the wisdom... I have been using a mule with one of your DIY high cri 083's that I purchased from a fellow cpf'er for a couple of days and cannot get over the quality of the light produced. Beautiful, even flood and fantastic color. All I could ask for is occasionally more output. I believe the output was stated at around 40lm. Here's hoping... Paypal waiting...
Scout24

Tim W

Enlightened

e-mail sent for 1 SunDrop 3S!!

Just as the Borg said:crazy: , Resistance turned out to be futile :takeit: :sold:

Anyways, my two PD's need to be kept company, right?:naughty:

Tim

Rossymeister

Enlightened

I Am Really Considering Buying One Of These Sundrops.

Is The Tint Of The 083 Significantly Warmer Than That Of A Rebel LED?

Thanks

Tim W

Enlightened

Sundrop arrived safely yesterday.

Works perfectly, wonderful color rendition, and no flaws that I can see in the machining.

Played with it all evening last night and am planning to do the same tonight. Unfortunately, I think that I just prefer the PD type lights. If after tonight, I still don't care for the feel of it in use, I'll probably put it on B/S/T and try out a lunasol 20.

Tim

Tim W

Enlightened

First, let me say that this really is a neat light. The flood beam is very useful.

That being said, I guess I am just more a fan of the PD lights, as well as the fact that past about 10-12 feet even on the high level I just really prefer a more traditional beam.

Don was kind enough to let me return this light and pay the difference for a LunaSol 20.

Anyone who truly wants a flood beam only light will be more than happy with these.

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
SunDrop 3S Higher output Nichia 183 testing

Don says:
Nichia does have a new LED, the 183 if I have my nomenclature correct which I have not had a chance to play with yet. I do have some samples. I am holding out for a High CRI version which has not been released yet. Going by memory (somewhat faulty) the 183 is essentially the same as the 083 except that it is designed to be a 700 mA part and 200 lumen output. When time permits and I remember to do so, I want to build a SunDrop LE with one of these LED's to see what is what. Again, my real interest would be for a High CRI version....

Hello Don. Any progress on the Nichia 183 Sundrop test? I would be really interested in a high output 200LM Sundrop and have been holding out from buying the current 083 Nichia version. Would this also be a 3-level LE? The 3 level and high output Haiku really proved to be popular setup. I just love the GDup UI. Combined with that beautiful light quality of the Nichia 183 high output and the form/function of the compact condenser lens Sundrop head. Man that would be a light.:drool: Where does the line queue?

Hedgehog

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone have a picture of the tail end? All the pictures I've seen are of the head and side. I'm trying to see what the tail and switch looks like.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Does anyone have a picture of the tail end? All the pictures I've seen are of the head and side. I'm trying to see what the tail and switch looks like.

The body of the SunDrop & SunDrop 3S is a Ti McClickie Pak.

Stealing a photo from McDude:
AlephMcClickie.jpg

Hope that helps,
:thumbsup: john

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Are these things still available?

Welcome I'mGatMan!

I have a hand full of heads left (more McClickie paks in the works) and one complete set that I need only supply the light engine to.

In your comments elsewhere about seeking a general purpose EDC, I think of my offerings, that a LunaSol 20 or Haiku would be more appropriate. Hope to have waves of each of these this month. The SunDrop 3S more specialized towards specific applications. For many, it can provide excellent quality light within its limitations and often it is well within those limitations.

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened

Welcome I'mGatMan!

I have a hand full of heads left (more McClickie paks in the works) and one complete set that I need only supply the light engine to.

In your comments elsewhere about seeking a general purpose EDC, I think of my offerings, that a LunaSol 20 or Haiku would be more appropriate. Hope to have waves of each of these this month. The SunDrop 3S more specialized towards specific applications. For many, it can provide excellent quality light within its limitations and often it is well within those limitations.

Hey Don, thanks for offering your personal advice. If you don't mind my asking, what makes either the Lunasol 20 or Haiku better for my stated purposes? Also, where does the Ti PDs fit in? That is one of the most aesthetically appealing light I've seen.

Thanks.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened

Hey Don, will you also be making LS27's? If so, Wifey said I can get a light for my first Father's day, but I will find a way to get both a 20 AND a 27. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts