• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of SunDrop and SunDrop XR-U

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sundroppers... pardon the noob question: what is your favored/preferred battery type for the XR-U? primaries or rechargeables? :sssh:

Rechargables by a long shot. I use mine a lot and never in life threatening situations so there's no risk if the protection circuit cuts and there's a great cost savings

Stoneking

Enlightened
"It is designed primarily to be coupled with a RCR123 battery but it can also be driven by a CR123 or even 2xAA."
- Quote taken directly from Don's introduction to the HIVE Driver

McGizmo

Flashaholic
In the stock configuration, The HIVE should be used with the Li-Ion RCR123's for full function and benefit. On a CR123, the battery will quickly lose the power required to keep the light light on high level so CR123's should only be used out of necessity or if the user has reprogrammed the HIVE to be better suited for use with the CR123.

kitman22

Newly Enlightened
Hi Don.

Could I please get your advice on removing the lens from the Sundrop.
Do I need to simple take out the O ring and the lens will drop out from the front?
It's also quite tricky getting the O ring out without damaging it.

I don't want to force it out until I know that this will actually let the lens come out.

Thanks for any advice.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Don.

Could I please get your advice on removing the lens from the Sundrop.
Do I need to simple take out the O ring and the lens will drop out from the front?
It's also quite tricky getting the O ring out without damaging it.

I don't want to force it out until I know that this will actually let the lens come out.

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry I missed this until now! Yes, if you remove the retaining O-ring the lens will pop out from the front. You can stab the O-ring with a needle and use it to pry out the O-ring. The puncture won't hurt the O-ring and the actual seal is provided by the small O-ring under the lens so you don't compromise the system at all.