Weapon light discussion, (loosely) related topics welcome

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you actually concealed carry this huge revolver everyday?

iacchus

Enlightened
Trouble? I run in the opposite direction. Feets, don't fail me now!

Having recently reacquired a concealed pistol license and started carrying again after a 20-year lapse, I find myself driving even more relaxed than before. Trust me when I state, "I'm a very safe driver." However, aggressive drivers did tend to irritate me. Not to the point of returning aggression, but perhaps giving them a look. But now, being armed, I remind myself it's not wise to react even in the slightest. They're now on my ignore list. 😁

I was never a more polite and even-keeled individual than when I carried a firearm on my person.
There is some truth to that old Heinlein quote, to be sure.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Can I ask a question::::

If you change the grip on a pistol and it's very different & alot more material in back(palm), can that effect how the sights line up?
=Meaning shooting low
Had a conversation with a friend on this and he said NO. I said it's possible, then got a mild headache thinking about it...hmm

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
In some states rural areas, authority frown upon folks who carry and don't use their gun to defend the innocent.

I thought it was Stepin Fetchit who said "feet don't fail me now"

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, but new grip (the way you hold the gun) can affect your accuracy at first, should be back to normal after few hundred round of practise.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
In some states rural areas, authority frown upon folks who carry and don't use their gun to defend the innocent.

Well, you can not trust an authority not to go left and charge you for using it. I can not blame people for not taking the risk. They will look for any reason to convict you of anything, for daring to use guns in self defence. The way political winds blow, a spoonful of blue, destroys a bucket of red ideas.
I can not blame anyone for not using it when someone else is in danger. I sure would not do it in my state. Do not blame me, blame ultra left gvmnt.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, but new grip (the way you hold the gun) can affect your accuracy at first, should be back to normal after few hundred round of practise.
+

Makes sense, muscle memory deal.
Buddy said once the sights are lined up, they're lined up. Thing is, I know that :yellowlaugh:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Unfortunately in others, it's actually illegal to use a concealed carry pistol for 3rd party self-defense unless that 3rd party is a direct family member. (Spouse or children. Some states might allow it for a parent as well.)

While this may seem silly, not too long ago, a couple devised a scheme to pull off a Con-job. They wanted the violent carjacking to be videotaped. So they pulled into a gas-station. Buddy of theirs' played his part too well.... And was gunned down by another person at the gas-station who was re-fueling his car. Clearly he just wanted to come to their rescue. The couple's buddy died! To complicate things, the defender was a former convict carrying around a gun he had no right to possess. Just a horrible mess all around.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, you can not trust an authority not to go left and charge you for using it. I can not blame people for not taking the risk. They will look for any reason to convict you of anything, for daring to use guns in self defence. The way political winds blow, a spoonful of blue, destroys a bucket of red ideas.
I can not blame anyone for not using it when someone else is in danger. I sure would not do it in my state. Do not blame me, blame ultra left gvmnt.
While back on my main YouTube channel, made a video regarding why being a Sheepdog is a stupid concept. You covered the main points why, very well.

iacchus

Enlightened
In my state, you are allowed to use deadly force to stop any violent felony, be its target yourself or a stranger. In some very limited cases, this extends even to property.

The South is a different place.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my state in theory you are also allowed, it is covered in article 35 of ny penal code, but reality on the ground is very different, even if they can not get you on the shooting, they will use sensitive place laws, discharging firearm, endangering public...... etc, Da will dismiss any juror who is a gun owner, anyone who believes in a right of self defence. they will only keep ultra left leaning jurors. Soros backed DA's purpose is to put you in prison, that is all. they do not care about justifications of your actions. they will go above and beyond to make you look like a evil murderer. however they will drop charges for anything if you are a "protected class"

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately in others, it's actually illegal to use a concealed carry pistol for 3rd party self-defense unless that 3rd party is a direct family member. (Spouse or children. Some states might allow it for a parent as well.)
As bad as NY antigun laws are, Statues that cover use of deadly force, (article 35) does not specify any relations, in theory you can use it to defend anyone who you believe is in imminent danger of death or a great bodily harm. however make sure it happens outside school zone, you did not shot towards any buildings or occupied structure, the person you defending has to be beaten to half death, so you can justify defending that person. god forbid someone in a close vicinity gets scared from even seeing your gun, aggravated assault charge is guaranteed. even if that person is the attacker.
NY actually had the best defence laws until hochul screwed everything up. we do not have castle doctrine or stand your ground.
Basically in half the states, you will not walk away even from cleanest most justifiable shooting.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Wonder how that half votes for the most part, wait we know.
LOL, does not matter who votes, matters whom they donate to,
I live in nyc, Not one person I know voted for current mayor and governor, vast majority of upstate and long island vote red, yet we end up electing blue no matter what, so I have absolutely 0 trust in election process, another scam to make you feel guilty for people they select, and illusion of removing all responsibility from those who are selecting and those who gets selected.
Just look at what laws has been passed in last 25-30 years, and who they benefit. it becomes perfectly clear who is really in charge.