Welcome all divers!

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Freediving light

Hi grandpadave, and welcome to the forum!

I would suggest you start a new thread, as that's likely to generate a lot more interest then a Hello thread, and also this isn't the place to have a discussion like that.

I'd be happy to provide some thoughts, but maybe I'll wait and post them in your new thread!

granpadave

Newly Enlightened
Re: Freediving light

Will do. Although I've been doing some more perusing (as you do) and think a floody video light might suit the bill and there seems to be a fair bit of information about those.

island

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone - I'm a freediver/snorkeller/spearo. Looking for better night time lighting - I'll do some reading around :)

Septhinox

Newly Enlightened
Hello all!

A midwest diver in the great lakes. Have Light Monkey lights but want to learn how to DIY for my next light setup!

veritas579

Newly Enlightened
HELLO CPF people,

I have always enjoyed lights as a mechanic for the past 20 years and now as a diver for the past 5 years. This is a great place for info concerning dive lights and hope to learn to make my own or mod my own and share my experience.

TURSTY

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

New board member here from New Zealand. I am mainly a wreck diver, getting into tech diving, with a very young and amateur hobby for video creation. So have a need for good quality, high output video lights. I have a BigBlue 8000Lm light that has just replaced a failed HDVSeaTek light - which I am looking to fix. Have put a post in the forum asking for advice on this, so if your willing to help, take a look once the post is approved.

Anyone interested in some underwater footage in NZ and around the Pacific can check out my youtube channel - dont expect anything professional here....but its not half bad content.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsBvbov28klGPXCjFP-3GOA?view_as=subscriber

Look forward to tapping the wealth of knowledge,

Sam

MikeAg03

Newly Enlightened
New diver here... hoping to explore light possibilities, maybe arrange a group buy, and perhaps even build my own at some point.

fso67

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

New board member from the Netherlands. Our native waters are dark and cold, dive lights required on pretty much every dive below 10m. My interest is in learning more about dive lights and currently working on fixing my Halcyon Explorer dive light.

Hope to lean a lot.

Frank

59ride

Enlightened
Been diving now for over 30 years, qualified divemaster, sat my PADI instructor exam, passed but didnt go down the teaching road as too much time spent in a pool. Rinsing off the dive gear, have probably taken the McGizmo Aquaram for over a dozen dives now ranging from a shallow 7 metres to a bit deeper at 35m. Its held up perfectly, works every time and the twisty head is so much easier to use than a clicky. Many thanks Don for a true tool flashlight.
IMG_4574.jpeg