well i just lost an hour of my life

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
but i will get it back in the fall :D

but now it gets darker later :twak: hows a flashoholic suppose to live

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the clocks I have nowadays adjust themselves. At 2 am my computer, ceiling projection clock, cell phone, GPS, and wrist watch all went to 3 am. I only had to update my bedside alarm clock and the clock in my van. When I was a kid at my parents place it took me well over an hour to update something like 30 devices that displayed time. Now the transmitter in Colorado, the GPS satellites overhead, the nearby cell phone towers, and the internet take care of most of it for me.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the clocks don't change with us for another 3 weeks. It always throws me when the time changes, it takes 6 months for things to settle in then bam it changes again.:D

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they'd just let me work 1 hour less during the summer... then I'd get my extra hour of daylight at the end of the day and I wouldn't have to mess with my clocks. :hitit:

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
Clocks? No problem. Some companies are eliminating wall clocks, or at least minimizing the number, to save energy and save time changing them twice a years.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daylight savings was a great idea back in the day.
Now it's an outdated custom that needs to go away.
As long as we still do it, I will complain and fight.
Because a flashaholic such as me has no need for an "extra" hour of light.
:tired:

;)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I worked the midnight shift and got payed for an hour that I wasn't even there!

I was at home, in bed, and still on the clock. The one perk I can come up with. :nana:

jusval

Enlightened
Y'all are changin yer clocks twice a year? No wonder I've been fired from five jobs from bein late!:sigh:

jblackwood

Enlightened
DST have anyone else depressed?

Ok, first off, I know I live in Florida and I consider myself extremely lucky. Not to lord it over anyone that I've never shoveled snow or owned a pair of snow shoes or even had to rake that many leaves. I know I've got it great and I'm not bragging and I don't want the thread to turn into a bashfest on me.

That being said, is anyone else down about the added hour of sunlight there is? I have to get into bed every night by 10 pm. I usually shower and stay in the house by 8 . . . I used to be able to use my lights to go on nice leisurely walks, take out the trash, check the mail, what have you before 8. Now, It's still light out at 7:45! My wife is literally falling asleep at 9 and every time I stay up too late, I pay for it the next day (I'm a teacher!). Is anyone else out there feeling the same way?

cl0123

Enlightened
Re: DST have anyone else depressed?

My town does not exactly observe DST. :whistle:

Look at it this way, I am sure you can find ways to use the flashlights even in the middle of the day, right? Indoor inspection, close quarters trouble-shoots, "search" mission under the heavy table, etc...

Have Fun

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just gives me a reason to stay up later on the weekends to play with, errr I mean use my lights.

What really annoys me is the amount of light polution I have to fight in order to use my lights outdoors.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

DST was originally created to save money on candles. Back about 200 years ago or so, it was a great idea. You get an extra hour of daylight to get your work done.

In this Day & Age, DST is a retarded idea. Other than for a Birthday celebration, I doubt most folks could even tell you the last time they bought candles.

I remember a few years back when Mexico adopted DST as a gesture of good will with America... You had Mexican citizens asking their local officials why they now had to send their children off to school an hour earlier, in the dark.

Some places don't play the DST B.S.

Indiana is either in the Eastern or Central time zones, depending on whether or not DST is in effect in the rest of America.

DST is a long obsolete practice... And yes, it is rather depressing when we can't pull out our lights earlier in the day.

jblackwood

Enlightened

I'm with you, Black Rose. I don't sleep until 5 am on weekends.

cl0123, my wife wants to know if you live in Indiana?

As for day time use, I use my Nitecores all the time during the day, and my room is pretty large (that's a hint as to what subject I teach) but my DBS goes unused for it's 500-600 foot range unlike before the (DST) switch! I do find use when I'm walking the halls, though. The doors at my school have a very narrow slit in them. Usually, I just want to say hi to my friends without interrupting their lessons by opening the door and sticking my fool head in. I can stand at that door forever and they'd never notice me. When I break out my Nitecore D10, (you down with GDP? Yeah you know me!) and give it a CCW 180 degree turn, I signal twice in the window and they look up. One coworker was sitting at her desk today facing the door and I waited for her to look in my direction! I counted a full 30 seconds (which is a long time if you're standing around doing nothing or on your way somewhere) but flashing lights really attract the eye! Especially on full power. I love that signalling function!

jblackwood

Enlightened

Monocrom, +1 on the Balrog avatar (yes I use the original Japanese names). All this week I haven't used my DBS with the Smooth reflector and R2 pill. :(

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, it's got me more angry than depressed. DST is just stupid and disruptive.

Monocrom: Get up-to-date. :p Our retarded governor pushed DST through in '05; we're as whacked up as anyone else now.

The only good thing is that if I ride in to work early, it's still below freezing and dark out. (The dark, hence excuse for flashlights, is the good thing. I actually went shopping this morning early, and used my new Stanley HID as high-beams for my bike. :devil:) The down side is dressing for below freezing, and then riding home when it's 50 out.

:mad: :banghead: !@#^&%* Mitch Daniels!!!

Bruce B

Enlightened

It's got me down, when I get up it's just starting to get light out now instead of being dark an extra hour. :(

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must be the only person around here who enjoys it. I like the extra hour at night to work in the garden, shoot bow, work on and ride the motorcycle and do other things outside in daylight. Sue me, I enjoy doing other things in daylight for that extra hour rather than playing with flashlights in the dark an extra hour.

I especially hate it in the fall in hunting season when they switch it back and it is dark so dang early wrecking my hunting.

Last edited: