wet cell phone.......

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this one
galboulder04lg.jpg

It makes calls from inside a glass of water. Also impervious to baby drool.

gorn

Enlightened
I have fixed half a dozen phones that took a swim. Plus 2 soda pop dunks. All of the water soaked phones were ok with opening them up and using canned air to help them dry out. Of the 2 soda phones, 1 Mt. Dew and 1 Coke, the Mt. Dew was fixed with rinsing then drying. The Coke phone was history. The acid in the drink hosed the electronics.

As I finished this off I remembered a phone that I had to get working. It was a murder victim’s phone that was totally soaked and full of blood. It was found under the victim who had been stabbed about 20 times. I was attempting to recover the information in the phone but had to clean it out. I was able to chip the dried blood out and rinse the still liquid blood out (talk about a biohazard nightmare). I was able to get the phone to work long enough to acquire all the data in its memory.

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
whatever you do to dry out your phone, DON'T use the microwave lol. Someone I know tried that when hers fell in the pool...I was far too late getting to the microwave...:poof: doesn't even begin to cover it...

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
fresh water doesn't always mean the phone will die, salt water, deffinatly bye bye phone.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My wife's phone recently took an ocean dunking. We didn't get it open and rinsed soon enough. Lucky she still had an old phone to reactivate.

Geoff

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost my phone one time, i found it but the morning "dew" took its toll..I wound up buying the exact same phone on ebay, which was snapped in half for $14, i got it in the mail took out the main board, popped it into my phone and presto. worked like new...it was easy to do,,a few torx screws and the screens are attached to the board via a thin electronic ribbon which attatches its "plug" by pressing it into its respective spot. You can do it!!