What’s on your radar?

wjv

wjv

Enlightened
What feature(s) in a light is currently on your radar.

For the past couple of months I have shifted my focus to low lumen lights with longer run times. I just ordered a Fenix LD10 (R5) while it is still available. Its 3-12-45 lumen modes, in a somewhat throwy (is that a real word?) light, and reasonable run times is close to what I have been looking for.

But ideally I’d love to find a light that is either “AA” or CR123, in a natural white tint, that has a lower first and second mode. Twisty preferred but a clicky would also work. Also no SOS/Beacon/Strobe is needed. Something with only 2 or 3 modes like:

M1 = 0.5 – 1 lumens
M2 = around 8 – 12 lumens

And optionally:
M3 = around 25 – 35 lumen max

The LD10 is also a bit thicker and longer than what I consider ideal for a 1xAA light.

I have several lights that go down to single digit lumen modes (3-9), and I had a 47s QTLC. But the 0.25l was too low, and the 4.8l was no different than many of my other lights so. I gave it away.

Recently I bought a ITP A2 eos with three modes: 1.5/18/80. It’s getting closer, but the low and medium are still a bit too high, and the high is way too high!

I’ve been looking for something like I described for quite a while and the LD10 and the ITP A2 are the two closest lights that I have found. It just seems like most companies believe that more lumens are better, and the few companies that trend towards lower lumen lights, go crazy in that direction with 0.09, 0.2 and 0.3 lumen lights.

So what feature(s) have you been looking for, but have yet to find?

What’s on your radar?

H

hkenawy

Newly Enlightened
im thinking about an olight m20 or an elzetta

as soon as the funds are available

buds224

buds224

Enlightened
I've HAD my eye on the Jetbeam RRT01 for the longest time and finally got it a couple of days ago (next gen T6 is what pushed me to buy). Most amazing low performer in terms of choosing brightness. You can literally watch the LED fire up from nothing and ramp up to any setting you want, up to 600lm. It feels very analog since the ramping is so smooth (no sense of digital steps whatsoever).

markr6

markr6

Flashaholic
A 1xAA format with neutral tint. The SC52w is nice, but I would like something with a rear clicky, high quality and leaning more towards flood. I would really like the Fenix LD12 in a neutral tint. I would buy several and call it quits on my 1xAA needs, for now!

p.s. AND A DARN CLIP (my L10 and Xeno E03 lack this, unfortunately)

B

bull_paqqy

Newly Enlightened
Fenix RC15, I need a new night stand light.

Latest posts