What about the Hubblelite?

alberto

Enlightened
I've just gotten interested in the LED stuff, but one of my favorite lights has been the Hubblelite (2001-3A with extra bulb, red lens, etc.). I like it better than the MiniMags I've had. My only complaint is that it's "industrial strength" clip breaks easily.

I haven't seen much mention of the Hubble here in the forums. Does this mean it's not worthy as a serious light? I'd appreciate any comments because I'm considering getting another -- one of the newer models.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do some searches here regarding Hubblelite.

I BELIEVE it is the same as the Pelican lights, but not sure.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I have both.
They look alike but the Hubblelite 2C is much brighter than the Pelican 2C. The Pelican has a nice aluminum reflector compared to the painted plastic on the Hubbelite. Nevertheless, the Hubblelite has a nicer and brighter beam.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm not mistaken, Hubbelite went out of buisness. I thought I read somewhere on the forum not too long ago that there were some legal issues between them and Pelican. Don't know for a fact, but that's what I seem to remember. I do know that places that used to sell Hubbelites don't sell them anymore, and their products were put in "clearance bins", sold out...and haven't been seen since!

PJD

alberto

Enlightened
You may be right about them going out of business because I was out yesterday and checked all the stores where I used to see them, and none could be found.

However, I was in Galyans buying an Infinity Ultra and noticed that they were selling three different versions of what appeared to be brown (not yellow) Hubblelites, but with a Browning (the gun people) name and logo on them. It looks like the older style because the name and logo were on the rear portion, not in the middle. I forgot to check the model number.

I haven't looked at the Pelican. Are they as inexpensive as the Hubblelite was -- less than $20 for the entire kit of extra bulb assembly, red lens, etc.?