What are the best AA and AAA rechargeables?

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
Plan on using these for the kids' toys and my Coast (3 AAA), River Rock lantern (4 AA), and Princeton Tech headlamp (3 AAA).

My guess? Eneloop? Or stick with Lithium for the lights and rechargeable for the toys?

I plan on using the factory charger that comes with the set of batteries and buy more batteries as needed.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/79302

see that top link in this forum, its like a SUPER stickey. "Threads of Interest "

for intermittant use , my ni-mhy enloops are working great, for hard fast couple of day use, the ni-mhy high-caps are still working great for me.

for cheap junk that gets intermittant use , a good $0.25 alkaline, then replacing it before its aged or dead.

For overpriced toys when no power is around , and i have $$$, OR for stuff that very rarely gets used, but needs a LONG life battery , lithium.

for anything i can convert that IS used often, li-ion.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
AJC629 said:
To make a long story short, the Sanyo 2700's for AA???

sure but according to USERS high-caps are not staying charged long enough, after being used many times.

so that is why i say for when your going to USE them.

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, VidPro. Call me a bonehead, but what is 25C?

Sounds as if the Costco bulk pack is the way to go for the kids' "noise makers."

And if I'm going to use a flashlight with a rechargeable, make sure I'm pulling any "hi cap" from the charger right before I head for the weekend camping/ATVing?

And if a light is going to sit on my nightstand and rarely get used, go for the lithium? (I've got the incandescent Scorpion for that:))

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
AJC629 said:
Thanks, VidPro. Call me a bonehead, but what is 25C?

Sounds as if the Costco bulk pack is the way to go for the kids' "noise makers."

And if I'm going to use a flashlight with a rechargeable, make sure I'm pulling any "hi cap" from the charger right before I head for the weekend camping/ATVing?

And if a light is going to sit on my nightstand and rarely get used, go for the lithium? (I've got the incandescent Scorpion for that:))

sounds like the ticket.
25C ??? its either 25* celcius, or its charging a battery at 25 TIMES its capacity. my guess is , its temperature.

20 C = 68 F
25 C = 77 F

basic room temperaturee to us Fair-In-Height folks

OHHH that one i corrected it to $0.25 25 cents.

Last edited:

Supernam

Enlightened
I believe low self discharge is the way to go for important semi frequent usages. I typically reserve alkalines for emergency backups to rechargables. I would only use high capacity nimh's for same week usage. These are great for children's R/C cars, walkie talkies, cameras, and robots. There's just something uncomfortable about leaving fully charged high capacity standard nimh's for longer than a month. I feel as though I have no idea about how much I have left in them. Whereas Eneloops, I know that they can sit for a year and still have a certain amount of charge in them (tested by silverfox?).

Last edited: