Wurkkos

What are your favorite, can't do without lights?

IsaacHayes

Re: What are your favorite, can\'t do without light

Tri-luxIII 20mm 2D mag form factor. Form and the amount and beam of light is perfect for me.

TRC

Re: What are your favorite, can\'t do without lights?

Arc-AAA, and Arc LS.

They still can't be beat for size and form factor, esp., in the Cr123 class the Arc LS with a twist on tail cap.

People still can't believe how much light comes from a 'tiny' Arc LS.

And while I don't EDC it, (althopugh in the winter one lives in a coat pocket) an EternaLight is another 'can't do without' flashlight. Nothing can match it for versatility, and runtime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrMom

Arc AAA I have one on every key chain as well a few on lanyards for when I'm in the woods.

Surefire L4 On my belt in a mag pouch 100% of the time.

Lionheart is with the above lights when I am out in the woods to fill in the throw nitche as well as a long running dim trail light.

Surefires L5 comes out when I need to punch through the dark.

analogguy

At work either one of two flavors of Alephs:
(1)Aleph 1 head with a LUX III with a NG 1000
(2)Aleph 3 head with a LUX III with a DB 917

Fat_Tony

[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
I have better lights, more expensive lights, lights that I am prouder of, but here are the lights that I cannot do without:

Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon Star
Arc AAA Teal(Turquoise,or Cyan or whatever) on my Keychain
Arc AAA Teal(Turquoise,or Cyan or whatever) on my Dogs collar
FireFly I on my keychain
Streamlight keymate as my backup dog;s collar light

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, Budd, your dog EDC's more lights than most non-flashaholics!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MY

Through the years, this question has been asked a lot in different forms and phrases. What is surprising to me is that I remember most people saying in those threads that the ARC AAA was the most popular favorite, can't do without light. While I see a few saying that ARC AAAs are still indespensible, the numbers are very low. I wonder if ARC AAAs are so valuable and somewhat rare that they are now serving self queen duties rather being used as an EDC? In addition, many new folks now populate this forum, most which have never known personnally an ARC AAA.

Regards.

greenlight

I have to give a shout out for my green InovaX1. It's my work-light. For it's brightness level it puts out a great beam. I point 5h!t out to people to get their attention, but try not to blind them.

Jefff

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff, what knife is that?

[/ QUOTE ]
it is a little Gerber Ridge Knife Pretty cool lil knife .. I pulled most of the black finish off it after it got a few knicks

Polar_Hops

Lets see, I always have my arc AAA on a sterling curb necklace, but i dont use it often. i usually use my L4 OR Longbow eco- I like both about the same =)

markdi

my twoh modded arc ls

but I do not carry my arc around

my micro illuminator is a great light especially when it is fed lithium aaa's - it is on my car key ring.

it surprises my friends when it's bright white light blows away their incan mini mags

my vector with a 35 watt dl35 hid mod is very nice

3600 bulb lumens 5.25 inch reflector.

12 cell 4.5ah internal nimh battery

weighs less than 4 pounds and runs for about 1 hr 25 min
on a charge - very bright and so far reliable.
my mom borrows it my 88 year old grandpa uses it
I also use it a lot.

Big_Ed

Right now there are 3 lights I can't do without. First is my Nightcutter P20. It's on my belt in a MiniMag holster everyday at work. I'm glad I got one before Nightcutter stopped making flashlights. Second is my TnC Key-Lux AA 350. It's my new EDC. What a punch from a small package, using a common and cheap AA battery! (Thanks, Chris!). Third is my "go-to" light when I need some serious illumination, my Lux III modded Mag 3D by Third_shift. Man, does that thing throw, and has very bright side spill. (Thanks, Stephen!)
My Arc AAA is on my keychain still, but it doesn't get as much use as it used to. I'm considering retiring it, but I'm unsure right now.

Ilikeshinythings

EDC: Inova XO3. Though I do not carry it every day, if I were to carry a light every day this would be the one.
Show Off: my monster 3D DD TWOK mag. Last night I took it to my beach house and from the 80 foot bluff all the way to the third break I was illuminating whitewater. That's a good 300-400 feet.
Keychain light: blue inova microlight which is probably the most practical of them all to tell you the truth.
Attitude adjustment: Mag 4D incandescent. It's cheap, it's heavy and I'm not afraid to use it!!

Gasguy

Sonic G from county comm, EDC. $1 green led lights with sliding switch, key chain. Favorite dog walking light has to be 2C mag light with 3 cr123 with kpr112 bulb, throw must be 100 yds at least. Work light, Tec 40 with magnum star bulb and nmih AA batts. carried in a ripoffs holster. Ultra G on laynyard in camp gear or bail out bag.

cognitivefun

My L4 with 2 stage McES switch. That would be my one can't-do-without light I would say.

Zelandeth

Was Arc AAA (perpetually on keyring) for EDC, and L2 for when I knew I needed serious light.

Is now the same for EDC, but the L2 has been pushed aside by the Heliotek HTE-1 in the last month or so. That thing's just so darn good at everything!

chamenos

arc AAA, surefire A2, surefire M3, and UKE 4AA eLED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wquiles

- EDC: L4 with 2 stage McES switch (10ohm) running on 1 RC123
- P90/P91 on 6P with 2xRC123's
- Modded 1000mA KL6 on L6 or M4 body
- Custom 1000mA "W" LV for Turbo Head on L6 or M4 body
- 3 cell D M*g DD with 11000mAH with "U" LIII

Will

BuddTX

[ QUOTE ]
Fat_Tony said:
[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
I have better lights, more expensive lights, lights that I am prouder of, but here are the lights that I cannot do without:

Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon Star
Arc AAA Teal(Turquoise,or Cyan or whatever) on my Keychain
Arc AAA Teal(Turquoise,or Cyan or whatever) on my Dogs collar
FireFly I on my keychain
Streamlight keymate as my backup dog;s collar light

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, Budd, your dog EDC's more lights than most non-flashaholics!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Fat Tony,

You take care of "dat ting"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The ARC AAA is "mounted" on a seperate collar, and hangs loose, and swivils, and is always "under her neck" facing forward.

The BACKUP light, is that streamlight, that has a wonderful, tight, clip that works wonderfully well on a dog collar, it stays on tight:
strkeysil.jpg

The Streamlight stays in my glove compartment in case I cannot find my other light.

I am thinking about adding a coin cell light on her collar for true EDC carry, that way, any time I need to run her off the leash, I can turn on a light.

Jack Russel Terriers can go anywhere, and get into places that you could not imagine, so the light is necessary!

Latest posts