What are your favorite Single-AA lights?

Delta

I would LOVE to order some lights...been eyeballing the Ultrafire C3 from DX.....what a novelty it would be if I could ACTUALLY GET ON THE [email protected] SITE! What is up with that place? It's been days!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

I only have three.

#1 Original CMG Infinity Ultra. Not terribly bright, but stone reliable and built like a tank!

#2 Dorcy 1AA 3LED. Again not very bright, but seemingly as reliable as the CMG and somewhat as tank like.

#3 Task Force 1W. Much improved with IMS16 reflector, pretty good brightness and seems pretty tough. Don't know about the tailswitch for the long term.

bondr006

Delta said:
I would LOVE to order some lights...been eyeballing the Ultrafire C3 from DX.....what a novelty it would be if I could ACTUALLY GET ON THE [email protected] SITE! What is up with that place? It's been days!

Yeah DX is a real PITA. Been trying to check on my order and it seems it's going to let me in, just to see that stupid timed out screen again. It takes patience and persistence to get in that place. I think both DX and Kaidomain need to get some new servers.

LightScene

bondr006 said:
Yeah DX is a real PITA. Been trying to check on my order and it seems it's going to let me in, just to see that stupid timed out screen again. It takes patience and persistence to get in that place. I think both DX and Kaidomain need to get some new servers.
The problem is that they are under attack. They are probably being extorted. Meaning the attackers demand to get paid before their sites will work properly again.

moses

Millerlight 3 stage Fenix Mod

Millerlight (Eric) did two units for me using a Fenix L1P. 3 stage, 1.8 watts max on regular NiMh on one of units. The dimmest stage is plenty bright for night adjusted eyes and last 20 hours or so using rechargeables. I also believe that Millerlight's circuits are the most efficient currently - about 80% at 1.8 watts, and higher at lower power.

In time, I plan to upgrade the emitters to some super duper bright LEDs but for now, it's been my daily carry.

Mo

Blindasabat

PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
#1 Original CMG Infinity Ultra. Not terribly bright, but stone reliable and built like a tank!
#2 Dorcy 1AA 3LED. Again not very bright, but seemingly as reliable as the CMG and somewhat as tank like.
Ahh, the 1AA Dorcy, my first LED. The bad: Blue tint and not so tough as the CMG (I have a non-Ultra) to me. Finicky to set up the switch to work momentary, thin walled AL, mediocre threads, super skimpy lanyard 'loop?'
The good: Momentary twisty, long life, and a nice rubber sleeve for bite hold, I will never sell it. It's worth $25 to me for nostalia, but only $5 to anybody else.

Patriot

I received my Lumapower F1 yesterday which I picked up from another CPF member for $37 bucks in new condition. I'm very happy with this light so far. It's built like a tank and much heavier than the L1DCE. It doesn't have all the output features of the Fenix, but is simplistic and robust. I think that I like it better than the Fenix. It has more character.

popeye

I just got my inova X1 today and it seems pretty dim with a hint of green tint. I compared to my fenix L2D on low and the L2D is brighter. any comments on if this seems right? just thoght the X1 with 2Watt would have been brighter

greenLED

I've been using a Fenix L1D-CE for a couple of days now and am liking it very much.

I also have a bunch of CMG Infinities, Infinity Ultras, and Ultra-G's, but I guess those and some of the other ones I like have already been mentioned. Oh, but there's a red CMG Infinity Task Light that I absolutely love!!

alohasurftoad

jetbeam mkIIx w/14500 protected rechargeble. this light would be perfect without the advanced mode on the UI. something like 70%,40%,10%,100%, strobe,sos would've been perfect.

Abumustafa

Last edited:

Latest posts