What can out throw a SF M3T for less $$ and about the same size?

mdocod

Flashaholic
Wait, I thought HOLAs don't improve throw (as with the P60/61)
In most of the surefire line, this is true- not sure how the M3T comes into the equation... what I do know is that the standard M3, (non-turbo) with the standard LOLA, has the same overall output and about 25% less throw (lux in center) than a TL-3... So since the turbo version would obviously throw a decent amount more than the standard, logically, the M3T would be almost identical in actual use to a TL-3 in the throw department.

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
Your HOLA (MN16) will throw a farther beam than the LOLA (MN15) in your C3 with a KT2 or M3T. The MN16's beam pattern will be rounder and larger due to a different filiment shape but because of more lumens it will throw farther. If you havent yet tried a MN16 in your light I would suggest you do. I prefer it over the MN15 and I think you would be happy with the throw.

carrot

Flashaholic
I love the HOLA for the M3T. The LOLA is a bit unimpressive, but the HOLA eats batteries and puts out a lot more light.

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
GarageBoy said:
I like my C3T and all, but after $200, the only thing going for it is the size. Anything similar that'll smoke it in the throw dept?

A M*g (there I go again!) 2-C w/ 3xCR123, and a potted CA1499. With a glass lens and an FM reflector of course.

Total price, about $50 before the flashlight.

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
search_and_rescue said:
and the 6D Mag is much bigger in size
That's why I'd recommend the Mag 2C with 3xCR123 (or Wolf-Eyes rechargeables) and a 5C/D (7.5V) krypton bulb. It's cheap and you can still play LEGO with it. Just put a Magled 3V Led in the tailcap and use it with 2 C cells or even 2 AAs if you have to.
I love my Maglite 2C! Because it's so versatile, I hereby name it the iMag!

buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif