What Cell Phone you use???

daimleramg

Banned
Oh man sooooo spot on!!!! I had a curve for a little while and it could barely last 2 days with my use.. and I use less than 60 minutes talking.. a month... That's another reason I gave it up so quick..

My next phone will be the X1.. the G1 is just holding me over until I have money to throw at a X1..

Quoted for the 100% TRUTH!

Finally someone here knows about cellphones, I was starting to think flashaholics around here have their noses burried so far down their bezels that they won't even spend a small amount of time researching about phones.

D.B.

Newly Enlightened
Upgraded to a G1 recently. I had been pining for an iPhone, but just couldn't come to terms with needing to switch carriers or take my chances with a hacked phone, and then the G1 appeared. Everything I could want from an iPhone and more. Will definitely be upgrading to the next gen. once I wear this one out.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a Razr V3xx for the last few years, and it got me by, but I really like my new Nokia E66. It really does everything I want from a phone. I never used the symbian platform before now and think its a winner. I used palm OS phones before, and a few Windows mobile ones, but the Symbian OS really shines on this type of device.

The E66 isn't very popular, its like a E71 but with a slide and no querty. For me its a winner.

concept0

Enlightened
My fiance and I both use Nokia N95s for now...

But we have N97s (US version) on preorder... Touch screen and keyboard, yeah baby!

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a lot more high end nokias here than I expected. I about choked when I realized what the e66 I wanted was going to cost, but it has been such a great phone I don't mind now...

bhds

Enlightened
How are you liking the S60 Touch OS?

Its a mixed bag. Definitely not up to IPhone standards as far as ease of use. With that said, I have tried the e65, e51 and n79, the 5800 is much easier to use as a smartphone than any of them. I really like the power of having a pda bundled with my cell phone. It's something I have been wanting for a long time.:twothumbs

concept0

Enlightened
Its a mixed bag. Definitely not up to IPhone standards as far as ease of use. With that said, I have tried the e65, e51 and n79, the 5800 is much easier to use as a smartphone than any of them. I really like the power of having a pda bundled with my cell phone. It's something I have been wanting for a long time.:twothumbs

Cool... I'm really digging the home screen widgets. Can't wait to get my N97!

daimleramg

Banned
1 week old Nokia 5800. Whetting my appetite for the Samsung Omnia HD.:popcorn:

I waited from July 2008 till Jan 2009 for the Samsung Omnia to come out with a North American GSM version but they never did they only released the North American CDMA version, I hope they don't do the same with the Omnia HD. Rumors say they might release a WinMo 7 version next year but who knows just a rumor.

MKLight

Enlightened
I prefer the Win Mobile devices.
HTC Touch, Samsung ACE

Hey! I have a Verizon Samsung Omnia. It is a Windows 6.1 Mobile phone and runs Opera and IE. I can't post on CPF with either. I asked Verizon today, but they weren't sure. Is anyone else having a problem? Is there a quick fix?

Thanks,
Mike

Egsise

Banned
Old Nokia N70(+LD-3W), it's my street navigator, GPS with maps, MP3 and video player, still/video camera, instant messenger(IRC FTW!), email, web, games(scummvm is great to emulate old Lucasarts games like Monkey Island etc.), calendar, fm radio.
Oh yeah, sms and phonecalls are also supported.

MKLight

Enlightened
Just a little test posting from my Winmo 6.1 HTC Touch Pro...

If you read this, it worked :)

used Opera for my previous message btw....

I still can't. I tried changing the settings within Opera and in the Windows Settings menu. I'm not sure...I noticed on Windows Mobile's website that there are 2 updates...1 being a patch. Maybe that will work for this? I know it's a far stretch, but maybe?

Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts