16Gb memory
windows phone (6.5)

It kicks every Iphone big time, I like it verry much :D:D
See it on youtube

Greetz Johan

Last edited:

MKLight

Enlightened
Man, that HD2 is frickin beautiful. Where and how much!?

bhds,

That's not mine, but here's some more info about it. That website along with this one are helpful in regards to cell phones. The first is a little less biased than the second, but both have been helpful.

Good luck!
MK
P.S. In addition to that phone, the new Android/Google phones are interesting, as well. HTC is just starting to get into that OS.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Omg, wish I hadn't seen this thread. lol

When I'm not surfing CPF these's a good chance I'm surfing howardsforums. For years now I have had to read and follow and help in finding tiny fixes in code from roms in such phones as moto 715, e815, V9m and using all sorts of utilities to carefully read save copies and then edit the phones in order to just inable in many cases things that were meant to work but had been disabled by the carrier, in my case VZW.

After many hours of applying seem edits with fingers crossed so as not to brick ones cell, I could teather it to my notebook via bluetooth or usb. Grab a quick look at the live traffic maps for Houston to avoid a wreck and the list goes on. Howards forums is an incredable place much like CPF. ')

For the last 2 weeks I have been set free after grabbing one of the first open source cells that VZ has ever offered. I speak of the Motorola Droid and with my new every 2 discount it was only $99.
Now I am a computer guy and know better than jumping onboard first anything, always wait untill ver 1.02 or whatever comes out, I know. But I have been waiting and watching sinse the release of the first G1 phone and although the Droid is new it is actually about the 5th or 6th variation of such a phone in a new package running Android 2.0 which btw you can download for free the SDK "software development kit" and actually run a clone of your cell on your desktop or notebook. It is wild and just wish I could see and think as good as I could 20yrs ago.. lol

Anywho, I got to get to the poolhall or I'll be in trouble, but for any that or interested just google moto droid.

If any are interested I will be happy to post up some pics, links, etc..

Thanks all and Happy Thanksgiving. lovecpf
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

MKLight

Enlightened
X/Billy D,

The Droid looks like an awesome phone. I haven't seen it in person yet...and I'm trying to hold off...VZW has sent me an early upgrade post card and a couple emails so far asking me to upgrade. Those "expiration" dates are for 1/31/10. Also, I've had my phone for just under a year...interesting. VZW must be getting a kickback from Motorola. Either way, CONGRATS on a great purchase! :party:

MK

X_Marine

Enlightened
X/Billy D,

The Droid looks like an awesome phone. I haven't seen it in person yet...and I'm trying to hold off...VZW has sent me an early upgrade post card and a couple emails so far asking me to upgrade. Those "expiration" dates are for 1/31/10. Also, I've had my phone for just under a year...interesting. VZW must be getting a kickback from Motorola. Either way, CONGRATS on a great purchase! :party:

MK
Thanks dude, and wow,, I agree they must be getting something to be pushing that early.
Like I mentioned I grabbed the first ver which is actually blooming in my hand. It is just incredible how fast things are developing for the Android OS.

Here's a tip, I do graphics etc and have access to tons of photos, yadayada.
I have yet to find a nicer wallpaper than the photo Newbie took back when he won the 2006Lumi Award.. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1788285&postcount=40 the link to the large ver is just under the pic. It's the last pic in gold..

Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

MKLight

Enlightened
Thanks dude, and wow,, I agree they must be getting something to be pushing that early.
Like I mentioned I grabbed the first ver which is actually blooming in my hand. It is just incredible how fast things are developing for the Android OS.

Here's a tip, I do graphics etc and have access to tons of photos, yadayada.
I have yet to find a nicer wallpaper than the photo Newbie took back when he won the 2006Lumi Award.. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1788285&postcount=40 the link to the large ver is just under the pic. It's the last pic in gold..

Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

You're welcome! That's a beautiful picture! The Android OS looks awesome. Among many apps, I really like Pandora. The Android App looks great...the WinMo isn't as good. Overall, I think WinMo is here to stay, as are BlackBerry and Apple, but I think Palm is going to be left behind. Who knows, though...I'm looking at one of the VZW mailers right now...lol

daimleramg

Banned
HTC HD2 :D

htchd2.jpg

1gHz processor
4,3" capacitive screen
16Gb memory
windows phone (6.5)

It kicks every Iphone big time, I like it verry much :D:D
See it on youtube

Greetz Johan

Very nice phone, I am a big fan of windows mobile myself. but those iPhone users will say "omg windows mobile is not user friendly" because it is not stupid user friendly... lol... The only thing holding me back from buying this phone is it doesnt have North American 3G specifically 850MHZ.

X_Marine

Enlightened

SUBjohan

Newly Enlightened
Very nice phone, I am a big fan of windows mobile myself. but those iPhone users will say "omg windows mobile is not user friendly" because it is not stupid user friendly... lol... The only thing holding me back from buying this phone is it doesnt have North American 3G specifically 850MHZ.

I heard that there would come a North American version of the HD2 in Q1 2010.:thinking:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Samsung E105 model.

An older, no-frills type, cellphone.

Works very well for making calls. Very thin and compact. Finding a good-quality, generic, aftermarket, belt case for it was very easy. Best part is, you barely notice this light-weight phone on your belt when carrying it. Battery life is outstanding.

I've owned fancier cellphones. I'm mainly interested in a cellphone that doesn't take up too much space on my belt, and that works very reliably when I need to make a call.

Also, no pre-paid phones for me. If your credit is good enough to avoid needing to use a pre-paid phone, then avoid it. It's amazing how creative those hidden fees are on pre-paid phones.

EDIT ~

Here's a pic:
e105.jpg

Last edited:

joshconsulting

Enlightened
Yay for a 3GS. I laugh at those who say iPhone is for stuipd mac users. Having built several dozen fairly nice windows systems (latest in sig), I don't seem to fit the sterotype in that I'm somewhat of a geek :)

With that being said, show me something your phone can do that my jailbroken 3gs cannot. The only disadvantage is that the screen is slightly smaller then the HTC Touch, an 800x600 would be nice :poke:.

Still, I can do *everything* with it. Nowdays I spend half of my time in the command shell. I run my personal web server off of it, and it serves as my 24\7 torrenting box set to download off of my wireless network and store on my networked drives.

A perfect example: today, my wonderful Comcast 50 down\10 up connection went belly-up thanks to the massive ice storms here in northern US, so I'm both snowed in and semi-internetless. I modified my 3GS carrier config file through the Linx command shell in literally 10 seconds to let me tether my computer to 3G, so I'm currently running on a paltry 2.4 down \ .4 [snicker] up connection.

You may laugh at the speed, but hey - it loads web pages fast, lets me stream youtube\hulu and generally gets the job done. And everywhere within a 50 mile radius of my house gets 3g, often breaking 3.0 Mb\s on speedtest.net. I love the reception and service in general. I get 3 bars in my basement bomb shelter (house was built in the 60-70s) with 8" concrete on every side.

uberkiller

Newly Enlightened
nnRYVi8wX5yySMrzobX1Vw

Sprint HTC Hero US

Been using since november seems pretty rugged so far, only has on-screen keyboard, screen is a bit smaller than iphone on all dimensions. Iphone is easier to use IMO maybe cause it has a faster processor than the hero. Firmware is 1.5 at the moment but will be uptaded to 2.0+ soon. Battery only makes it through one day with bluetooth, gps, and wifi all off. If wifi or gps is on, maybe half a day? Just remember to turn them off when your not using them.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Droiiiiid here. I was due for as new phone for about 6 months but Verizon only had other windows mobile phones and I was waiting for something decent and grabbed a droid on the release day.