What did the EDC forumms cost you when CPF was down?

Manzerick

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

Like many of you, I was surfing the EDC forums while we were out of service. (A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE EDC FORUMS!!)

Now for the question: What did it cost you? Did anyone find item(s) to purchase while the torch bug was suppressed?

Below is the list of stuff that I got caught up in and bought:

1) Atwood Prybaby

2) 2 x Rat wallets by Maxpedition

3) Cocoon Pouch by Maxpedition

4) Leatherman type tool by Winchester to keep in my backpack (I'm sure I would have walked by the tool had it not been for EDC forums LOL

Anyone else brave enough to admit they also have a problem? :lolsign:

Last edited:
matrixshaman

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I added 1 or 2 items to my want list but I was already familiar with most of what's there and have been an EDCaholic for a long time. It's good the check in there once in a while though to see if anything new has come up. I think oregon's keychain regular fuel lighter is the biggest thing to hit my EDC in quite a while. And you can't beat the price.

Manzerick

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree.. I check in a few times a week now. I was already a member before our outage but never looked at it in such detail.

The Prybaby is impressive!!

Ohh... to add to the list

2 x Ti bottle openers for my keychain! I knew there was more LOL

I think I added 1 or 2 items to my want list but I was already familiar with most of what's there and have been an EDCaholic for a long time. It's good the check in there once in a while though to see if anything new has come up. I think oregon's keychain regular fuel lighter is the biggest thing to hit my EDC in quite a while. And you can't beat the price.

Fallingwater

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I resisted to the EDC-mania. It wasn't very hard, since I already have everything that IMO it makes sense to EDC. :p

Eric242

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a few lanyard skulls from thelanyardzone, probably about $40. That´s it. Like Fallingwater I already got what I use for EDC so it was easy not to spend my bucks over there.

Eric

Manzerick

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
$40 isn't too bad!!! You did good!

I had to restrain myself to not buy the $500 messenger bag they had over there. It looked awesome but... can I really justify it? (kinda LOL)..

it was fun to read about EDC'ing and I will def. keep looking into stuff over there!!!

I just bought a few lanyard skulls from thelanyardzone, probably about $40. That´s it. Like Fallingwater I already got what I use for EDC so it was easy not to spend my bucks over there.

Eric

Oddjob

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC forums renewed my interest in watches so I went out and spent $40.00 on new batteries and bands for some of my watches that have been in my drawer. I am now dreaming about a really nice new dive watch but I'm :broke:.

Manzerick

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohh ya.. i got the watch bug too... I hope to save for a nice time piece... But....

I need to stop buying stuff first!!!! :lolsign:

EDC forums renewed my interest in watches so I went out and spent $40.00 on new batteries and bands for some of my watches that have been in my drawer. I am now dreaming about a really nice new dive watch but I'm :broke:.

C

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EDC forum cost me less than if I had been on the CPF forum during the same time :D

WhatMACHI

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
Lol, lets hope CPF and EDC dont go down at the same time so you get shoved into head-fi.org/forums :p

Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
It didn't cost me anything! :crackup::crackup: A little inside humor for you!

Fallingwater

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, lets hope CPF and EDC dont go down at the same time so you get shoved into head-fi.org/forums
Heh. I know people who have pretty much said goodbye to their entire income after finding out about head-fi.
They were useful to me as I discovered the Sennheiser CX300 canalphones, but I've stopped there. I love music but I'm not much of a head-fier; higher-grade headphones would be wasted on me.

carrot

carrot

Flashaholic
Well, I'm normally on EDCF a lot, but while CPF was down I ended up buying 3 new Spyderco knives. Including another Dodo for me!

Manzerick

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
You my friend are as bad as me!

I must say, the Atwood Prybaby is great!!! The Stainless one may be too heavy (see my keychain thread LOL) and the Ti maybe in order :)

Well, I'm normally on EDCF a lot, but while CPF was down I ended up buying 3 new Spyderco knives. Including another Dodo for me!