What did you use your flashlight for today?

gkbain

Newly Enlightened
Dropped on of my Sr. Citizen drugs on the floor under the bed. Picked up my Jetbeam PC10 case solved.

bietjiedof

Newly Enlightened
Woo hoo - I had an occasion to use my EDC for real this evening. I'm currently on assignment in Jakarta, working for an international agency that is based in a high-rise building in the city centre. It seems I was the last person in the office because suddenly the lights went out! It took me a couple of seconds to realise it wasn't a power outage - the security people had locked up! I went out into the hall and through two sets of glass doors I could see the security staff - in their street clothing - waiting for the elevators. I rapped on the glass but they didn't hear me. So I gave them a flash with my D25C (ahem, Ti, not that it matters - 700 lumens with 16340, in case you were wondering) and they definitely noticed! However, from their faces I guessed they thought it was a poltergeist - they couldn't see me - so I turned the flashlight on myself, and bingo! Big smiles, lots of apologies, and no need for me to find out the hard way whether the electronic locks had been disconnected, or who I could phone to rescue me.

Last edited:

glg20

Newly Enlightened
I was up early this morning. I sometimes hit the deer feeder located in the back yard with the ole C2 Centurion. Recently acquired a LX2 Lumamax and lit up the feeder. Big doe staring back at me. The new LX2 really lit her up. Really like my new Surefire.

Last winter

Slazmo

Enlightened
Finding stock that had fallen behind our totally useless shelving at work - no rear bars to stop light bulbs and other stuff falling to its peril and there is no real way to get them back...

My manager was trying to see what had fallen down but he was complaining how dark it was behind the shelves - soon after his poor effort out comes the EDC and boom. "Why are you carrying a flashlight"? Well we found the stock - maybe a good couple of hundred dollars all wasting on the floor...

It pays to have a torch on you for sure - but the look I got is certainly not worth it! Sometimes being useful does not pay at all...

Ishango

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
It pays to have a torch on you for sure - but the look I got is certainly not worth it! Sometimes being useful does not pay at all...

This was posted on the Flashlight reddit yesterday and describes this a bit: http://i.qkme.me/3umut8.jpg

I used my Maglite Pro to look for something in the attic. I gave away my older LD10 R4 to my sister since she was interested in a nice flashlight. I kept the LD10 R5 for myself. Also gave away some other older lights yesterday.

NowIC

Enlightened
This morning my wife said, "hey honey, you got a flashlight?" We both laughed out loud. I said, "you need a bright one?" Knowing better (I accidentally hit her in the eyes with a beam as she came around the corner into my office just last night), she said, "oh no!" Ha! Anyway, we used the light to investigate a bump on pup's belly. Turned out to be a nipple :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This morning my wife said, "hey honey, you got a flashlight?" We both laughed out loud. I said, "you need a bright one?" Knowing better (I accidentally hit her in the eyes with a beam as she came around the corner into my office just last night), she said, "oh no!" Ha! Anyway, we used the light to investigate a bump on pup's belly. Turned out to be a nipple :)

LOL

Always a relief when a concern-inducing bump turns out to just be a stray nipple. :thumbsup:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from my evening 100 meter bike ride.

Helmet [CHECK]
Seat on 1st post setting [CHECK]
Skiing goggles [CHECK]
Flashlight (do you even need to ask?)
180 RPM gear ratio? [CHECK]

Heavy on the strobe to clear the path. That's just how I roll.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Had to use my L2M to assist in cleaning a 3D Maglite that caught the alkaleaks epidemic.

The early diagnosis resulted in the flashlights life being spared. A little bit scarred for life but is alive and well for now (until the next leak).

Bacon

Newly Enlightened
I thew my flashlight in the air and blew it to pieces. At least in my day dream...
I'm "pimping my ride" and it doesn't feel like turning on after glue and solder :(

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much you can do if me and my zebralight go full speed the wrong way at the skating rink.

Arms swinging, zebralight blinking, going for the concourse skating speed record.

Cape Tuesdays in full effect.

teamde78

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I used my Jet Beam PC20 to go on a night hike with my buddies!

Great little light with multiple options for a myriad of night time hiking trails!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
azahapag.jpg

Outside light blew just as we turned the BBQ on...I hung my Quark mini CR2 from a piece of string. Doing the trick at the moment :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2