What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Reached for the nearest light, my Craftsman 2AA LED model w/ fish-eye optic (a re-branded 2AA Dorcy light) and ...

Well, mom was there. She had oral surgery today. Two back teeth removed. Apparently mom's roots are super deep. Oral surgeon struggled getting them out. Lead to lots of blood. Wouldn't stop bleeding even hours later. Mom had applied a third thick patch of gauze in her mouth. Finally, no blood on her tongue. So, just to confirm that the bleeding stopped; I used my light to look inside her mouth. Not exactly a pretty picture when blood goes from dark red to basically black. But that's supposed to be normal. Confirmed that she was no longer bleeding from the top, back, of her mouth on the left side.

Richub

Enlightened
Last evening when I got home my neighbor was swearing because his key ring fell apart and he was trying to find the loose keys in his dark front garden.

I whipped out my TK35, turned it on to help him find his keys, and blasted our eyes out.... It was still on turbo, LOL.

Samy

Enlightened
I found a Sugar Glider or Squirrel Glider dancing in the trees in my front yard. It appeared to be catching and eating insects: I used my TK41 to help the camera:

sugarglider_zps8b1ecab4.jpg

cheers

Last edited:

Theron

Newly Enlightened
"trips"... plural ?

If it's more than 1 a night .......... see a doctor !

~

Depends more on when you intake your fluids. If you drink a half gallon of water before bed, you will visit the toilet more than once a night. That doesn't necessarily mean you are unhealthy.

kj2

Flashaholic
Used my Sunwayman D40A to walk the dog. And at the end of my walk, I helped animal-rescue to look for a bird, that had been hit by a car. They had a Maglite, so there wasn't much light- until I turned on my D40A :D

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
We had a strong storm the other day so I tested my PD32UE, Rayovac LED lantern and Defiant 3C LED flashlight. Yeah they're still ready. :)

Last edited:

davyro

Enlightened
I't's a very clear night outside in the N/E of England tonight so i'll be going out star gazing later on so i'll have at least 3 lights with me as i'll be going where's there's as little light pollution as possible.:D

Roanqoan

Newly Enlightened
Was on stage doing a quick line check and was getting no sound from my guitar. Crowd was waiting, band panicking. Used my fenix ld 15 on my keys to find the loose connection and proceeded to rock out!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I had a cable guy over to install the new internet connection and TV cable. Unfortunately, I didn't really amaze him since I used an IFE2 to spot the phone outlets myself (never had any use for a land line) and my H52d to clean the wall behind the couch while it was pulled out.

Today I needed a light to spot a brush under the sink, which was all the way into the corner. I left the flashlight in the kitchen drawer, which is pretty much the only area that didn't have a light at arm's reach.

hangdogdaddy38

Newly Enlightened
I used my Rofis TR31C today to inspect lubricator bowls and air regulators on the assembly line where I'm a mechanic. I'm very pleased with the performance of the light and think it is going to be an excellent work light.

Richub

Enlightened
Last night I heard another loud clatter and loud voices in front of my house, and remembering the last time, I ran downstairs with my TK35 again...

Only this time it was four men, as drunk as you can imagine, trying to get home after a party on two bicycles.
The 2 guys driving were too drunk to realize they needed to actually compensate for the weight of the guy sitting on the back.
Nobody was hurt, they just almost peed their pants from laughter as they still somehow realized they made quite a silly picture crawling around on the pavement, trying to get back on those bikes, and tumbling all over the pavement again.

They say drunk people rarely get hurt while falling. Well, now I know its true! ;)

Ah, this thread is about flashlight use: I did use that TK35 once yesterday. One guy lost his glasses, and I lit up the pavement so he could pick them up again without rolling over on them.

nickso

Newly Enlightened
Went to a party on a pontoon boat 2 days ago and took a Nitecore SRT5. 1/2 of the lights were out on the boat and my light was used for many functions.
It was used to assist placing candles on the cake, mixing multiple drinks, reading party trivia answers, finding a lost earring, hooking up the DJ equipment and assisting the boat owner with seeing the dock on arrival.
I can't tell you the number of times that cell phones were attempted to be used as lights.

And of course my wife thought it was crazy for me to bring a light when we left for the party.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
I'm on holiday in a static Caravan in North Wales, the bathroom of which has a bust light. I'll report it in the morning - in the meantime been using either my Maratac AA or Nitecore D10 R2 tailstanding so I can, er, see what I'm doing. Almost tempting not to report it to give me an excuse to use my lights!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

zeedeegood

Newly Enlightened
Power outage and grabbed my Fenix E01 in a pouch close by, ready for such an emergency. Epic FAIL, no longer working and I've used it maybe once. After stumbling around in the dark, found the home depot cheapies. Battery in the EO1 was just fine, put multiple fresh ones in and after some sputtering it went out for good. Will have to see how their customer service handles it and if it's even worth while for 12.50. It's just the principle of it.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Was calibrating a low light shooting range, and used the DEFTX and some other lights to raise the lux levels on various targets until the shooters who were using a variety of scopes claimed they could take a shot at that lux. All shots were at 200 meter targets last night at least.

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Lol, I had a great experience over the weekend at the drag strip. The strip we were at (Byron, IL) did not have any lighting, and we had a large group of cars for Subaru Shootout running (90+). Well we ran until the last second of fading light, so awards were done in the pitch black (no wired lights anywhere). When I got there there were about a dozen people trying to light up the awards with cell phone lights. I glanced over at my buddy who knew what I was carrying, and he simply said ... 'do it'. So without warning, dark became light, and the full force of a TK75 L2 on full turbo mode blew away any semblance of darkness. There was an audible gasp from about a dozen people from the shock of the brightness which was amazing. I ran that light at full steam for 40+ minutes for the awards. Afterwards I used it as an ambient light on medium mode pointed up at one of the easy-up's we had (we were camping overnight) and it served is a beacon for our camp all night long.

I passed out my TK35 and PD35 as people needed lights during the night and everyone was shocked by them. It was a good night for sure.

Sgt Lumpy

Newly Enlightened
MiniMag/Terralux:

and

$4 WalMart UV:

Took both, along with my 12" hemostat, out to feed horses. Every time you open a gate or pass a block wall "coin", you have to shine the UV to find Scorpions. If you find one, shine the visible light to be sure you're not reaching through a Black Widow web.

Clobber/squeeze the scorpion with the huge hemostats and then drop it's nearly dead carcass into the nearest Widow Web where she immediately darts to the treat and begins eating.

Scan around the edges of the property for owls (good, they take snakes) and Coyotes (bad they take dogs). Lighting up the Coyotes is pretty useless. They just look at you as if to say "Hey, turn that darn thing off".

Repeat all the above virtually every night during the hot season, which is roughly 364 days out of the year here in Phoenix.

Sgt Lumpy