What did you use your flashlight for today?

Porkfat

Newly Enlightened
I walk through a field from where I park to my house. In order to avoid the little brown gifts critters tend to leave along the way, I used a Streamlight Protac HL to light the way.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Found out yesterday that I need bifocals, so I went to an optical store and picked out glasses as well as prescription sunglasses. The saleslady mentioned that trying to locate my pupil so that the transition could be properly located would be a challenge with the sunglasses. I took my Surefire EB1 out, set it for low constant on, and shined it up underneath the lens. This made her job much easier and will therefore probably provide me with a better result.

weez82

Enlightened
This is kinda embarrassing but whatever. I had to use my Xeno E03 as a nightlight last night so I could sleep. I dont know why but if it's too dark in the room I have a hard time sleeping. I was tossing and turning for about an hour so, I grabbed the Xeno and tail stood it on low mode. Passed out within minutes :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used my Defiant 3C LED flashlight to illuminate some unbelievably small printing on an electronic component so I could read it. This was a bit of overkill but it was the closest light I had at the moment.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I keep a stock 2D incandescent pewter M@glite above my desk, just in case.

Grabbed it a few minutes ago to shine on the carpeted floor in front of my feet, at my desk. Could have sworn I saw something small and a bit odd near my feet. Turns out I was wrong.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Used my new HDS CRI 120 the other night, spotted eight racoons sitting around,which was quite a site. They scampered up the trees and walls when I put it on max.

joeinid

Newly Enlightened
That's cool. I like to see the soft glow of a low light bouncing off the ceiling. It works much better than a room light and it's more soothing.

This is kinda embarrassing but whatever. I had to use my Xeno E03 as a nightlight last night so I could sleep. I dont know why but if it's too dark in the room I have a hard time sleeping. I was tossing and turning for about an hour so, I grabbed the Xeno and tail stood it on low mode. Passed out within minutes :)

OCD

Enlightened
Something a little less mundane today. Had a fire in the offices at my work yesterday afternoon. Used my HDS 200 clicky to look at the damagae when I got to work before light this morning as the power was off in that part of the building. Later in the day, a co-worker and I were tasked with moving one of our copier/printers from the area where the fire occured so it could be used (it wasn't close enought to the fire to be damaged by heat or water, just covered in soot.) The copier is very large and sections must be removed in order to move it. Out came the HDS agian and I started looking to see what needed to be disconnected. I looked at my co-worker and asked if he wanted a flashlight too. He said "sure". So out came my Lumintop Tool AAA and we proceded disassembling. With two lights, we made quick work of it and got the job done.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used my Defiant 3C LED again to look for a couple of tiny phillips screws that I dropped on the floor while disassembling a PAR38 LED lamp. Found 'em, put the lamp back together and it still works.
:)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last Friday night my Girls (ages 5 and 6), their uncle Bert, and I were walking home from the pizza parlor and it was dark. They said "Daddy, give us a flashlight!" I handed over my Titan and EB1 so they could lead the way. Along the way they figured out the switching and they were flashing away on high. Years from now I will smile as I fondly remember where those character marks came from!

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Used a Fenix TK15 R5 at full power to scare off some kids trying to enter my neighbor's back garden by scaling the back fence. They're on holiday until the end of this week so I keep an eye out.

Tracker II

Enlightened
For the past, my wife and I have been using an HDS Sytems, high CRI clicky to go out and shine a momma deer and her youngin' bedding down in our backyard. It's really fun to put our shoes and wonder if they will be there or not when we go out. We keep the light low enough not to disturb or blind them, and it doesn't seem to bother them at all as they stay where they are and keep coming back.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last Friday night my Girls (ages 5 and 6), their uncle Bert, and I were walking home from the pizza parlor and it was dark. They said "Daddy, give us a flashlight!" I handed over my Titan and EB1 so they could lead the way. Along the way they figured out the switching and they were flashing away on high. Years from now I will smile as I fondly remember where those character marks came from!

Way to go! Build our community by educating those who will succeed us!

For the past, my wife and I have been using an HDS Sytems, high CRI clicky to go out and shine a momma deer and her youngin' bedding down in our backyard. It's really fun to put our shoes and wonder if they will be there or not when we go out. We keep the light low enough not to disturb or blind them, and it doesn't seem to bother them at all as they stay where they are and keep coming back.

For the past how long??? the suspense is killing me! It really does sound exciting, though. By experience with wildlife, if you don't disturb animals, they'll just keep doing what they're doing and lights only have a small impact on them as light in itself is not a threatl; only actions and proximity are a threat.

On my end, I used my lights at work to find out why a small portable unit wouldn't let itself be opened (turns out I didn`t need a flashlight, as I forgot the external nut that keeps the probe socket attached to the case.) Then used low mode to read some details in my procedure manual as I had to do a test with fluorescent dyes. Not really a good job for the unenlightened :D

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent the last 2 days in the Poconos, I used my zebralight h51fw and zebralight sc600w both with dc-fix for setting up the tent and for barbecues. my malkoff md2 with m61L (reg xpg) as back up, as I like warm/neutral much better for food and outdoors. My favorite was the H51fw as it was the most floody and I didn't have much of a spot at all distracting me.

One missed call

Newly Enlightened
Last night, as with most nights before that, I used one of my lights (most often my DDR30) to occasionally light up dark paths I walk/jog on at a park nearby me.

Coincidentally, during that time it is also being used to put me in a great mood, plaster a big smile on my face and motivates me to exercise! :)

I am only 4 months into my light addiction, but the initial thrill EVERYTIME I use my lights continues unabated.

Last edited:

joeinid

Newly Enlightened
Last night, as with most nights before that, I used one of my lights (most often my DDR30) to occasionally light up dark paths I walk/jog on at a park nearby me.

Coincidentally, during that time it is also being used to put me in a great mood, plaster a big smile on my face and motivates me to exercise! :)

I am only 4 months into my light addiction, but the initial thrill EVERYTIME I use my lights continues unabated.

That's awesome! I carry a light now everywhere I go and I am surprised how I got along without one. There's fine print on some forms at work and I just whip out my light (HDS EDC-E1s-Hcri today) and I can see. What a great feeling!