What did you use your flashlight for today?

Ishango

Enlightened
We went walking around the lake again last night after dark (this time the whole 1,5 hours walk). I constantly used my HDS Clicky on medium mode and it performed great. The beam is still one of the best I've ever seen and the tint is simply great. I used the burst mode to light the road or open fields a bit further. I used my Olight M21X once to light up the fields a bit better to see some landmarks further away to determine my position.

ericjohn

Enlightened
I use a flashlight everyday several times a day (usually for the same purposes each time.) Yesterday, however, I used it for a more unusual purpose: The day before; my dad asked me to close all of the shudders on his windows in preparation for Karen. So I got up early yesterday and grabbed my newly purchased, NOS, Garrity i600G. I had it with me because I didn't realize the sun was up yet. So I am walking around the house closing the shudders and discover a wasp nest. Thankfully it was in the early morning and these type of creatures are not aggressive at that said time. I walked into the utility room and fetched the can of Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer. I sprayed them and watched them die, then smashed the nest. I had several more sets of shudders to close, so I would take my flashlight shine between the bricks and the shudders then spray if needed. I pretended that I was on a S.W.A.T. team or in the military preforming an urban combat raid. There were several other nests and I ended up killing approximately 40-50 wasps.

Now I have my arsenal of flashlights scanners and radios ready for Karen in case she comes here. As of now she is a D- tropical storm. (In other words she is barely passing the criteria to be a tropical storm, since her maximum sustained winds are 40 MPH and the minimum for a T.S. is 39 MPH.

rlmono

Newly Enlightened
Got my Piko TL Max used a few days ago to remove my drumset from the stage. After the gig we drunk some beer and had fun, and the stage crew had gone. It was absolutely no problem with this tiny big light.

Cool man, im the Lighting Director at a concert venue in chicago. I just got the 4sevens Quark Pro Burst and i love it. Used it to do some work on the stage tonight.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used my Trustfire SSC P7 in the back yard when I saw a small animal cross the driveway as I pulled in. I didn't find the animal (probably a large cat) but it was good to see how this light performs for this use.

mhpreston

Enlightened
Sheesh - all these exciting stories about tropical storms, wasps and drum kits. I used my little Olight keychain torch to navigate across a pub car park.

Richub

Enlightened
How do you attach your TK on the bike, I am looking for new options for mounting my large lights to my bikes.

I don't. Usually I use my LD25 with the AF02 flashlight mount, but that day the batteries in that LD25 died on me within a minute.
I then used my TK45 on medium in my hand as a bike-light. The only mounts I know of that are big & strong enough to hold a TK45 are custom made.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Used my Maratac AA on high to inspect the engine bays of both an 8-year old Nissan Micra I'm buying off my sister in law (it was clear of any nasty leaks) and a 2 year old Nissan Note my wife's hopefully buying. That looked like new, as expected! The light provided ample illumination in the darker corners of the engine bay despite bright sunlight.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ripping our old kitchen out. Had to see the mess under the sink...

e3ujaty9.jpg

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't silhouette that cop, I was slightly taller than he was, and raised that TK45 above my head. So all he saw was instant daylight, and only a hint of a shadow of his head near his feet.
And as for those reactions: I usually don't get much response too while using my lights, and posting about not getting any response at all isn't that interesting, so I limit my posts to the interesting comments. ;)

I used that TK45 again this evening, to light my way cycling through some very dark streets. They are replacing the street lights there, and I hardly could see anything outside the beam of that LD25, so I used my TK45 on high to provide extra light. Having it handheld helped a lot aiming it down/away when I encountered other people on the road to avoid blinding them.

I'm beginning to use my lights more and more at night since I discovered I have the onset of cataracts, this ruins the very good night vision I had until last year... :( If I have surgery to fix this in the future, I hope my night vision returns... I miss it.

:thumbsup: Yeah man. I get you. I remember reading some of these classic "flashlight moment" stories and wondered about similar reactions people where getting - instead, with 200 lumens of light. :D

Edit: Like this example :D

"...out came over 300lumens of light from my side of the canal
evilgrin07.gif
Not only were the boat and the canal lit up like daytime, but the trees around it for someway, the whole section of the bank on the other side of the river and a couple of houses on the street behind it were lit up like a police searchlight
naughty.gif
"

^^^ 300 lumens is like daytime? LoLz. Embellishing much? :D

Last edited:

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
Light on our microfiche at work died and a customer came in wanting parts for an old machine.

I Pulled out my L2P fitted with the CRE XM-L2 3000K and put it in the machine.
It was a very tight fit as the tail of the light was hitting up against the cooling fan of the unit so the light did not shine straight ahead like it should have, but enough light still got through were we could use the machine.

I may rethink getting a single 123 cell light now, because probably less than 20% of the light actually went were it should have because of the angle, but it still got the job done. :thumbsup:

fb2

Newly Enlightened
Photon keychain light approaching an unlit front door at an unfamiliar house.

tam17

Enlightened
As usual, I've been strobing the tarmac last evening. Went with a kid for an evening walk and used my Nitecore EC2 to make sure we're being noticed at badly lit local pedestrian crossings. For some reason drivers usually slow down and pay attention when they notice the random strobe (hint: police here uses random blue strobes on their vehicles!), but still you can't be absolutely sure...

Cheers

Ishango

Enlightened
Again we went for a walk around the lake last night (good to walk a lot again) and this time my girlfriend used my Nitecore MT1A on low. I used my Quark Mini AA on moonmode (and sometimes on higher modes to see more detail). In one of the large open fields around the lake I tested my Armytek Predator V2 XP-G2 to see it's actual range for once and it is quite impressive (better than the Olight M21X I tested there last time). Funny thing was when we left the house my girlfriend asked me if I brought a light with me, to which I could only reply "Do you really need to ask?" :twothumbs It practically never happens that I leave the house without a light on me, especially when I know in advance I will be walking in a very dark area.