What did you use your flashlight for today?

Wurkkos

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My dog said "woof woof" kinda quiet like. That's his way of saying "intruder a hundred yards out". So I went out back with a Maglite ML300 and heard Boston "More Than a Feeling" off in the distance. I shined the light toward the music and heard "my bad" and the music turned down. It wasn't very loud but the neighbor must have thought it bothered me.

CHNeal

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Peak Eiger in my mouth on top of a old boiler adjusting the high limit switch.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just came in from outside, where we are in the middle of a violent thunder/rain/wind storm. A downspout had been blown away by high wind gusts and I used a new Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA to find the downspout and reattach it.

Earlier this evening I used the same light to check for basement water leakage.

protac1l-1aa.jpg

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Just now I was putting my lunchbox in the fridge at work when I saw a little bit of leakage around the lid. It was bean sauce. Used my S2+ 219C to check if the thermal bag I carry the lunchbox in had gotten dirty from it.

It had, but it was an almost insignificant bit, and easily cleaned.

CHNeal

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Bike this morning. Usually it’s walking but need to be in at 0530 this morning so took the bike. Quick 20 min ride with a great headlight.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just came in from outside, where we are in the middle of a violent thunder/rain/wind storm. A downspout had been blown away by high wind gusts and I used a new Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA to find the downspout and reattach it.

Earlier this evening I used the same light to check for basement water leakage.

View attachment 18710
You and me both.. It started raining Sunday afternoon. The hardest fell in evening around 10pm. Manker E03H got a good workout. Tho, last thing on my mind was how pretty the Hi Cri tint is watching my backyard fill up with rain water.. 7am this morning it was still raining.. All said and done we got 7.5" rain. Broke old record from 1880 of 5.5" for October. Good start for the reservoirs!

fuyume

Newly Enlightened
This evening, my organisation hosted a reception for a new Artist in Residence, which took place outdoors in an open but heated tent. I was in charge of making the name badges for everyone, so when it came time at the end of the nighttime event to collect all the badges for reuse, including all the ones that hadn't been picked up from the welcome tent, I used my Fenix E12 v2.0, which fits quite nicely into my evening bag, to search the ground surrounding the table in the welcome tent where the badges had been made available. A few had blown off the table, so I was very glad to have my tiny EDC light with me.

Upon arriving home, I realised I was almost out of wine, so I hopped on my bicycle and once again used my Fenix PD36 TAC on its handlebar mount as my head light and my Cat Eye Auto Rapid 3 LED tail light (1xAA) to go to the market and buy more. Still haven't charged it, about six weeks since I got it, and it's still going strong. I expect it probably will not last too much longer, as I use it for about an hour a night 2-3 times a week. I use the 150 lumen mode for most of my ride, but I use the 350 lumen mode for a short downhill stretch were I coast up to about 25-30 mph, so the extra brightness makes it a bit safer.

CHNeal

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
This morning I used my hound dog to teach a rude bicylist a lesson in trail etiquette. The first 3 days of this week I have had a bit of a run in with a cyclist that insists on running a high lumen / candela strobe adjusted straight ahead riding down the middle of the trail at 0530.
I asked that maybe lose the strobe on a trail and maybe adjust down a bit to not just destroy the vision of others on the trail And stay to one side. Response was a mumble of some sort and rode on. That was tuesday, Wednesday here he is again and I told him to adjust the freaking light And move over. He yelled for me to **** off he has to see…
This morning the Hound Dog lit him up enough that he swerved, yelled and stoped after passing me. *** bag says that I should not do that to people as now he can’t see…I responded “ **** off I gotta see”.
Damn I love this light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Road rage on bicycles……whoda-thunk?

I used a headlamp on low setting to defrost my freezer. There's a little dispersal cup that spreads out water for the ice maker. A block of ice had formed in the cup, so the water was unknowingly spreading in the ice maker and around it. That led to a few unseen igloos at the rear of the freezer I keep loaded with frozen bottles of water. Some were hidden behind a wall of ice.
The headlamp helped find the shiney frozen water clinging in crevices that were removed via a paint scraper and dental pick.

CHNeal

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Hound Dog on my Saturday morning walk. Cut it short as I have to work today. Did spot 3 coyotes and the normal fox sentry I see every Saturday and Sunday morning sitting on the same rock on the same little hill between 4:45 and 5:15. I like the fox am a creature of habit and am walking past that spot at that time.
Before the hound dog I could only see his eyes and vague outline. With the hound dog he is front and center.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Good manners are going the way of the honest politician CH.

I used my 4D Maglite to bash a little lady over the head for taking too long to cross the road, then I strobed a baby long enough to steal its candy……
Just kidding but it is sad to see how much courtesy is lacking in America anymore.

In the meantime I did do one dastardly deed. I used my cellular phone for a flashlight early this morning. :eek:

CHNeal

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
In the meantime I did do one dastardly deed. I used my cellular phone for a flashlight early this morning. :eek:
I was caught doing that very thing last night! My daughter was over and asked me to look at a loose pin on her watch band. I had already emptied my pockets from work but hadn’t changed clothes so no pocket Eiger on me. Grabbed my phone off the table and she gasped! Said if she had done that I would have never let her live it down. She was of course correct!

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Had to use my S2+ Nichia to find my mother's water bottle under her bed. It had dropped and rolled all the way to rest against the opposite wall! Annoying. Retrieved it (had to move the whole bed) and the night was saved.

No specific reason for the S2+, it was just the closest torch available. Did get to see the bottle in glorious neutral tint with high CRI, though, which is always a plus :sssh:
I've also had to fall back on my phone's flashlight occasionally. It's better than nothing. Mayhe a phone flashlight should be called a "flashlette."
Same here. My phone's flash beam is my widest flooder and it lights up the entirety of my building's staircase really well. As a flashaholic, I'd even risk saying disturbingly well!

By the by, I'm on board with this new nomenclature. lol