What did you use your flashlight for today?

Megalamuffin

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I discovered a pretty nifty use for an adjustable lanyard today. The rubber grip ring also gives it additional traction to stay in place. Just point and shine.

494D32AF CEB3 41BC 8517 37CE11012760

C

chip100t

Enlightened
With the uk about to go into an energy crisis which will leave many people struggling to pay the bills I now use my olight I3t on 5l using an Eneloop to navigate my house at night rather than turn on the lights.

Spending my evenings sat in the dark is new to me as I was that person you would have to follow around turning off all the lights I left on in my wake otherwise I would be be sat down with my whole house lit up like a Christmas tree.

Last edited:
Jean-Luc Descarte

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Just for kicks, turned off the lights in the employees' bathroom at work and took my morning shower under the ceiling-bounced light of my Convoy M1. All lamps here are CFL or LED and universally cool white, so the 3300K-ish of the torch was a welcome warm break.

PhotonWrangler

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I had to replace a tiny co-ax cable in a wi-fi device. One end of the cable is an SMA connector and the other end is a U.FL connector. That U.FL is so tiny that it takes a magnifier to see it! Anyway they have a tendency to pop off, so I used some Bondic to adhere it to the motherboard's mating connector and cured it with my Alonefire 365nm UVA light.

And I used my PD-36R on low to see what I was doing in there.

Megalamuffin

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Quite a bit of light use happened today. Wurkkos fc11 illuminating plumbing under a cabinet and a toilet, olight i1r pro holding in my mouth while needing both hands and direct light inside shower valves, and surefire edcl1-t for pointing something out to a customer. After getting home I used the 3000k 219b s2+ to illuminate the application of shoe goo to the sole of one boot and mend some splits in the leather on a pair of work boots. Hopefully that will give them just a bit more life.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my Tool AAA last night to put the padding back on my bicycle helmet, in prep for commuting to work this morning.

And of course poop happens and I'm forced to go by car :banghead:

Megalamuffin

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Used the e2d with bright LF bulb and the switch off an e1b mv to add some fluids and a touch of oil to the trusty old S10. I wish I was a flashaholic when the incan executives were cutting edge, but even now being outdated they are so nice to use.

4CB6DF19 C0FB 4E65 B1AA D5174E8A3848

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i still play with mine everyday they relax me they calm me and bring me joy its way nicer today becuase there are lights i can afford

Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
I find the Fenix LD15R ideal for charging up the solar cell inside my Citizen Eco-Drive watch. Normally I hate lights with magnetic tailcaps. But that Fenix is the exception. Light-switch in the backroom at work has a metal cover on it. There's a small shelf a handful of inches below the cover. So, watch goes on the shelf, light goes on the metal cover, turn the light until the beam shines directly on the watch. Leave it there for 2 hours. Recharge the battery in the flashlight before the shift ends. Yup, that's what I used my flashlight for.

End of shift, flashlight is charged up and so is the solar cell in my watch. Especially useful since my handful of other watches are all dead. Battery ones ran out during the height of Covid. My one automatic watch, crown popped out. My Citizen BM7080-03E from over a decade ago is still going strong.

PhotonWrangler

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I dropped a tiny black screw onto a grey carpet at work today. Out came the PD36R, but this time I couldn't find it with the light so I grabbed my magnetic sweeper and ran it across the carpet until I heard a tiny "clink!" Found it.

I think this is one of Murphy's laws - tiny black parts are attracted to grey carpets.

Steve1

Steve1

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I used my vintage camouflage Malkoff MD2 just to admire it and blast the neighborhood across the bean field and beyond 👍🏻 This beauty has a Malkoff M61 with a high/low switch. Also a custom Kydex flashlight holder that clicks when you place it in the holster👍🏻

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 17
Steve1

Steve1

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I used my vintage camouflage Malkoff MD2 just to admire it and blast the neighborhood across the bean field and beyond 👍🏻 This beauty has a Malkoff M61 with a high/low switch. Also a custom Kydex flashlight holder that clicks when you place it in the holster👍🏻

Jean-Luc Descarte

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my EDC01 to try and troubleshoot a locker at work this afternoon. The chick got the key to locker A, then shoved it in all ignorance in the lock of cabinet B, and couldn't get it out. If my limited knowledge of locksmithing is worth any, she got one of the pins to drop behind the bitting of the key and trap it in place.

No dice. Paper, pressed plastic, a staple, even a strip of aluminium soda can were no help, either because they were too thick to fit the gap or weren't stiff enough to push the pins back. Tried for half an hour and just couldn't.

The library's gonna call a professional locksmith now to solve the issue, at her expense, and no matter what he has to do, it's not gonna be anywhere near dirt cheap. As my grandma always said: pay attention to what you're doing.

Megalamuffin

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Used the MD2 with M61T today at work a good bit. I plan to stick with it as my primary light all week. The low mode is fantastic with two li-ions, about 20 lumens that shoots quite far with a good hotspot.

tech25

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not today but this past weekend I went away to a rural area.
Brought my HDS rotary with a Surefire diffuser, C8 from MTN electronics, ZL H600fc, and ZL sc600w.

There were no streetlights and around the houses it was pitch black. The HDS was awesome with both diffuser on and off. The UI was perfect for general usage.

The C8 was uncomfortable to use most of the time (the light was too strong between the houses- worked really well in the open spaces)

Both Zebralights worked beautifully, I didn’t really notice a huge advantage of HCRI-however, the warmer tints were easier on my eyes.

As far as the headlamp, I want to try a mule. I got the Zebralight Floody version just in case it’s my only light (can use it for close up or distance) but I usually have at least my HDS with me if not a few others so a mule might be better.

All in all I was surprised how few lumens were really necessary in the dark vs in the city where lights get washed out by the bright lights.

Last edited: