What did you use your flashlight for today?

Mickey Holmes

Newly Enlightened
3:30 AM?! You have almost killed my desire for a K9!
Luckily most dogs, most of the time aren't like this. My dog is very old and his body doesn't function properly all the time. While he's never had an accident inside, I'd rather take the 5 minutes letting him out than 15 minutes cleaning up a mess. Fortunately, he doesn't wake me up very often.

Dogs are work, but they aren't too bad. I don't have kids, but I imagine dogs are a lot less work than children.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Genuinely sorry you got that interpretation. I never once said anything along those lines. Nor do I act like a tough guy in front of those who trespass. Everyone I've kicked out was dealt with professionally. I shine my light into their car windows to determine what I'm dealing with. Practically all the cars in the neighborhood have tinted windows. How else am I supposed to see inside?

I need to determine if the vehicle is empty, if someone is sleeping, or perhaps passed out and needs medical attention. Which, 5 year ago; yeah that was the case. Or, if someone is in the middle of committing suicide and in far more desperate need of help. That's why I use my lights. And no, I'm not going to go into detail about that last one.

Wasn't bragging. That was your interpretation. I can't help that.

Irresponsible?.... Did I put a gun to his head and force him to drink until he became drunk off his backside? Did I then tell him to drive off or I'd gun him down? That would be a "No" to all of those questions. A young man, clearly above drinking age in America CHOSE to get wasted. CHOSE to get into his vehicle instead of calling a cab or an Uber. CHOSE to drive along the road being a danger to himself and others.

I'm now somehow responsible for this grown adult because he decided to pull into a Private parking lot where I work at before he passed out at the wheel? Yeah, no. I'm not his father. I'm not responsible for him nor for his actions. He CHOSE his actions. As a grown man, he's responsible for his actions. I'm not.

All the years I've worked there, I had one individual tell me honestly that he was too messed up to drive. Asked for my help. I called him a cab, made sure the driver knew where to take him. And assured him that his vehicle would not get towed away. Went inside, called up the tow company that has the contract with the client. Explained the situation. Gave them the Make, Model, and Plate number of the guy's car. Told them not to tow it. Not that night, not any other. Their operator wasn't sure I had the authority to do that. I gave her my full name and told her I was taking responsibility for the No Tow order on that vehicle.

Supervisor found out about what I did. But not the client. Supervisor looked the other way. I have no problem helping anyone who asks for help. But I'm nobody's daddy. I'm not responsible for anyone in this world except myself. A drunk who CHOSE to trespass is responsible for his actions. That doesn't change just because he happens to pull into the lot I work at. Plain and simple.

Thank you. But rest assured, I know how to do my job. And fully aware that it's far from a cool occupation. Every single trespasser I've kicked out, drunk or not, was done in a professional and polite manner. Only a couple of exceptions, both due to how the trespassers chose to behave. For example: Getting aggressive and acting tough. I re-state they are trespassing. Remind them it's a crime. And, tell them to get out. But again, only came to that on a couple of occasions.

Again, thank you. But I have plenty of experience on how to properly do my job as a security guard. As for that last part, I already explained why I do that.

Obviously I've encountered and responded to your posts before on CPF. Always a pleasant encounter. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to chalk this up as an unfortunate misunderstanding between the two of us. A one-off. I hope you feel the same way. If not.... that's genuinely unfortunate.
Genuinely curious, what would have happened if that drunk you sent out killed some mother and her children? Would you be held responsible or how does that work? Are you not allowed to call the police to handle stuff like that? I know a friend of mine used to watch a lot in Johnson city Tennessee and the owner really didn't want him calling the cops unless something completely insane happened because of liability reasons.

Used my Malkoff 4L to take the trash down and sweep the woods beside my driveway. We've had several bears in the yard the last few days.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my S21A MAO to spot a mosquito under the counter that was using my leg for breakfast early this morning. The 5700K 519A's CRI was perfect to distinguish between it and the black granite it'd blend in almost perfectly with a lower CRI light. One casual spritz of ethanol and it was done for.

Alcohol kills these things better than ANY bug spray – even a light misting soaks their wings into uselessness, and down to the floor they go. Hit them straight on and a droplet will drown them dead in 2 seconds.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mrs Fixer came home with a bag of chew toys for the hounds. Silicone spikey kind. At 2am I used the Sofirn C01 to make sure I didn't step on any because it's not that unlike stepping on a lego piece.

IMG_1556.jpeg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my S21A MAO to spot a mosquito under the counter that was using my leg for breakfast early this morning. The 5700K 519A's CRI was perfect to distinguish between it and the black granite it'd blend in almost perfectly with a lower CRI light. One casual spritz of ethanol and it was done for.

Alcohol kills these things better than ANY bug spray – even a light misting soaks their wings into uselessness, and down to the floor they go. Hit them straight on and a droplet will drown them dead in 2 seconds.
Are you in the land of snakes and giant spiders? I know it's been a warm winter in our northern hemisphere, but even still the mosquitos are long gone

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Arrived to work at my 3rd shift job. Saw an orange SUV covered in some stickers, parked near the entrance gate. Literally never seen it before. Used my Eagtac P200LR to look inside the empty vehicle. Then spotted the unique authorized vehicle plaque/sticker we use for the parking lots. Okay, guess the hideous thing is allowed to be there.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ended up getting really sick so I used my HDS with moonlight modes as I staggered to the bathroom multiple times last night
Be sure to drink some gatorade or even better, "electrolit" when you can. It's like pedialite for adults.

I used my incan solitaire to navigate through a dark house at 3am when I was suddenly wide awake like I'd slept all night.

Sometimes for no reason my body turns on the night shift mode. I just reach over to the bedside table and grab a flashlight then go to another room and read stuff.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When entering our house after dark, I can usually find the keyway and unlock the door pretty quickly, but tonight with the wind and the cold I didn't have time for futzing around with the lock. So I used my PD36R to get in quickly.