What did you use your flashlight for today?

Reaper

Enlightened
Walked my Husky up to one of our gated communities parks. Saw some movement in the dim moon light when the Husky froze so I lit up the area with my MD2 / M61. It was like a scene from Night of the Lepus. A pack of about 20 bunny rabbits just standing there glaring at us. My poor dog never saw so many bunnies at one time in the same place that he didn't know what to do. Just kept turning his head one way then another. It was cracking me up.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walked my Husky up to one of our gated communities parks. Saw some movement in the dim moon light when the Husky froze so I lit up the area with my MD2 / M61. It was like a scene from Night of the Lepus. A pack of about 20 bunny rabbits just standing there glaring at us. My poor dog never saw so many bunnies at one time in the same place that he didn't know what to do. Just kept turning his head one way then another. It was cracking me up.

Awesome story. Would have loved to have seen your dog just frozen and unable to figure out which bunny to get first.

Similarly, last night I was walking back to work and was just randomly lighting up small bushes/plants with my RA Clicky. When my light sweeps behind these flowers I see eyes glowing. I accidentally disturbed a black cats resting spot. He was completely lost to me until his eyes glowed green.

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
I had to go up to see what was wrong with the pump in the evap cooler and used my Preon II so I could see what I was doing :)

325addict

Enlightened
Flashlight: 4sevens Quark 123^2 turbo warm white

used for #1:
checking the inside of a sound devices 302 portable mixer: WHY does that screw turn, and not go in any further than this?

used for #2: to check that wound inside my mouth: is it still swollen so badly there? :thinking:

used for #3: to check the time on my '50s Junghans alarm clock to see if I should get up already :sick2:

Timmo.

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened
Flashlight: Quark mini 123 warm white.

Use: Last night I went for a walk with my dog. The flashlight was attached to a lanyard around my neck for easy access. When I arrived back home, the automatic gate for cars opened, and I heard a snap. Oh no, the chain broke. To observe if my hypothesis was correct, I turned on my easily accessible light. I was correct; the chain had snapped.

I provided the light needed for my dad to get the gate closed. He fixed the gate this morning.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every morning, my L-Mini II 5C sits on my bathroom counter on low while I shower. It provides just enough light so that I can navigate the tiles without tripping myself, and allows me to cleanse myself in half-asleep/zombie mode, refraining from waking up for those extra precious minutes. I just took receipt of my first flashlight purchase of 2010 today, an H501W, so we'll see if there is any competition...

jcw122

Enlightened
Light: 4Sevens Quark AA^2 Q3-5A Tactical

Use: Tonight I was at a campground, my sister and I parked a bit up the hill from the fire where our friends were. We decided to leave after a few hours, by then it was pitch black in the campground. Navigated our way back with my Quark on Turbo...I still awe in the power of this thing's beam! Plenty of spill, and loads of light.

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
Blinded a friend...:devil:

I blinded a co-worker today after he said something about how our work lights were too bright... Yeah, it was mean. :whistle:

Later I used it to look at some gritty threads to see if they were crossthreaded because the bolt felt really tight. I found the problem. :)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went into the woods with a group of people. I lit the way in, the firewood search, then handed the light to the scaredy-cats. Then lit the way out.

nbp

Flashaholic
He said my head was a big black spot in his vision. Hehehe. :duh2:

Tonight I used said light to check the dark corners of the plant at work for boogeymen before I locked up. And then to check the treeline for boogeymen as I walked to my car. (our building is in a little town, there's no crime, but I check anyways. It's one of the perks of working second shift. I get to use flashlights when I leave.).

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a few minutes ago, I used my Fenix TK40 to look for something in my truck's glove box. While I was out there, I couldn't resist shining it up and down the deserted street.

My TK40's turbo mode *still* makes me smile every time I turn it on. :)

fishinfool

Enlightened
Just a few minutes ago, I used my Fenix TK40 to look for something in my truck's glove box. While I was out there, I couldn't resist shining it up and down the deserted street.

My TK40's turbo mode *still* makes me smile every time I turn it on. :)

That's funny because I just now used my TK40 to take out the trash and then started shining it up and down both streets and maybe a little on a few houses until they turned their lights on. :sssh:

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I've just used my E2L for digging around inside a server to identify a failed hard drive and replace it.

Low mode was beautiful for that application.

manitoe

Newly Enlightened
Used my Ra Clicky 170T on lowest mode this morning to find a pair of black socks without waking everyone up at 5 AM.