What did you use your flashlight for today?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
View attachment 30387
He's a puppy. They chew on anything and everything while they are teething.
That's an adapter for a roof drain down spout drain to go from metal pipe to plastic pipe. He pulled the plastic pipe off the metal down spout this morning and decided to keep the connector after he figured out how to disconnect it from the pipe.
Note: the photo was taken using a MagTac2 adding fill light.

View attachment 30388
A flashlight he stole off the coffee table while I was not in the room.
Obviously he was looking for a light snack.

/I'll show myself out

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went away with the family for the weekend to a rural area. Primary used my Malkoff MD3 with M91N outdoors. Has great spread and throw. The 4000k tint was perfect! This is one light with no regrets.

Indoors and sometimes out (as it's always on me) I used my HDS rotary NLT. I am always surprised how useful it is when I take it outdoors in rural areas. I live in the city so lights get washed out by street lights and buildings and I don't get to see them in dark/dim areas.

In my bag but not used too often, was my ZL H600fc and Convoy C8.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put the flashlight on the floor or other surfaces to better see where the dust remains

Attachments

• IMG_6626.JPG
    IMG_6626.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 44

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I put the flashlight on the floor or other surfaces to better see where the dust remains
Reminds me that yesterday I used my Tool AA to find an earring-holder-tack-thing for my mother. Setting it on the ground revealed it practically instantly.

To Ma's credit, she did go for a light of mine to look for it, but she's on in years and can't bend down easily to put it on the ground, so she illuminated the ground from above. Problem is, the earring-holder-tack-thing was on its side and the non-bright side was facing up, so it didn't stand out.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me that yesterday I used my Tool AA to find an earring-holder-tack-thing for my mother. Setting it on the ground revealed it practically instantly.

To Ma's credit, she did go for a light of mine to look for it, but she's on in years and can't bend down easily to put it on the ground, so she illuminated the ground from above. Problem is, the earring-holder-tack-thing was on its side and the non-bright side was facing up, so it didn't stand out.

for the sake of interest, I drove into the search and it turned out that such slippers have been produced for a long time, I think should not go in them often, otherwise all the dust will be visible all the time

1659616668121.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Definitely had a winning flashaholic moment.
Needed to use the restroom at an Auto Body shop.
(Minor work done on the car.) Well, the light was out.
Pulled out the main light I'm currently carrying.
Nightstick Tac-310XL. Lit up the tiny restroom very easily.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Working a night shift the contractor was pulling down a big sign that stretched all the way across the highway. I was at a staging area about 1/4 mile away (400+m) and as the crane lowered the sign it was not lit up so the crane operator could not see how far it was from the road, ground etc.

I shone my Maglite ML150 shorty on the sign that lit up like daylight. The guy standing next to me says "holy**** that thing is bright"

It was kinda cool lighting an object to help out a contractor from 1/4 mile away.

Edit: added photo
1E949D65-4477-4702-8BEE-4A213021B360.jpeg

The big green thing laying on the ground to the right was hanging across the road before it was swung around and lowered to the ground. While being lowered it was not very visible so I lit it up. I'd light it for 10 seconds and not for 10 seconds while it was being lifted to mess with the mind of a motorist stuck in traffic so they could see better why they were stuck while the lowered it. After it was no longer hanging over the road I lit it steady until it was near the ground. My thought was somebody involved may ask "where is that light coming from?" since I was hundreds of yards away.

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shone my Maglite ML150 shorty on the sign that lit up like daylight. The guy standing next to me says "holy**** that thing is bright"

It was kinda cool lighting an object to help out a contractor from 1/4 mile away.

No LEP required tonite. Who needs lasers anyway?:)

3_gun

Enlightened
A Sofirn SC21 @ 400L as fill lighting for a back lit group photo, the phones flash didn't have the reach to do the job. Nice job from the floody, 90cri little light. Only real downside to using this light at work is the need to recharge every night. Side note it did survive a 12' fall onto a steel floor tonight also

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I used my EDC01 last night to navigate a dark sidewalk for a block party by my brother's home. The street was closed off for the events so I had to park farther away than I normally do, and because of small trees on the sidewalk, the lampposts don't reach the ground.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my old Zebralight H602w to help a girl change a wheel.
I had the Fenix HM61R with me but I preferred to take the H602w to work better.
She did not have the jack to lift the car, the H602w was useful to search my garden for a suitable old jack.
Summer bugs were delighted to know the H602w

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was trying to do a factory reset on a home wi-fi repeater and I didn't feel any tactile 'click' from the recessed reset button on the unit. So I took it apart and used my PD36R on low to inspect and photograph what turned out to be the wrong type of switch inside the reset hole. The clicky dome switch was pointing 90 degrees away from the hole.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I was trying to do a factory reset on a home wi-fi repeater and I didn't feel any tactile 'click' from the recessed reset button on the unit. So I took it apart and used my PD36R on low to inspect and photograph what turned out to be the wrong type of switch inside the reset hole. The clicky dome switch was pointing 90 degrees away from the hole.
Do you figure it came that way from the factory, or did someone bubba it later?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Do you figure it came that way from the factory, or did someone bubba it later?
It looks like a factory error, either by their procurement department or the individual who loaded the parts reels into the pick-and-place machine. I could probably replace it with some hot air re-work but I'm debating whether it will be worth the time and effort.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Took out my Nightstick Tac-310 XL to check inside an ace Hardware black bag with red lettering, that I keep on the floor of my backseat. It has individual items to mix up more hand sanitizer in it. Couldn't fit another item into the bag that I knew should fit. Plastic + rubberized measuring cup had fallen over on its side. Unfortunately, one of my "genius" co-workers threw out the large, empty bottle of Purell that I use each time to mix up a new batch for everyone which we keep at the Security desk.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I used my..... wait, no that was the night before. The um..... nope that was Friday.
Come to think of it I went 24 hours without using a flashlight. 😱 gadzooks!

Edit; actually I did use a flashlight last night. At some point after midnight I was awakened by a touch of heartburn so I sat up in bed first to see if a burp would solve it. Sometimes a burp is all that's needed.

After a time no burp so reach for the pill bottle on my bedside table with a few Tums inside. Open the bottle and "oopsies" drop the bottle. My 2am flashlight is a sublumen 1950's number with a near spent battery but I wanted to clean up on aisle 3 quickly so I grabbed the 6 lumen Sofirn C01 with a sophie LED . Turns out no Tums had left the bottle. Also turns out all that commotion raised a burp and I felt better. But I ate a Tums anyway. May as well afterall.

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I used my..... wait, no that was the night before. The um..... nope that was Friday.
Come to think of it I went 24 hours without using a flashlight. 😱 gadzooks!
I felt that! Over here the nights are getting shorter and the sun is coming up earlier, so I'm no longer forced to use a light even at 6AM at work to walk around the building firing up the ceiling lamps for the day. Heck, at 5:30-ish AM it's so light out that I'm only using my bike lights to be seen and not to see.