What did you use your flashlight for today?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I dropped my 1950's Tom Thumb 2am nature call light at 2am, which caused the #112 bulb to become crooked. It shined sideways after that. So I used a 1960's 2C back up light to see while disassembling the Tom Thumb. Never did get the bulb straight after a few minutes so I turned off both and went back to sleep.

I'll fix it later today.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I returned it. Bought a Coast on sale from Home Depot a while back and didn't like it at all. Finally got around to taking it back today and apparently the price went up since I got back $42 on a $16 investment.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I used it to take a picture of how it would perform in the woods with a lot of brush.

7M0sURRlVL9Sb8WVl4ZhZ-JvE5=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
Is that an FC40 light, Poppy?
No Jean-Luc, its a Convoy S2+ with an XML2 probably 5000K.
I think it has 3x maybe 4x AMC7135 chips driving it at 1050ma or 1400ma.
As you know they can be had with 6-8 chips, but I bought a few of them with fewer chips to get longer run times when at max. My grandson may not be considerate of rate of drain of a battery and run it consistently on HIGH. At that rate it wouldn't get him through a camping trip, or for that matter even one night.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
No Jean-Luc, its a Convoy S2+ with an XML2 probably 5000K.
I think it has 3x maybe 4x AMC7135 chips driving it at 1050ma or 1400ma.
As you know they can be had with 6-8 chips, but I bought a few of them with fewer chips to get longer run times when at max. My grandson may not be considerate of rate of drain of a battery and run it consistently on HIGH. At that rate it wouldn't get him through a camping trip, or for that matter even one night.
Ah, a classic setup :bowdown: We've discussed it before, I remember it well.

I asked because that exact beamshot, down to the spill/spot tint shift, is how the FC40 4000K looks to my naked eye in my M21B.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yesterday at work we misplaced a roll of black gaffer's tape in a dimly lit room. An initial search turned up empty, but I came back with my PD36R and searched again. Found it almost immediately. The roll of black tape had blended perfectly into a black tablecloth.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I have two Convoy S2+es. One has a Nichia 219C in a reflector, the other an SST20 under a TIR. Since a while back, I've been using the Nichia one as my work EDC and the SST20 for a bedside standby and night light, since its lowest mode is soft. Today I felt like changing pace and took the SST20 to work.

Hours later it was put to use scouring through our Lost & Found (actually a junk cabinet stuffed with cheap plastic bottles and other knick-knacks that no one ever came back for) in search for a pair of glasses. Couldn't find the requested pair, but at least the floody 30º TIR beam made looking through the shelves easy on the eyes :grin2:

Last edited:
Tonight I used one of my high lux throwers to scare the bejesus out of a pair of raccoons who were engaged in a frontal assault on my metal garbage can. Upon being illuminated and positivity identified the opposing force retreated in disarray. BDA indicates no enemy casualties, and canine security forces have not reported any further incursions past the yard's security perimeter. A regularly scheduled municipal sanitation sweep is expected to be performed on or about 0900 hours tomorrow, when the sanitation team will remove the high-value target beyond the reach of the intruders.

End of engagement report.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This morning at 3am I wanted to scan the next door neighbor's yard to see if the morning paper had arrived yet. I shined my PL-2 by the Photon King on the yard next door and saw it had not. I put the paper on the neighbor's porch nearly every morning.
It still amazes me how well that little triple a light can throw.

07663C1B-E451-4A37-9B0F-D2D3D0BF6690.jpeg

Both the PR-1 and PL-2 turn 7 years old this summer.
The PVD coating has held up well considering they both ride in my trouser pockets each day, mingling with other objects.

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
Killing mice, bought 8 traps, down to 2 empty. Hoping I don't need a 2nd round