What do you do with your old lights?

E

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
give them away.

Like the StreamLight 3D lite, with a bunch of 5mm LEDs. whatever it's called. TwinTask. Great Lite, but I haven't used it in a few years.

just one example.

Z

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I try not to buy multiple numbers of the same light unless it is something like a Mag that is cheap and easy to upgrade.When I no longer use a light it then goes into my collection,"retirement" I guess you could say.It is interesting to compare the lights of 20 years ago with what there is today and it will be interesting in 10 or 20 years to see the differences/advancements compared to todays lights.I wish I had kept more lights from my youth :sigh:

Since you have multiples you might just want to pass some of them along or try selling them at a yard sale.The lights that don't use CR123s would be good "loaners" for friends and neighbors.It doesn't help now but in the future avoid buying multiple examples of the same light then you won't have so many extras when you upgrade.:grin2:

greenLED

greenLED

Flashaholic
Donate them to the Red Cross or a similar organization.

F

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every now and then I think I might want to donate them somehow so proceeds go to CPF.

But I'm confused as to whether this is now not allowed for some reason?!

Does anyone know? [not looking for the details of the story, just the facts in case I misunderstood the situation]

Templar223

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
It's not that hard: Give them to close family and friends who don't have lights. They are often flabbergasted with the performance even though we look at it as mediocre compared to the latest, greatest.

John

F

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donate them to the Red Cross or a similar organization.

That's an excellent idea and for a good cause. Remember that you can donate them as a "gift in kind", meaning you will get a letter from the 501C3 acknowledging the gift. This allows you to use it for tax write offs. This means more in the kitty for new lights later on :grin2:

R

rtt

Enlightened
I donate my old or unused lights to Cub and Boy Scout troops. The kids that do not have thier own lights are very pleased.