What do you think the best folding knife

vicv

I really like the little opinel no 6 or 8 in either carbon or stainless. Super thin sharp blade. I use knives for cutting things, not splitting wood or carving bricks so I don't like thick tough knives

Olumin

CPF Supporter
Out of all the gear I carry the knife actually gets used least. Apart from opening packaging I only use it to sharpen short wooden sticks for cleaning clock movements and sometimes for cutting paper. A slipjoint is fine for that and legal to carry in DE. I really like the Lionsteel thrill its an insane knife. I mean, a titanium integral slipjoint in M390 on bearings with a retractable pocket clip! And all that for under 200€ made in italy. They even put a hardened steel insert in the back spring so the blade wont wear-down the Titanium (kinda like a lock-bar insert). The clip glides in a factory greased bronze bearing. Rounded spine, intricate milling. Only downside is no finger choil (for protection from accidental closing) and no one-handed opening option.

Nothing else like it, just 100% on execution, even compared to say CRK. If you like a modern slipjoint its THE knife to get!

vicv

Out of all the gear I carry the knife actually gets used least. Apart from opening packaging I only use it to sharpen short wooden sticks for cleaning clock movements and sometimes for cutting paper. A slipjoint is fine for that and legal to carry in DE. I really like the Lionsteel thrill its an insane knife. I mean, a titanium integral slipjoint in M390 on bearings with a retractable pocket clip! And all that for under 200€ made in italy. They even put a hardened steel insert in the back spring so the blade wont wear-down the Titanium (kinda like a lock-bar insert). The clip glides in a factory greased bronze bearing. Rounded spine, intricate milling. Only downside is no finger choil (for protection from accidental closing) and no one-handed opening option.

Nothing else like it, just 100% on execution, even compared to say CRK. If you like a modern slipjoint its THE knife to get!
That thing sounds awesome!

xxo

No such thing as "best", but the Delica 4 ruined other folders for me. Sold off the customs, large and small Sebenzas, Benchmades(though I wouldn't mind having my blue 940s and 940Ti back), other Spydercos, everything.
Crappy pic, but it's good as new after however many years. I originally bought the FFG green micarta version when it first came out, then a black FRN one that disappeared from my work bag, and was immediately replaced with the FFG gray FRN.
Since I don't have a lot of heavy knife use any more, the Delica is an ideal EDC.
Just disassembled and cleaned it for the first time in quite a while today. With some metal polish and elbow grease, even what I thought was permanent discoloration of the blade came out.
View attachment 15437

I like the Paramilitary, too, and am thinking about a PM2. When the original PM came out, I griped about the tip-down only clip(which I came to prefer), and used a Dremel tool to reshape the scales. Also ground that needle tip at an angle so it'd be more robust.
Posted that stuff on Bladeforums and/or Spyderco's forum back then. Who knew Spyderco would make my PM with the recontoured handles and a 4 way clip(PM2), and give the Delica and Endura my tip treatment?!? Always thought that was pretty cool.

My original PM had more lockbar movement/wear than I wanted, and got torture tested, which left me well impressed with the knife as a whole and the reliability of the lock, so the PM2 is an almost automatic choice for me if I do decide to get something more robust than the Delica.
Kinda liking that brown one with S35VN...
The FFG Delicas/Enduras are great knives, though I prefer the FRN Stretch and Calypso JR as they fit my hands a little better. I also like the serrated Atlantic Salt....it's hard to beat the FRN Spydercos for value and utility.